Besides above noted features, one thing that I've really been loving on the Z30 over the Z10 is that the Z30's glass screen has rounded edges. Gesturing has more of a glide feel and are much more fluid IMO.

It's those small things that make a diff
    09-19-13 10:27 AM
    It would appear not many agree with you
    you do realize thats its not just a .2 GHz increase right? the CPU is 25% faster then the one in the Z10 not to mention the GPU is a few hundred percent faster, those two right there make the Z30 a big improvment over the Z10, the speaker setup also is another plus, there is a reason users of the HTC One love its sound, because there are two stereo speakers not just one, it'll have the same sort of sound setup as the playbook which is probably one of the better sounding tablets on the market.

the Z30 as a media and consumer device is far ahead of the Z10 people like you really need to pull their head out of their asses and need to stop making assumptions. sure the Z30 could have used higher specced quadcore CPUs but seriouslly there is no point in it and the Z30 be a significant improvement over the Z10 and the Z10 is not really a bad device, on a performance stand point it does very well for the hardware it is built on
    09-19-13 05:10 PM
    It would appear not many agree with you
    And many own iPhone's.... that majority trumps your minority

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 05:15 PM
    And many own iPhone's.... that majority trumps your minority

Posted via CB10
    Android owns more than 60 percent of the market. Thats the majority.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    09-19-13 05:49 PM
    i"m curious to know what other phones are planned since the z30 would be number 4 of the 6 they said would be out by the end of the year....

the z30 is nice for people that want that size but for someone who sticks his phones in his pockets i would either have to go buy a bunch of baggy pants for the life of the phone, or simply not get the phone...i'm going with the 2nd option.
    09-19-13 06:08 PM
    I love my Z10 and that's why I know I'll love the Z30 When I get it.

I sort of think the Z10 is the perfect size, but sometimes I wish it was a little wider.

I am also looking forward to the bigger battery and overall design of the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Same here 100%
    09-19-13 06:32 PM
    The main disadvantage of z30 is its screen resolution, i think. It should be full HD display.

Posted via CB10
    720p is full HD. 1080p is also full HD. 4k is also full HD. Are we going to need 16k?
    09-19-13 08:44 PM
    720p is full HD. 1080p is also full HD. 4k is also full HD. Are we going to need 16k?
    we most certainly are
    09-19-13 09:01 PM
    I don't see the Z30 in the same lane as the Z10, different clientele IMO. I mean theres clearly an overlap in clientele but nonetheless the Z10 offers a more compact experience.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 10:44 PM
    Android owns more than 60 percent of the market. Thats the majority.

Posted via CB10
    In case you haven't heard... " android " is an operating system ... I was referring to a specific " phone "... hence me stating... " iPhone "....

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 10:25 PM
    In case you haven't heard... " android " is an operating system ... I was referring to a specific " phone "... hence me stating... " iPhone "....

Posted via CB10
    It's still a fair comparison because apple only has a certain amount of devices running their operating system. Considering all of the android manufacturers combined and looking at the percentage of the phones that they sell with a majority of them being larger screened it's fair to say that the 4.7" to 5.2" range of phones are the best selling. Sure an iPhone is the best selling phone because up until now they only release one phone a year. If they released multiple devices throughout the year I guarantee one particular current gen iPhone would not out sale a current gen Galaxy. And even with the most "popular" phone yhey are the most popular phone running an operating system that is not close to android in sales.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 11:06 PM
    It's still a fair comparison because apple only has a certain amount of devices running their operating system. Considering all of the android manufacturers combined and looking at the percentage of the phones that they sell with a majority of them being larger screened it's fair to say that the 4.7" to 5.2" range of phones are the best selling. Sure an iPhone is the best selling phone because up until now they only release one phone a year. If they released multiple devices throughout the year I guarantee one particular current gen iPhone would not out sale a current gen Galaxy. And even with the most "popular" phone yhey are the most popular phone running an operating system that is not close to android in sales.

Posted via CB10
    Whatever your talking about with Android is irrelevant to the statement I made about IPhone earlier.... you can plug that statement where it belongs... which is another thread

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 02:03 PM
    . The z10 does NOTHING better than the z30 except for PPI due to it having a smaller screen.. which in itself is not really an advantage unless you prefer smaller screens.
    09-21-13 02:11 PM
    When it arrives in Denmark I'll be ready.

Posted via CB10
    Vil du se min Z30? ;-)

(EN: Do you want to see my Z30?)
    09-21-13 02:14 PM
    Believe me, you don't see the difference in pixel density at all, the Z30 is also NOTICEABLY faster than the Z10, When they release the final 10.2 OS I will be switching to it as my main device, the Z10 advantage here is only the size which makes it easier for one handed use, the Z30 can be used one handed but it's not as easy to do so.
    Z30 < Z10-img_00001459-small-.jpg
    playbookster and Dave Bourque like this.
    09-21-13 02:23 PM
    The only suspicious is the battery, in case it is gonna last only one day, I am not going to buy it.
    Using daily z10 with Mugen battery 3800 Mah, two days of heavy use is great.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 02:02 AM
    Don't forget about miracast, wifi direct and usb on the go.
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    09-22-13 02:32 AM
    It's allllllllll Zed bud!

Posted via a ZeDex or PlayaBook
    toobs623 likes this.
    09-22-13 02:38 AM
    I for one am looking forward to the stereo speakers. If they sound anything like the PlayBook I'm sold.

Posted via CB10
    I love the stereo speakers on my Playbook
    I was a little surprised that the Z10 didn't have them. It was clearly a great feature! At least they're now bringing it to the Z30...

Keith H. Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 11:24 AM
    The only suspicious is the battery, in case it is gonna last only one day, I am not going to buy it.
    Using daily z10 with Mugen battery 3800 Mah, two days of heavy use is great.
    I've rarely not made it a full day on the Z30 with mod-heavy usage. On lighter days I'll get through with about 40% left.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 05:38 PM
    I love the stereo speakers on my Playbook
    I was a little surprised that the Z10 didn't have them. It was clearly a great feature! At least they're now bringing it to the Z30...

Keith H. Posted via CB10
    not that the Z10 sounds bad at all, wit hthe single speaker it still produces better sound then the iPhones do thats for sure
    09-22-13 09:45 PM
46 12