For quite some time, the Comcast Xfinity apps would not work on my Q10, always saying they required Google Services to work properly. I tried loading the apps again this morning and to my surprise, they loaded and played just fine on my Q10. Then I tried outputting to a tv with HDMI and it also worked just fine. Xfinity has been notorious for not permitting screen mirroring of any kind (whether miracast, apple airplay, amazon fire tablet hdmi out or any other method) because they want to force you to have to rent another box for every tv. Somehow this restriction is bypassed by loading the Android Xfinity apps on my BB and they output over hdmi.

Here's my question - has anyone with a Z30 and Xfinity been able to do the same? That is, load the Xfinity TV and Xfinity TV Go apps on your Z30 and watch on your tv via hdmi output? My daughter wants a new phone and she might actually consider a BB if I can put full Xfinity content on her TV. Right now, she's limited to watching on her ipad mini or on our main family room tv.
    12-08-14 10:26 AM
    worked fine for me this am. Just plugged into the tv and up it came. The pauses for the "commercials" are a bit of a pain, but it works.
    kjjb0204 likes this.
    12-08-14 10:36 AM
    worked fine for me this am. Just plugged into the tv and up it came. The pauses for the "commercials" are a bit of a pain, but it works.
    Thanks! Hopefully Comcast doesn't catch on any time soon and close that loophole.... I think I might try to pick up a used Z30 now.
    12-08-14 10:46 AM
    She can just use your Comcast id stuff anywhere, even on vacation where ever she is....
    12-08-14 10:56 AM
    She can just use your Comcast id stuff anywhere, even on vacation where ever she is....
    On the streaming stuff, yes, but not the live TV through Xfinity TV app. Just the Streampix and Xfinity TV Go. I think the Xfinity TV app that gives you full TV just like a normal cable box only works on home wifi network.
    12-08-14 10:59 AM
    I have go TV android app but haven't tried hooking up via HDMI yet. I do notice the sound is off to mouth movement.
    kjjb0204 likes this.
    12-08-14 11:03 AM
    All the Android phones and tablets in my household have had zero issue with using Miracast and Xfinity app. Same with HBO Go. Wish I would have known that those apps could have worked on my Z30 when I had it...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    kjjb0204 likes this.
    12-08-14 10:02 PM
    All the Android phones and tablets in my household have had zero issue with using Miracast and Xfinity app. Same with HBO Go. Wish I would have known that those apps could have worked on my Z30 when I had it...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Depending on how long ago you had it, it might not had worked.
    12-09-14 06:37 AM