Were you promised that the Z30 would have Android apps before you made the purchase? People complain too much.This platform is less than 1yr old; Rome wasn't built in a day.
    Enjoy your Z30 as is or return it and find happiness elsewhere; no need to stress yourself. Life is too short.
    Well said!

Posted via that z10!
    10-03-13 10:15 PM
    Load the unlocked runtime and almost anything will work side loading

Trying anything else is difficult IMO

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 10:22 PM
    Thanks for the posts, and I did write my post when rather frustrated. I'm just using the old method that was posted using the playbook kit, and I'm not sure who you are referring to there, sorry.. perhaps you can point me at the best method, I'm more than happy to accept I may be a bit out of date with trying this..

Seems such a shame that a great device still missing apps, and they have a backdoor but ... its just you know, a huge shame that BlackBerry seem to think its acceptable to make it so bloody hard. Its no wonder they are failing with the wider market..

The BlackBerry team have been telling me at the office for months to just wait for 10.2 and everything will be wonderful, so I've waited and waited and now its here its just more of the same mush.. as soon as we get the SWS stuff working properly, I am going to find it really hard to want to bother keeping any BlackBerry device, and I so wanted to
    Not blackberry, developers not supporting the platform, they are the crazy ones not developing a chance to make money on another platform. Kinda stupid to not cover all basis to make money!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 11:32 PM
    So got the new Z30 today, yeah, very nice, big screen, nice update for 10.2, but as usual missing the apps, and now its supposed to support a load of new Android side loads.. and the only one I really want is Instagram..

Bounce from site to site, trying different versions of the app to sideload, and yet, same ole messages of it not working, not supported.. so lets try and easy one, Candy Crush.. but no, that doesn't work either.

I really cannot believe why its so flippin challenging to get stuff that actually works. Why go to the bother of 'supporting said apps' yet making it so hard to find and get something to actually work.

Getting tired of this
    A few points

1) If a specific application is so important to you, and it's not available on a given platform, and you proceed to buy into that platform regardless - don't complain about how it lacks the application which you knew was lacking before purchase.

2) A quick search of these forums would reveal that with OS 10.2 it's often necessary to load an unlocked android player. This allows you to successfully sideload Instagram, Candy Crush, Snapchat, whatever. Have you tried this?

3) Enjoy the phone. It's amazing.
    stackberry369 and Pilchard like this.
    10-04-13 12:00 AM
    This is where BlackBerry is confused... they thought that making their device bigger, powerful and has longer battery life could change the "perception" and "image" of their devices...

Like making a "Goliath" without a brain is still useless...

Posted via Z10
    10-04-13 12:01 AM
    BlackBerry are damned if they do and dammed if they don't.
    10-04-13 12:13 AM
    This is where BlackBerry is confused... they thought that making their device bigger, powerful and has longer battery life could change the "perception" and "image" of their devices...

Like making a "Goliath" without a brain is still useless...

Posted via Z10
    So what do you think they should do now to get out of this confused state? Just stop making phones and twiddle their thumbs??

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    10-04-13 01:24 AM
    I'm not saying you are a troll, but when you have a troll as your avatar, you'll get comments like that more often
    Isn't that a gnome?
    10-04-13 02:02 AM
    i still think that the lock button has be to position lower, on the side. not all the way at the top.
    software wise we need stability. 10.1 on z10 still feels beta..sometime slow, inconsistent interface and so forth. feels like playbook OS..incomplete, sometime slow, yeah..yeah..
    10-04-13 02:22 AM
    i still think that the lock button has be to position lower, on the side. not all the way at the top.
    software wise we need stability. 10.1 on z10 still feels beta..sometime slow, inconsistent interface and so forth. feels like playbook OS..incomplete, sometime slow, yeah..yeah..
    What??

The lock button on the side no thank you.

You are most definitely by yourself on that one.

