I currently have a Z10 and I'm considering picking up the Z30. I have put it in my cart on Shop Blackberry about 10 times and so far i haven't justified purchasing. I do have gorilla hands so the size difference wouldn't be a big issue. I've been cruising both the Z10 and Z30 forums looking for the answer i need to justify upgrading. Those of you that have come from the Z10 to the Z30 is there that much of a difference to justify upgrading. I just got home from work and my Z10 is at 56%, so battery life isn't really a deciding factor either. I guess I'm wondering if the performance of the Z30 is that much better to pay $500 for. I'm on AT&T and I'm on a wifi network for most of the day, so again LTE isn't all that important. What are your thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    06-18-14 06:29 PM
    I posted this previously in a different thread:

I've had both and I'd highly recommend the Z30.

Z30 has 2,880mAh battery vs Z10's 1,800. Plus Z30 has an OLED screen that saves power in general, but especially when portions of screen are black such as with BB10 dark theme.
    I also find the colours more vibrant on Z30.

The dual core processor is about 15% faster, but that difference is noticeable. This and the quad core gpu give much, much smoother graphics if you're watching video or playing games.

Z30's Natural Sound speakers are amazing, even if you only use them once in a while.

The Paratek antenna array of Z30 gives crazy reception. I now get full signal strength 2 floors underground at my office parkade. Before on Z10, I had 0 bars, maybe 1-2 sometimes. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth both have increased range too.

The Z30 is the best BlackBerry they've made to date.

Conclusion: Given lack of confirmation for an all-touch flagship successor (Z50?), if the $500 won't blow the bank, I'd say go for it!
    You could potentially self-subsidize by selling the Z10 afterward.
    00stryder, bungaboy and kthhrrsn like this.
    06-18-14 06:39 PM
    For me, nope. The Z30 has:

• A larger, though lower resolution and much dimmer screen
    • A larger, though non-removable battery
    • A slightly faster processor and GPU
    • Much better speakers

Those upgrades simply aren't worth $500 to me. That is almost as much money as I paid for my Nexus 5 and Nexus 7.

But it is your money, so you need to decided how best to use it on your own.
    06-18-14 06:44 PM
    One word

YES!! ! !

Z10 on Telus
    06-18-14 06:46 PM
    I posted this previously in a different thread:

I've had both and I'd highly recommend the Z30.

Z30 has 2,880mAh battery vs Z10's 1,800. Plus Z30 has an OLED screen that saves power in general, but especially when portions of screen are black such as with BB10 dark theme.
    I also find the colours more vibrant on Z30.

The dual core processor is about 15% faster, but that difference is noticeable. This and the quad core gpu give much, much smoother graphics if you're watching video or playing games.

Z30's Natural Sound speakers are amazing, even if you only use them once in a while.

The Paratek antenna array of Z30 gives crazy reception. I now get full signal strength 2 floors underground at my office parkade. Before on Z10, I had 0 bars, maybe 1-2 sometimes. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth both have increased range too.

The Z30 is the best BlackBerry they've made to date.

Conclusion: Given lack of confirmation for an all-touch flagship successor (Z50?), if the $500 won't blow the bank, I'd say go for it!
    You could potentially self-subsidize by selling the Z10 afterward.
    I'm curious about the coverage with my carrier- at&t. Also, about price when buying from BlackBerry.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    06-18-14 06:47 PM
    That was my upgrade path. The Z10 is a great device and I loved it. The Z30 is INCREDIBLE! Very happy I made the jump.

Posted via CB10 from the AWESOME Z30; because I know!
    Elite1 likes this.
    06-18-14 06:58 PM
    Had the Z10 at lunch day, then got the note 3 and came back to blackberry with the Z30, best decision i ever made

From my Z30 ?
    06-18-14 07:13 PM
    For me, nope. The Z30 has:

• A larger, though lower resolution and much dimmer screen
    • A larger, though non-removable battery
    • A slightly faster processor and GPU
    • Much better speakers

Those upgrades simply aren't worth $500 to me. That is almost as much money as I paid for my Nexus 5 and Nexus 7.

But it is your money, so you need to decided how best to use it on your own.
    Much better gpu and much better battery life.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-18-14 07:17 PM
    listen to ur gut, i am assuming it saying NO
    06-18-14 07:22 PM
    I agree with @Elite1 - the benefits are in the smoothness of the overall experience, influenced by many small upgrades. If you can afford to spend the extra money, the Z30 is a great device.

It's good enough that new devices brought to market by BlackBerry will have to bring something really good to the table, or I won't upgrade. I could be happy with this phone 2, 3, or more years to come.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    06-18-14 07:25 PM
    I'm curious about the coverage with my carrier- at&t. Also, about price when buying from BlackBerry.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    I'm on AT&T using Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175. I seldom get LTE coverage, but it is commonly 4G. The better antenna, GPU, etc., makes for no real noticeable drop in performance, due to little LTE coverage.

It's not supported by AT&T, so things like the contacts backup offered by your carrier won't work. Insurance works fine, since it is third party.

Cost from BlackBerry was $500 when I bought mine.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 07:31 PM
    Last fall probably yes. But we could be seeing new devices in the next 2-3 months I'd probably just wait it out until the next cycle. The Z30 already has been out for like 9 months already.
    06-18-14 07:35 PM
    The thing that concerns me with the new devices is that AT&T has my area on lock for service. You can't beat it. That being said, AT&T chose not to carry the Z30. Who is to say they do anything with the new devices? I will have to wait 9 months again to buy it unlocked from Blackberry.

