Hi, am i able to use this at&t curve 8900 with a boost mobile plan? I do not want to purchase a new bb from boost.
    09-14-11 01:50 PM
    Simply put: no. Boost uses iDEN and CDMA radio tech. ATT uses GSM.

However, if you got a used Sprint Curve, you should be able to use it with Boost. There's a whole process of how to do this which I won't get into here. Check HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - HowardForums Home and go to the Boost Mobile section of the forums to find out how.

Boost (which is owned by Sprint) used to allow sprint cdma phones on the boost network plans. They've been strict as of late about this. Some BB's will still work, meaning Sprint hasn't "blacklisted" them with Boost.

I had a BB Curve 8330 for Sprint that I used with Boost about a year and a half ago. Worked like a charm, however, appworld was not available to use, but then again, this was before Boost started carrying Blackberry phones so that made sense... Check out Howard Forums and get up to date with the "underground" things you can do with Boost Mobile; it's been a while since I've last looked into it.
    Last edited by jranciano; 09-14-11 at 02:03 PM.
    Rocky Deniro likes this.
    09-14-11 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD