My father's Z30 STA 100-5... Phone is running the official (and dreaded, now pulled) 10.3.1.2267 update via OTA from Bell. Phone has been working flawlessly since the update. He claims better battery life, and overall seems faster than before. Could be placebo effect, maybe not. He put the phone on the charger last night at 58% battery remaining. Always shuts the phone off to charge. Phone charges normally as it always does. Wakes up this morning to green LED indicating full charge. Takes the phone off the charger and hits the power button. Nothing. No led indicator of any kind, no screen, wont boot, nothing. Tried long pressing the power button, hard reset with vol up+down, no joy. If you plug the phone into the charger the led lights yellow (solid, not flashing) for about 30 seconds then goes out. Same deal if you plug it into a computer except if you leave it for about a minute plugged in with the led off and press the power button you can get the led to come back on solid yellow for 5-10 minutes. Link does not recognise the phone. Tried a few autoloaders with same result. I tried a suggestion in another thread to take the phone apart and disconnect the battery from the mainboard and plug it in to the charger/computer but get the same yellow led and nothing else. Power button, volume key resets wont work when plugged in either. Tried plugging in an hdmi cable, no output. I have a Z30 as well which is working flawlessly on 10.3.1.2072 leak. I went as far as to disassmeble both devices and put his main board on my battery and still get the same results, so that rules out a battery issue in my mind. I don't believe this is the same issue many people are reporting with their Z30's after the 10.3.1 update as their phones boot and you can get output through hdmi where as I cannot. I have seen a few older threads where Q10's were doing this but I didn't see any definite fixes. One person states after leaving the phone for a few weeks it suddenly powered on. Just wondering if any of the guru's out there have seen anything like this and if they have a fix. I am pretty savvy and own quite a few BlackBerry's, so this isn't my first rodeo. I know the basic tricks and have tried most, if not all, of what has been suggested. If the phone is bricked, its bricked. He will buy a new one. That being said, I don't like losing. LOL! Any help would be appreciated.
    03-07-15 01:45 PM
    I sent off an email to Michael Clewley to see what he had to say. I am hoping he could at least tell me what the solid yellow indicator means when I plug the device in. Also wanted to let him know what happened to the phone in case it is (though I am not saying it is) related to the 10.3.1 update. If anyone has any advice to offer it would be appreciated. If I hear anything back from Mr. Clewley I will post it up. Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 06:18 AM
    Good luck getting things working again.
    03-09-15 08:35 AM
    Just to update... after speaking with Mr. Clewley he put me in contact with someone in customer support. We discussed what I had done and the reasons why I didn't contact my carrier first. BlackBerry very graciously came through and offered to repair or swap the device on a one time basis. I have the highest regards for them offering to help us like this. We greatly appreciate BlackBerry stepping up and standing behind their products. I was very open and honest with them about everything I had done and tried on the device and was polite. I didn't go at them guns-a-blazing as I figured I would get nowhere. I also figured we had nothing to lose if they chose not to help us and I wanted them to at least know what had happened to the device just in case it is, and I am not saying it is in any way, related to the 10.3.1.2267 update they released. The phone will be getting shipped out to them today or tomorrow. I will update when i know what the outcome is.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 06:11 AM
    Can you report the reason of the defect and the result? My wife's Z30 got the same symtoms.
    05-01-17 09:41 AM
    Just to update... after speaking with Mr. Clewley he put me in contact with someone in customer support. We discussed what I had done and the reasons why I didn't contact my carrier first. BlackBerry very graciously came through and offered to repair or swap the device on a one time basis. I have the highest regards for them offering to help us like this. We greatly appreciate BlackBerry stepping up and standing behind their products. I was very open and honest with them about everything I had done and tried on the device and was polite. I didn't go at them guns-a-blazing as I figured I would get nowhere. I also figured we had nothing to lose if they chose not to help us and I wanted them to at least know what had happened to the device just in case it is, and I am not saying it is in any way, related to the 10.3.1.2267 update they released. The phone will be getting shipped out to them today or tomorrow. I will update when i know what the outcome is.

Posted via CB10
    I envy the out come.

It is the same result that Passport owners have been hoping for with the "Emergency Calls Only" syndrome.

I wish that BlackBerry would reach out to the Passport owners that have the "Emergency Calls Only" problem.

I do miss my Passport, meanwhile my Z30 which is my daily driver has grown on me.

I really wish they would us like they helped you and your Dad...

Peace.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-17 09:26 AM