Yes. One of the best for a smartphone.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Agreed.

This phone does awesome with Beats Music.

Promised my fellow Canadian friends that I'd give Blackberry another chance once it fixed the apps issue. Which 10.2.1 has done.

[My one ask for RIM/Blackberry after this is that they add optional Google Services in the next update and a 4.3 runtime (as having a Moto 360 to go with this would be awesome), but that's a tiny thing in comparison with the previous apps gap.]

Beautiful phone, great speaker, and very usable.

It's running a bit hot today and the battery isn't amazing yet, but I've been putting it through lots of updating and installing of stuff, so that's understandable. I now expect it to outdo my iPhone in this area once I've got it set up exactly the way I want it.
    nick13b likes this.
    03-27-14 04:36 PM
    Is the speaker as good as everyone says?
    Even better!
    I was in a cell phone store and noticed that the sales guy was using an HTC ONE. I told to turn on some music as I heard the speakers are really good. He got all excited and said yeah they're amazing and then put some music on. I then put my Z30 on the counter next to his phone and put the music on. He was shocked! He called over the other workers to hear the difference and they couldn't believe it. They then all admitted that while they like their phones, BlackBerry really did a great job on this one.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 08:26 PM
    And now have loaded my iTunes library onto the device (well, my micro SD card) and sideloaded Snap.

The preparing of the phone is now complete, and it works great.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    03-28-14 06:00 PM
    If you swipe with 2 fingers left across keyboard it erases 2 words, and same goes for 3 fingers=3 words.

Robertino BB-Z10
    03-28-14 06:05 PM
    And now have loaded my iTunes library onto the device (well, my micro SD card) and sideloaded Snap.

The preparing of the phone is now complete, and it works great.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    In a week or two, you should post a follow up and let us know how you are liking your Z Compared to iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 06:30 PM
    In a week or two, you should post a follow up and let us know how you are liking your Z Compared to iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    I will, I will!

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 07:26 PM
    Very coincidence here!!!! I was a blackberry user ( my signature down here will tell you ) and I'm using iPhone 5s ( I'm with apple since January 2013) and now I'm waiting a z10. I would like to hear what you have to say using the bb10 has a apple user. By the way: the z10 speaker sound is different from the z10?
    03-28-14 07:39 PM
    Very coincidence here!!!! I was a blackberry user ( my signature down here will tell you ) and I'm using iPhone 5s ( I'm with apple since January 2013) and now I'm waiting a z10. I would like to hear what you have to say using the bb10 has a apple user. By the way: the z10 speaker sound is different from the z10?
    Yes the Z30 contains a much better speaker.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    fabio984 likes this.
    03-28-14 07:48 PM
    When I notice the Z30 running hot I restart the device and it runs cool after restart... Some background process may have gone astray but if I can't be bothered to identify and force close the specific process, restarting fixes it.

It's rare, so it's no big deal to me.
    03-28-14 08:08 PM
    All right, I think I'm getting the hang of it...

Attachment 258820
    Can you tell what app is that?

Posted from my Z30
    03-29-14 03:04 AM
    Hey all.

Longtime iPhone owner here who was intrigued enough by BB10 (owned a Playbook once upon a time) that I decided to get a Z30 for my work phone, now that I've got to keep in touch with clients via cellphone. (Keeping office and personal numbers strictly separate.)

Figured it was a good way to keep up with office email and the like, and I wanted to play with BB10.2.1 with its extended functionality.

Do any of you BB10 veterans have tips for a newbie who is used to iOS?
    I went from a 4S to a Z10 and was amazed. The 5S isn't a huge leap from a 4S and you have gone to Z30 which is a significant step up over Z10 IMO... you will be more amazed.

Welcome to productivity

Sent from my iDontThinkSo

Z10 10.2.1.537
    Avenzuno likes this.
    03-29-14 04:31 AM
    Can you tell what app is that?

Posted from my Z30
    So it's the Android version of Beats Music.

If you're in the USA, you can install it using Snap. If you're elsewhere, you'll need to use the apk downloader site to get it off Google Play, or find someone else's post of it.

It works like a charm.

Sent from my SGP312 using Tapatalk
    kevets likes this.
    03-29-14 07:39 AM
    I use the search at the bottom of the screen as a type of speed dial. The last 20 things you searched for through this search app will be there, so that's 20 people or apps you can have quick access to there. I get to my alarm and my main contacts through here.

*edit: and the most recent thing you've searched will cycle to the number one spot, so you will always have 20 things you actually use.
    Posted via CB10
    tigerinexile likes this.
    03-29-14 08:01 AM
    Early thoughts:

1. It was tougher to adjust to the total integration of all accounts than I expected. My Facebook app synced with all my contacts (which I had added via my Gmail account). I wish there were a way, short of refusing to use the native Facebook app or manually delinking each contact, of preventing this. Still, a minor annoyance. On the other hand, it's the buildup of minor annoyances that drove some away from Blackberry in the first place. That said, am getting used to the way the Hub works, and so what the heck, I can deal. (It's a major attracting feature for the loyalists, and so that's who they cater to.)

2. Wow, that's an amazing battery, once I got the phone all set up. As it was the (possibly unfair) concerns about battery life that scared many people off the Z10, one wonders if things might have turned out differently had the Z30 been released ahead of the Z10. I'll never, ever have a battery issue on an evening out with this phone, which I can't say about my iPhone 5s.

3. I worry slightly about the large size and it being in the same pocket with my keys. I'm dealing with this by adding the flip leather case from Blackberry, which will arrive tomorrow. I expect to be very happy with this, once I'm not worried about keys scratching the screen.