Posted via CB10
    LWKING likes this.
    10-04-13 02:29 AM
    better be on the side like xperia phones..really easy to lock unlock. have you tried any xperia phones?
    10-04-13 03:01 AM
    Still no pictures.....not believing until I see pictures....period
    10-04-13 04:36 AM
    You do know BlackBerry does not officially support Android sideloads like Instagram or Candy Crush? How are they supposed to make it easy for someone to essentially "pirate" an Android app? It is different from porting.
    Isn't "pirate " used to describe stealing? I'm not sure if candy crush is a paid app, or instagram? If they are paid apps, then yes, you shouldn't be sideloading them.
    10-04-13 04:49 AM
    Isn't "pirate " used to describe stealing? I'm not sure if candy crush is a paid app, or instagram? If they are paid apps, then yes, you shouldn't be sideloading them.
    I'm was using the term loosely hence the quotes around the word. I don't know how else to easily describe a grey area of retrieving goods from unofficial channels which may include goods / services for sale at the official market. Kind of like satellite TV signals across a continent.

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    10-04-13 07:02 AM
    You're doing it wrong

Posted via CB10
    steve Jobs, is that you?
    10-05-13 12:28 AM
    For all of you who want candy crush : just buy some candy and crush it with your teeth / feet.
    10-05-13 12:30 AM
    OP is a troll.

-aBBuser on 1743.
    10-05-13 12:32 AM
    So...what method did you use to sideload candy crush and instagram? cause i'm pretty sure if you use xsacha's method it will work, or if you like, wait on Igrann the native instagram client coming to bb10?
    He hasn't used the unlocked runtime nor the debug token method

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 02:17 AM
    You should know what you are getting if you choose to use BlackBerry. You only get so much.. Look at it for what it is.. What it does do, it does well! iGrann will soon be out in BB World which is an Instagram App that works natively! Yeah BlackBerry is missing a few apps, but it has most of what we need. It is still a brand new Operating System and has grown so much in the short time it has been out! It's only getting better, but some people aren't willing to wait. Patience.
    toneytone likes this.
    10-05-13 11:56 AM
    10.2 is amazing, but I'm not sure why you thought that it would bring more apps, unless you were simply misinformed.

(And as far as I'm concerned, anyone who hinges their smartphone ownership to an app as ephemeral as Instagram really needs to rethink their priorities.)

Posted via CB10
    Can you expand on what is amazing?
    10-05-13 12:09 PM
    A few points

1) If a specific application is so important to you, and it's not available on a given platform, and you proceed to buy into that platform regardless - don't complain about how it lacks the application which you knew was lacking before purchase.

2) A quick search of these forums would reveal that with OS 10.2 it's often necessary to load an unlocked android player. This allows you to successfully sideload Instagram, Candy Crush, Snapchat, whatever. Have you tried this?

3) Enjoy the phone. It's amazing.
    There is that word again. Expand on what is "amazing" please.
    10-05-13 12:11 PM
    Why does everyone assume that taking something that doesn't have a sale price isn't stealing. If I make garden gnomes and give them to people I choose, but you come on my property and take one without permission that is most certainly theft.
    10-05-13 12:21 PM
    So got the new Z30 today, yeah, very nice, big screen, nice update for 10.2, but as usual missing the apps, and now its supposed to support a load of new Android side loads.. and the only one I really want is Instagram..

Bounce from site to site, trying different versions of the app to sideload, and yet, same ole messages of it not working, not supported..
    Follow the instructions on this thread to install Instagram. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...1047-a-837507/

It's flawless. View and upload pics. AND view, take, edit videos, and upload videos all from within the app.

With how well it works there is no reason for it to not be ported to BlackBerry World. Until then, this methods works perfect.

Z10 STL100-3 | 10.2.0.1767 | Bell via CB10
    10-05-13 12:46 PM
    For all of you who want candy crush : just buy some candy and crush it with your teeth / feet.
    Lol -.-'
    Doesn't get more lifelike than that.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    10-05-13 01:09 PM
    you need the unlocked android runtime (easy, just get the bar files and sideload them) otherwise you'll need to do the debug token method (hard, you need to request some shiet from BB then you gotta edit some other shiet with this shiet and that shiet, better to just run the unlocked runtime) to run apps like instagram
    10-05-13 03:39 PM
59 123