So got the new Z30 today, yeah, very nice, big screen, nice update for 10.2, but as usual missing the apps, and now its supposed to support a load of new Android side loads.. and the only one I really want is Instagram..

Bounce from site to site, trying different versions of the app to sideload, and yet, same ole messages of it not working, not supported.. so lets try and easy one, Candy Crush.. but no, that doesn't work either.

I really cannot believe why its so flippin challenging to get stuff that actually works. Why go to the bother of 'supporting said apps' yet making it so hard to find and get something to actually work.

Getting tired of this
    herculesinwyoming likes this.
    10-03-13 01:39 PM
    I not sure why people think 10.2 will be a miracle. The android player is improved but many apps are going to require the debug method to work. Its not the easiest thing to do I agree. There are still many things like headless apps that are still be worked on. Its progress but its slow and still depends on the devs and such in a big way
    10-03-13 01:46 PM
    So got the new Z30 today, yeah, very nice, big screen, nice update for 10.2, but as usual missing the apps, and now its supposed to support a load of new Android side loads.. and the only one I really want is Instagram..

Bounce from site to site, trying different versions of the app to sideload, and yet, same ole messages of it not working, not supported.. so lets try and easy one, Candy Crush.. but no, that doesn't work either.

I really cannot believe why its so flippin challenging to get stuff that actually works. Why go to the bother of 'supporting said apps' yet making it so hard to find and get something to actually work.

Getting tired of this
    So...what method did you use to sideload candy crush and instagram? cause i'm pretty sure if you use xsacha's method it will work, or if you like, wait on Igrann the native instagram client coming to bb10?
    10-03-13 01:48 PM

Getting tired of this
    Seeing as how you are on CrackBerry and you know what apps are available, and which ones are not this just seems to be a trollish thread.
    There are third party apps in the works, and as a CrackBerry regular you probably new that too, and still decided to post this thread.
    Candy Crush lol its a cool game and hopefully you will not get depressed without it. And I agree it has a lot of looks and good and bad points.
    10-03-13 01:52 PM
    Thanks for the posts, and I did write my post when rather frustrated. I'm just using the old method that was posted using the playbook kit, and I'm not sure who you are referring to there, sorry.. perhaps you can point me at the best method, I'm more than happy to accept I may be a bit out of date with trying this..

Seems such a shame that a great device still missing apps, and they have a backdoor but ... its just you know, a huge shame that BlackBerry seem to think its acceptable to make it so bloody hard. Its no wonder they are failing with the wider market..

The BlackBerry team have been telling me at the office for months to just wait for 10.2 and everything will be wonderful, so I've waited and waited and now its here its just more of the same mush.. as soon as we get the SWS stuff working properly, I am going to find it really hard to want to bother keeping any BlackBerry device, and I so wanted to
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-03-13 01:52 PM
    Seeing as how you are on CrackBerry and you know what apps are available, and which ones are not this just seems to be a trollish thread.
    There are third party apps in the works, and as a CrackBerry regular you probably new that too, and still decided to post this thread.
    Candy Crush lol its a cool game and hopefully you will not get depressed without it. And I agree it has a lot of looks and good and bad points.
    Sorry you think this is a troll thread, if you bothered to read any of my previous posts you may think otherwise, but I really couldn't give a toss what you think.
    richardat, rnhld, amjass12 and 1 others like this.
    10-03-13 01:53 PM
    You do know BlackBerry does not officially support Android sideloads like Instagram or Candy Crush? How are they supposed to make it easy for someone to essentially "pirate" an Android app? It is different from porting.
    stlabrat and stackberry369 like this.
    10-03-13 01:53 PM
    What color is your Z30 and do you have any Pictures.....to SHARE.......SMILE
    michaelxyq likes this.
    10-03-13 01:58 PM
    I hear what you are saying Matt...my daughter has a red Q5 and loves the phone, we have tried sideloading IG but always got errors so gave up. She so wants IG, its all very frustrating to be honest. You can see why BB has not been widely accepted. The more things change the more things stay the same at BB. I was a huge supporter of BB but I am starting to look at other products now. Most folks have already moved on to other platforms. We seem to hold out, not really sure why that is anymore.

Good luck and enjoy your new Z30 mate.
    10-03-13 02:08 PM
    Unlocked android runtime from berry leaks works a treat.

I side loaded the unlocked runtime using ddpb.

