I currently have a VZW Z30 where wireless charging works fine, if I upgrade to 10.2.1 using Sachesi will I still be able to use my wireless charger?'

STA 100-3
    03-17-14 03:29 PM
    Yes. Still works great!

Posted via CB10
    Zealeth likes this.
    03-17-14 03:35 PM
    Agreed mine works just fine after the update

Posted via CB10
    Zealeth likes this.
    03-17-14 05:35 PM
    Random question: which wireless charger are you guys using. I'm looking to buy one soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 12:02 AM
    Sorry folks, I think I don't understand, what exactly do you mean with "wireless charger"?
    03-18-14 04:09 AM
    Random question: which wireless charger are you guys using. I'm looking to buy one soon.

Posted via CB10
    I use a couple, both purchased from Amazon and they both work awesome:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00I0H...UvbUpU10131809

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00F6S...UvbUpU10131809

Posted via CB10
    iToya and aboldcurve like this.
    03-18-14 04:18 AM
    Sorry folks, I think I don't understand, what exactly do you mean with "wireless charger"?
    Charging. Wirelessly.
    03-18-14 07:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    I use TYLT charger:
    TYLT • VU • Wireless Charger

The device that is going to be charged has to have a inductive charging coil and system either built in (like the Verizon brand Z30) or has an adapter.
    The charger has inductive charging coils and a sensor to detect when a useable device is near it.
    Once the sensor detects and the charger and device coils are lined up, the charger produces magnetism from electricity in its coils, that causes the device's coils to receive the magnetism and convert it back to electricity, which charges the battery in the device.
    See:
    Inductive charging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Qi (inductive power standard) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wireless charging is great for phones or other devices that require daily charging, but have small and easy to break charge ports.
    You simply set the device on the wireless charger and that is all, no plugs or leads to get tangled, bent, or broken on either the charger or device.

NOTE: Only the Verizon brand Z30 ,hardware version STA100-3, phone has built in QI Wireless Charging, other versions of the Z30 do not and would require an adapter.
    03-18-14 08:26 AM
    I have 2 Nokia DT-900 units, one at work, and one on the nightstand. Has a little rubber ring to grip the phone, no sliding off. Work great, 20 bucks each at Amyzon. The only "thing" is that the charger and cord are black, and the "wallwart" is , er, ahem, "Apple White".......Go figure.......

c
    03-18-14 08:31 AM
    The device that is going to be charged has to have a inductive charging coil and system either built in (like the Verizon brand Z30) or has an adapter.
    The charger has inductive charging coils and a sensor to detect when a useable device is near it.
    Ahhh, thanks a lot for explaining. Never thought that a Z30 (or any phone) could be charged by inductive principle. Never heard of this.

I would be interested in charging with a solar panel. That's why I ask. Sometimes I am in the mountains, no power for four or five days but a lot of sun all the day. But this is an entire other topic ...
    03-18-14 09:28 AM
    Ahhh, thanks a lot for explaining. Never thought that a Z30 (or any phone) could be charged by inductive principle. Never heard of this.

I would be interested in charging with a solar panel. That's why I ask. Sometimes I am in the mountains, no power for four or five days but a lot of sun all the day. But this is an entire other topic ...
    Many late model smart phones and devices have built in QI wireless capability.
    Add to this the variety of adapters and you pretty much can cover every portable device made.

For your mountain trips, I would suggest a combo of solar and external battery.
    For example, I use this as an external battery / device charger:
    iWALK Extreme 10000mAh Duo Universal Backup Battery | BlackBerry Backup Batteries | ShopCrackBerry
    It's nice because you can power/charge two devices and use it as a flash light.
    Combo with something like:
    Solar Charger, Solar Backpack, Solar Laptop Charger
    And you would have a very nice charge source.
    Then just couple those with a USB powered QI wireless charger to be completely "green".

