Since retiring my 9900 for the mighty thirty I quickly became acquainted with BlackBerry StoryMaker.

A bunch of photos. Some great tunes. A title or two - and a great video is complete. Moments after the photos were collected. Very impressive.

Tonight I upped the anti.

Although a smartphone camera is good - it can never compete with the 75 to 300 mm lense on my Canon Rebel. In the digital world there is a 50% amplication on those specs. So close ups are not an issue - when on the opposite side of the pitch.

The madness of it all - I snapped some long range photos during an indoor soccer (football for those across the pond) game using the Rebel.

The photos came in a bit dark.

I then transferred the photos to my pc then onto my Z30.

I quickly edited them by auto enhancing and brightening the images - on the Z30.

Then proceeded to select them within BlackBerry StoryMaker, added some music and a great product results.

Very impressive.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 09:44 PM
    Welcome to the club, your gonna love this phone. You should try the new leak.

Posted on my Z30 on CB10.
    12-23-13 09:56 PM
    I am new on whole leak thing.

I'll need to review the forum to get myself up to speed - and get the recipe to update my os.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 10:01 PM
    I am new on whole leak thing.

I'll need to review the forum to get myself up to speed - and get the recipe to update my os.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Here start here, a lot of good info.

http://berryleaks.wikidot.com/guides:installing-leaks

Posted on my Z30 on CB10.
    12-23-13 10:22 PM
    Interesting site. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 10:35 PM
    BB_makes_it_happen, I have a Canon Rebel. I got an Eye-Fi card for it. Programmed the card to use my Z30 in HotSpot mode. Now I take photos, the Eye-Fi card connects to my Z30 HotSpot, sends the picture files to my computer at home where I have them stored in the DropBox folder. In a matter of minutes the pictures are available on my Z30 via DropBox.

While on holiday in England and Wales this past September, I was able to take pictures all over the beautiful countries, within hours I made StoryMaker videos, posted them on Youtube and posted links on FaceBook. Our family back in the states could share our experiences only hours later. All of this was done with my (then) Z10. The Z30 went on sale at Selfridges hours after we flew out.

By the way, since I installed 10.2.1.1055, I have installed the Eye-Fi Android app so I can now capture the pictures directly to my Z30 without using HotSpot.
    You rock. Thank you so much for this advice and guidance.

May the BlackBerry brotherhood treat you with the upmost respect.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 05:29 PM