my phone has a serious case of envy as it has started to act up only a day or two after dumping it for my new Passport.

It is stuck in a constant reboot/loop that is driving me nuts as it's been 2 days and I have tried everything I could find online.

Basically you plug it in, the led goes RED... it's a long RED maybe 10 seconds long or so, then it goes yellow/greenish for one much shorter blink, then you get the black "blackberry 10" boot screen...then it goes black and starts again with the long red... etc.

I have tried hard resets, long resets, powerful charges, factory chargers, plugging it into my laptop, link restore (won't boot up long enough to "connect" just dings then disconnects, sachesi connections (won't find the device),

I haven't tried any voodoo but might consider it.

the furthest I have gotten is seeing the red battery icon with the thunderbolt thru it before it starts again with the black screen, long red, etc. sequence.

I can't find anything about this sequence online, anywhere... I'm not sure if it's a code for a dead battery or dead hardware.

anything you can help with would be awesome.
    07-14-15 11:04 AM
    Try an autoloader

Via CB10 Runnin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    Mr.Conviviality likes this.
    07-14-15 11:18 AM
    Remove the back cover and make sure it is not impinging on the Power Button.
    07-14-15 01:15 PM
    Remove the back cover and make sure it is not impinging on the Power Button.
    This is not a joke. Do this
    07-14-15 01:38 PM
    have not tried an autoloader yet

the power button is clicky, and it does the same thing with the back cover on or off unfortunately.
    07-14-15 02:12 PM
    have not tried an autoloader yet

the power button is clicky, and it does the same thing with the back cover on or off unfortunately.
    It was well worth a try though. Seen many posts on here where the back cover was the cause of reboots.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.1.2582 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    07-14-15 04:30 PM
    I agree with trying an autoloader.
    07-14-15 04:34 PM
    I've had at least two Z30's with issues just around the power button, where the hole built into the top of the cover was a bit too small, causing the power button to rub on the cover, staying stuck down on one end, after you press it.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    07-14-15 08:49 PM
    thank you for the suggestions and the replies.

here's an update: Unfortunately the autoloader never completely runs or gets past loading up 1% as the phone disconnects and throws the autoloader off.

it always connects to the bootrom or whatever, but never gets past that by 1%.

I'm starting to think that this might not play out very well...
    07-15-15 11:17 PM
    Are you able to return the device where it was initially purchased? If so, try another Brand New Z30. There's a working one out there somewhere for yah.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    07-15-15 11:46 PM
    I've had this for 2 years... return is not an option.
    07-16-15 08:24 AM
    I've had this for 2 years... return is not an option.
    Try SIC wipe and run Autoloader

BlackBerry -Secured to the Core | CB MOD
    07-16-15 08:28 AM
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/l4...ltiwipe_1.3.7z

Run SIC wipe and then run Autoloader

BlackBerry -Secured to the Core | CB MOD
    07-16-15 08:30 AM
    Had the same issue, just use an auto loader

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 08:38 AM
    I had this exact problem several days ago. I resolved the issue by unplugging it from the charger and putting the phone in its case and closing it so the magnet would put the phone in sleep mode. I then removed the phone from it's case and pushed the power button and the phone started up as normal.

I also resolved this same issue on a co-workers phone. They did not have a case so we simply held a magnet over the phone to simulate closing the case, this worked as well.
    07-16-15 08:53 AM
    you might actually be on to something!
    I do recall that I had the phone in the case overnight... which was probably the first time I had done that.

I'll try that as soon as I get home and update!
    07-16-15 09:09 AM
    I had this exact problem several days ago. I resolved the issue by unplugging it from the charger and putting the phone in its case and closing it so the magnet would put the phone in sleep mode. I then removed the phone from it's case and pushed the power button and the phone started up as normal.

I also resolved this same issue on a co-workers phone. They did not have a case so we simply held a magnet over the phone to simulate closing the case, this worked as well.

THIS MAN DESERVES AN AWARD!!

This problem has been solved thanks to your insight.

I found the strongest magnet I could find and ran it over the back a few times.

voila. It woke up.

Autoloader was a really bad idea because everything on the phone was lost...but at least the phone was saved.

thank you!
    FF22 likes this.
    07-19-15 08:56 PM
    Hopefully, this will fully solve your problems. But it is odd that it needed to enter/exit sleep mode with a magnet. I have mine in a case with magnet and have not run into any particular issues. Been 7 months for the Z30 and more than a year with the Z10 in such cases.
    07-19-15 11:56 PM
    I don't mean to piggyback onto this thread and I know it's older, but I'm having a similar issue with my Q5. Seeing the same long red indicator and then a green/yellow short blink. No BB logo, though sometimes it appears when I plug in to my laptop. Further details on the situation here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...op-q5-1058122/.

I've tried autoloader, SIC multiwipe + autoloader, charging overnight, different cables/chargers, charging by USB, uninstalling drivers/reinstalling, etc. Like the OP said, everything short of voodoo!

I'm at a complete loss. I don't have a magnetic case but I'm wondering if it would help?
    02-11-16 06:48 AM
    I don't mean to piggyback onto this thread and I know it's older, but I'm having a similar issue with my Q5. Seeing the same long red indicator and then a green/yellow short blink. No BB logo, though sometimes it appears when I plug in to my laptop. Further details on the situation here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...op-q5-1058122/.

I've tried autoloader, SIC multiwipe + autoloader, charging overnight, different cables/chargers, charging by USB, uninstalling drivers/reinstalling, etc. Like the OP said, everything short of voodoo!

I'm at a complete loss. I don't have a magnetic case but I'm wondering if it would help?
    You don't need a magnetic case. You just need a reasonably strong magnet. I don't know where the "magnet sensor" is located on the Q5. So protect the screen with plastic wrap in case the magnet is not smooth. Now move the magnet over the entire surface (including the keyboard area), left to right, down a bit and right to left. Do so slowly. The screen should go OFF when the magnet gets over the sensor. As moved away it will turn back ON.

Good luck
    02-11-16 09:36 AM
    sounds like you need to find yourself a small strong magnet (think neodymium if you have a craft/hobby store near by) and run it over the area as described above, or at least wherever the OEM holster case has it to stimulate that.

let us know how it goes.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-15-16 01:13 PM
    sounds like you need to find yourself a small strong magnet (think neodymium if you have a craft/hobby store near by) and run it over the area as described above, or at least wherever the OEM holster case has it to stimulate that.

let us know how it goes.
    Just kind of checked - on the SCREEN side, it is pretty dead center. I altered a Gmyle case and added a magnet to put my Z30 to sleep.
    02-15-16 03:23 PM
    Thanks guys. Well, I posted updates here: forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-q5-f398/boot-loop-q5-1058122/. I was able to reinstall 10.3.2 using an autoloader. The Q5 appears to boot and be operational, except there's no display on the screen now. Urgh. I had the back off and didn't remove anything, but am wondering if it was possible that the LCD/display connector became loose?
    02-16-16 09:27 AM
    Hardware fault is always possible. I've not reviewed any Q5 dissection videos so I don't know if it is easy or where the connectors are.

Good luck.
    02-16-16 10:15 AM
    Wow..its a miraculous save..! Hope u enjoy ur phone. : )

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 01:35 PM