NOTE: You will need a QI wireless charger that is powered via a USB cable, as ones like the TYLT I use are AC adapter powered.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    03-18-14 09:47 AM
    The Tylt Vu is nice. Like previously stated, it is AC powered, not USB. I bought two of them (one black, one lime green). Pictured below.
    Z30 wireless charging question-img_00000106_edit.jpg

If you knew what I knew, you'd be typing on a BlackBerry Z30!
    iToya likes this.
    03-18-14 10:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    Using the Nexus one you can buy from the Play Store. Works perfectly
    03-19-14 03:23 PM
    i have both a Samsung Note II Wireless Charger at Home and one from Nokia at work and they both work well with the Z30
    03-20-14 11:23 AM
    Is this available on all models? Or just a Verizon exclusive?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 03:31 PM
    Only Verizon
    03-20-14 03:57 PM
    Is this available on all models? Or just a Verizon exclusive?

Posted via CB10
    I bought a wireless charging adapter for my -5 model and it's working great! I have it tucked behind my otterbox case

White Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925 = heaven.
    03-20-14 07:28 PM
    ^ can we see what your backing looks like?
    03-20-14 08:13 PM
    I use this one -
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00H9B...UvbUpU10143633

Z30 wireless charging question-61dbokfqdel._sx600_.jpg
    Z30 wireless charging question-61hgsgcblyl._sx600_.jpg

Posted via CB10
    eninrebmun likes this.
    03-20-14 08:27 PM
    i wonder if it will work with the Touchstone Charger for the HP Touchpad.
    and why just the verizon version? that kinda sucks.
    03-20-14 09:44 PM
    i wonder if it will work with the Touchstone Charger for the HP Touchpad.
    and why just the verizon version? that kinda sucks.

If those devices are rated "QI" inductive power standard, then any QI charger should work.
    As for the Verizon Z30 with QI, it's a Verizon thing. They have done the same thing with some other devices, having those devices produced with built in wireless charging when the same device from another carrier wont have it built in.
    So it's not BlackBerry being picky, it's Verizon wanting to offer more bells and whistles.
    03-21-14 05:02 AM
    Got DROID wireless charger from VZN store even before my Z30 by mail. Been working fine, even thru Einzige folding case. DROID charger is flat and sensitive to exact placement of my ZED on it. A neat pulsing red lite appears when everything is working right. With recent push out of 2.1.2126 by VZN, getting to 100% battery charger is dicey after like 8 hours. Am wondering if VZN is horsing around trying to optimize charging process over like a week of use. Just saying... Doc Neutron
    03-24-14 05:02 PM
    Got DROID wireless charger from VZN store even before my Z30 by mail. Been working fine, even thru Einzige folding case. DROID charger is flat and sensitive to exact placement of my ZED on it. A neat pulsing red lite appears when everything is working right. With recent push out of 2.1.2126 by VZN, getting to 100% battery charger is dicey after like 8 hours. Am wondering if VZN is horsing around trying to optimize charging process over like a week of use. Just saying... Doc Neutron
    If it's picky about placement, it could be that the true "sweet spot" is small and as such you might not be getting the best sync and strongest "signal" for charge.
    What amp rating is that charger, BTW?
    OR
    If the phone is using power at a bit under the power it is receiving from the charger, then your charge time will be long. Try rebooting the phone before putting it on charge to make sure there are no parasitic apps stuck on the background.
    03-24-14 07:02 PM
    Sucks that only the Verizon variant has wireless charging....so wish mine had it too....
    03-25-14 01:36 AM
    I use this one -
    I have the exact same one. I love it, but I've never actually had to use the battery in portable mode to recharge my Z30. But my GF's Samsung Galaxy? Yea... it needs a lot of power.

edit: Amazon.com: [2-in-1] RAVPower� Qi-Enabled Wireless Charger / 4800mAh External Battery Pack Charger (White, Free AC Adapter Included, 5V / 1.5A Input, Powered by AC Adapter or USB Port), for Nexus 5 / 7 / 4; Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, Note3, Note2; Droid is what I have. I looked at yours, and it looked the same. ;-)
    03-25-14 02:18 PM
26 12