Posted via CB10
    Mel25 likes this.
    10-03-13 02:25 PM
    Sorry you think this is a troll thread, if you bothered to read any of my previous posts you may think otherwise, but I really couldn't give a toss what you think.
    I'm not saying you are a troll, but when you have a troll as your avatar, you'll get comments like that more often
    SK122387 likes this.
    10-03-13 02:27 PM
    I hear what you are saying Matt...my daughter has a red Q5 and loves the phone, we have tried sideloading IG but always got errors so gave up. She so wants IG, its all very frustrating to be honest. You can see why BB has not been widely accepted. The more things change the more things stay the same at BB. I was a huge supporter of BB but I am starting to look at other products now. Most folks have already moved on to other platforms. We seem to hold out, not really sure why that is anymore.
    Use flipboard to post comments and browse. To upload pics and videos sideload instagram on 10.2
    Last edited by elite1; 10-03-13 at 04:42 PM. Reason: removed new post from inside quote
    10-03-13 02:27 PM
    10.2 is supposed to make porting apps better not sideloading. Sideloading is not really supposed to be a thing. It helps a lot of people get the apps they want but it is just a stopgap that wasn't meant for consumers. If it makes porting apps better than that is where thinking that 10.2 will help narrow the app gap comes from. It is to help Devs port an app over more easily than they could before. So your frustration stems from a misunderstanding of what 10.2 means to the app situation. The problem is that the development of an app is still in the hands of the developer. BlackBerry just trying to make it easier.
    Thunderbuck and app_Developer like this.
    10-03-13 02:29 PM
    You're doing it wrong

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 02:40 PM
    Missing so much? You mean just apps? That's all you've mentioned.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    SK122387 and daveycrocket like this.
    10-03-13 02:46 PM
    You're doing it wrong

Posted via CB10
    This...I have instagram on my z10 running the newest apk works smooth. I've loaded up candy crush to test and it works just fine on 10.2.

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    10-03-13 03:14 PM
    They could have just slapped on a 10mp camera and public would have been like wow....that's got to be better then an iphone camera...
    10-03-13 03:27 PM
    Easy fix. Load the cracked android player then repeat what you tried.
    I have pet rescue and candy crush running flawlessly, I don't pay so doesn't bother me that in payment is not working.
    10-03-13 03:32 PM
    Were you promised that the Z30 would have Android apps before you made the purchase? People complain too much.This platform is less than 1yr old; Rome wasn't built in a day.
    Enjoy your Z30 as is or return it and find happiness elsewhere; no need to stress yourself. Life is too short.

Thanks for the posts, and I did write my post when rather frustrated. I'm just using the old method that was posted using the playbook kit, and I'm not sure who you are referring to there, sorry.. perhaps you can point me at the best method, I'm more than happy to accept I may be a bit out of date with trying this..

Seems such a shame that a great device still missing apps, and they have a backdoor but ... its just you know, a huge shame that BlackBerry seem to think its acceptable to make it so bloody hard. Its no wonder they are failing with the wider market..

The BlackBerry team have been telling me at the office for months to just wait for 10.2 and everything will be wonderful, so I've waited and waited and now its here its just more of the same mush.. as soon as we get the SWS stuff working properly, I am going to find it really hard to want to bother keeping any BlackBerry device, and I so wanted to
    chopachain and hazarder like this.
    10-03-13 04:01 PM
    I not sure why people think 10.2 will be a miracle. The android player is improved but many apps are going to require the debug method to work. Its not the easiest thing to do I agree. There are still many things like headless apps that are still be worked on. Its progress but its slow and still depends on the devs and such in a big way
    Received input from a BB employee, that the debug token "trick" to have native code running will be blocked on the final 10.2.
    Anyone can confirm this?
    10-03-13 04:15 PM
    I've got Instagram, no problem. Don't know what you're doing.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 04:49 PM
    Received input from a BB employee, that the debug token "trick" to have native code running will be blocked on the final 10.2.
    Anyone can confirm this?
    well anyone with a Z30 can tell you so the OP can post back if it works or not
    10-03-13 05:07 PM
    For those of you still having troubles. Sideload the two Android Runtime files from below link. Then restart your device and Sideload your IG, Candy Crush etc. I've had IG for almost 5 months now so it is possible

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=842651

Posted via CB10
    Mel25 likes this.
    10-03-13 06:47 PM
    Anyone can confirm this?
    If that's the case, I'll stay on the leaks

Posted with my Q10!
    10-03-13 08:51 PM
    10.2 is amazing, but I'm not sure why you thought that it would bring more apps, unless you were simply misinformed.

(And as far as I'm concerned, anyone who hinges their smartphone ownership to an app as ephemeral as Instagram really needs to rethink their priorities.)

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 10:14 PM
59 123