4. No need for a Bluetooth speaker with this phone. Ever. The stereo sound with this phone is that good.

5. For first couple of months am using Wind as a carrier with this phone, till the discount brands from the Big Three have a double data sale. No problems whatsoever with coverage, which was not my experience with a Nexus S on Wind in 2011-12. Is this that coverage has improved so much, or that the antenna on this phone is that much better?

6. Every now and then, the Android player seems to crash. I've only been able to deal with it with a reboot. Is that normal?

7. All things considered, I've been able to install almost everything I wanted -- Beats Music, my old music collection (9 GB on a 32 GB micro SD card), my various mobile-oriented apps (Tapatalk, Kijiji, etc.), my reading apps (Kindle, Kobo), my streaming apps (Netflix, NHL GameCenter), my news apps (the CBC suite, BBC, CNN, TuneIn Radio), and so on. Only missing thing is Google Services.

Could this device be a daily driver, even if I didn't have my iPhone? Yes. Although the loss of Google Maps is a big thing for me. (It just is. And have tried the workarounds to install it mentioned in other threads. Thus far have failed.)

Given the features of 10.2.1, I also think that there is market room for a new Playbook, especially if there were some official installation of a Snap-like front for Google Play, or simply allowing Google Play to be installed openly. (Side-loading Snap worked fine, but it was slightly annoying to get going.) The security of BB10 plus a sandboxed-but-complete access to Android's apps is a very good combination that could sell in large numbers. (Further to that, I look forward to seeing how the Z3 does.)
    03-30-14 05:33 PM
    Can I suggest you open Contacts, swipe down from the top, tap Settings and turn Facebook off.
    I did precisely that. In fact, I deleted all my contacts, and reset the whole thing so that I was starting fresh, and never had my Facebook friends set to be accessed by the contacts app.

It still pulls the data on my Gmail contacts from Facebook, adding old numbers, photos, old employers, etc.

There's no way to stop that data syncing without abandoning the native Facebook app altogether.

It's just one of those things.
    03-30-14 07:07 PM
    But yes, I see how to fix it. Have to manually unlink each contact with other social media accounts from within the Contacts app.

Edit: What it is, is that the Contacts app automatically links ALL social media contacts, even when those social media accounts are turned off in Contacts.

It's probably better this way, given the possible alternatives. (Having to manually link contacts would be more of a pain, if I wanted them linked.)
    Last edited by tigerinexile; 03-30-14 at 07:39 PM.
    03-30-14 07:15 PM
    Two things as an Apple user.

First, the Contacts syncing with Facebook and Twitter was very disconcerting. I now know how to manage that (de-link in an individual contact when the info is bad/confusing, and only have Google contacts enabled in the Contacts app).

Second, the battery life initially is bad when you're setting stuff up. Don't judge the phone by that, but later once you have all your apps installed and configured, and have done a hard reset (battery pull or reboot by holding volume up and down), it gets much better. (If battery life is still not ideal, turn off swipe-to-wake, as the screen is kept in idle mode otherwise.)

Other than that, it's a beautiful phone and a very interesting operating system.
    03-30-14 07:46 PM
    Would you not just disable Facebook for contacts? At the account level.

Not sure I understand the problem.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 09:11 PM
    Would you not just disable Facebook for contacts? At the account level.

Not sure I understand the problem.

Posted via CB10
    Even with Facebook disabled for contacts at the account level in the main "Settings" app for the phone, the information was getting linked.

The only solution was/is to unlink those accounts in each and every contact that was affected. (Or to stop using the BB10 native Facebook app altogether, which I preferred not to do.)
    03-30-14 09:26 PM
    Got Google Maps working now...

(No idea why it didn't work before, whereas now it installed just fine with Snap. Go figure.)
    03-30-14 09:33 PM
    All right, now it's all set up and ready for carrying everywhere, with no fear of the keys in the pocket anymore. The leather flip case was designed for people like me, I think.

Z30 for work; coming from an iPhone 5s-imageuploadedbytapatalk1396299012.136040.jpg

As of last night, I think it finally clicked in how it works and how it feels to use it easily. Cell phones are intuitive products -- either it makes things easier for you or it gets left in a desk drawer somewhere.

(Figuring out how to unlink the Facebook stuff and successfully adding Google Maps probably helped lots, too. )
    kevets likes this.
    03-31-14 03:56 PM
    Do you have the Use cloud services... unchecked in Contacts settings?
    Yes, that's unchecked...

Doesn't matter anymore, being able to unlink gets rid of the problem as far as I am concerned.

Just about every complaint I had has been dealt with or managed, as I got to know the OS better. (Which I suppose the veterans would have predicted...)

Stunning device now.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 04:26 PM
    All right, now it's all set up and ready for carrying everywhere, with no fear of the keys in the pocket anymore. The leather flip case was designed for people like me, I think.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396299012.136040.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	202.2 KB 
ID:	259841

As of last night, I think it finally clicked in how it works and how it feels to use it easily. Cell phones are intuitive products -- either it makes things easier for you or it gets left in a desk drawer somewhere.

(Figuring out how to unlink the Facebook stuff and successfully adding Google Maps probably helped lots, too. )
    Gotta love the BlackBerry logo and leather. That pic says it all. What's the best phone for business? BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10

edit: added quote w/ pic
    Last edited by kevets; 04-02-14 at 01:06 PM.
    tigerinexile likes this.
    03-31-14 09:14 PM
48 12