06-18-14 07:47 PM
    I got the Z10 on release day and upgraded to the Z30 on release day as well.

No regrets at all. Z30 is a far better mobile computing device.

Battery
    Antenna
    Speakers
    Size
    06-18-14 07:54 PM
    I'm just waiting for a Z50 or whatever next full touch flagship be called if no news by November just go for Classic as has a decent screen size and keyboard

Mr A Hanif BlackBerry10
    06-18-14 07:59 PM
    I highly recommend the Z30. It's truly an outstanding phone. You may also want to check Amazon to see what price they are offering the Z30. I purchased mine through Amazon on an upgrade with Verizon for $99 back in December.
    06-18-14 08:11 PM
    You get much more in a Z30 upgrade than what's been mentioned:

- FM antenna - ability to listen to local radio stations without streaming & using data (better sound quality than streams)
    - USB On The Go (USBOTG) support - Let's you read thumb drives, use USB mouse/keyboard, etc., using a small adapter. Awesome feature.
    - WIFI direct - allows 2 compatible devices to connect directly to each other using WIFI without having an existing WIFI network. Cool.
    - Miricast support - allows BlackBerry to connect to HDTV (must also support miricast) and mirror BlackBerry screen on TV. Can be done on Z10 using HDMI cable (which has to be carried around).

The hardware on the Z10 was missing all of the good stuff above, which I found disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque and Sarek1701 like this.
    06-18-14 08:25 PM
    You get much more in a Z30 upgrade than what's been mentioned:

- FM antenna - ability to listen to local radio stations without streaming & using data (better sound quality than streams)
    - USB On The Go (USBOTG) support - Let's you read thumb drives, use USB mouse/keyboard, etc., using a small adapter. Awesome feature.
    - WIFI direct - allows 2 compatible devices to connect directly to each other using WIFI without having an existing WIFI network. Cool.
    - Miricast support - allows BlackBerry to connect to HDTV (must also support miricast) and mirror BlackBerry screen on TV. Can be done on Z10 using HDMI cable (which has to be carried around).

The hardware on the Z10 was missing all of the good stuff above, which I found disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    The screen on the Z30 is quite a bit dimmer than the Z10 and I really don't find it that much faster than the Z10 a little faster, yes but not $500.00 faster. If battery life is not an issue for you I would wait for the next generation Z because there are rumors flying around that all of the current generation BB10 devices are going EOL when 10.4 comes out - who knows if this is true but what if it is? I use both the Z10 & the Z30 on a daily basis and really don't find that much difference in speed but I have to deal with a much dimmer screen although the colors are more saturated on the Z30 - Also, I find the text is quite as crisp as the Z10 screen.
    06-18-14 08:37 PM
    Oops. quoted the wrong message
    06-18-14 08:39 PM
    The screen on the Z30 is quite a bit dimmer than the Z10 and I really don't find it that much faster than the Z10 a little faster, yes but not $500.00 faster. If battery life is not an issue for you I would wait for the next generation Z because there are rumors flying around that all of the current generation BB10 devices are going EOL when 10.4 comes out - who knows if this is true but what if it is? I use both the Z10 & the Z30 on a daily basis and really don't find that much difference in speed but I have to deal with a much dimmer screen although the colors are more saturated on the Z30 - Also, I find the text is quite as crisp as the Z10 screen.
    I'm pretty sure the Z30 runs android apps much faster.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    06-18-14 08:46 PM
    Hmmmm..... Maybe I'll have to wait. No one is coming up with a definitive answer. I do appreciate the feedback and all the responses, but it seems my indecisiveness was on point. I came from an iPhone5. I usually picked up the new iPhone after my 2 yr contract was up. Going from a 3G to a 4 was a leap and then from the 4 to the 5 was an awesome upgrade. I guess i was hoping for a similar upgrade here. Thank you all.

Haruna Babaji Umar likes this.
    06-18-14 08:47 PM
    Its not worth it because the Z30 running Android apps would be WORSE than Android phones running Android apps.
    06-18-14 08:59 PM
    Z30 is hands down the best BB ever. The Z10 doesn't compare to it AT ALL and I loved my Z10. The battery life is incredible. Never got through lunch with my Z10. Z30 lasts all day and then some. USBOTG and Miracast are great to have also. Z30 is just so damn sexy. Even sexier than the dude talking a Nexus 5 or 7. Its a shame BB gave it zero marketing push.
    06-18-14 09:02 PM
    Go for the Z30 upgrade for sure! The spec bump from Z10 to Z30 is nice, but it doesn't begin to tell the story of how much better the BB10 experience flows on the Z30. When I was upgrading from the Z10, I had no idea how good the Z30 is!

Money is a factor for most of us, so check to see if you can't grab a Z30 in new/ flawless condition for about $350. Check the market place on this site and you'll see that deals in that range are happening all the time.

So, the Z30 is just a wonder of a phone. My HTC One (m7) is literally gathering dust on my nightstand. The Z30 is a beast, at least give it a trial, I'd say.

Posted via Z-30 STA 100-5 running 10.3.0.296/.442 hybrid on T-Mobile USA
    06-18-14 10:30 PM
    I did the upgrade. So my answer is YES!
    06-18-14 10:43 PM
61 123