Thorstien h said they aren't himself.

lackBerrys, the mobile devices favored by government agencies worldwide, are not manufactured in China because that would compromise their much-vaunted security advantage, according to the CEO of Research in Motion (RIM), which makes them.

?Very frankly, that is why we are not building or manufacturing in China, as many of our competitors do, to really protect our [software] code and make sure the [intellectual property] of RIM is protected,? said Thorsten Heins, president and CEO of RIM at the company?s annual shareholder meeting in Waterloo, Ontario.

His comments Tuesday are the latest to highlight growing concern in the United States and elsewhere about the security of the globalized electronics supply chain, and especially about possible back doors or Trojan horses in Chinese-made mobile phones or
    telecommunications components.

BlackBerry eschews China for security reasons - Washington Times

Posted via CB10
    And he's never lied.
    07-22-13 01:33 AM
    Motorola/Google will be releasing the X next week. By the specs leaked so far it has more horses under the hood than the A10 in nearly every way. Reviewers are calling it a "decent mid-tier device". Who wants to take a bet as to which phone is more expensive too?
    bekkay likes this.
    07-22-13 04:11 AM
    Hmm im flip flopping with this.It will sell as small tablets under 10 inch are dead 5inch phones kill them.So yeah probably alot of Playbook users will buy.The camera needs a boost though.

The quadcore gpu is of interest.Oleds are dark,blue tints and rubbish imo.But that quad gpu might be able to force a near LCD brightness.The whites look good based on that video.The screen was unhealthy radiant.
    07-22-13 04:33 AM
    Stop moving the goal post - noone said China, we said OEMs like Foxconn make EVERYTHING including BB devices.
    You displayed some loudmouthed disbelief then you got served, right back..

...so you either cannot even read - I specifically mentioned Hungary, Mexico as classic international OEM operational centers for Europe and US, respectively - or you just cannot admit when you were dead wrong... take your pick.

Sent from my LT30p using CB Forums mobile app
    Lol do you want a medal or something? You still haven't provided 100% proof that Foxconn manufacturers bb10 devices.

You can insult me and question my intelligence all you want, it actually saying more about you then me. Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 02:49 PM
    Lol do you want a medal or something? You still haven't provided 100% proof that Foxconn manufacturers bb10 devices.

You can insult me and question my intelligence all you want, it actually saying more about you then me. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Jesus, pal, just read it and remain silent, FFS:

Foxconn International Holdings Ltd. (2038), a contract maker of phones for Nokia Oyj (NOK1V) and BlackBerry, said it may post a profit in the first half and is stepping up transactions with its parent.
    Source: Foxconn Forecasts Possible First-Half Profit - Bloomberg

Embarrased enough yet?

kevinnugent and CrackedBarry like this.
    07-22-13 03:30 PM
    Jesus, pal, just read it and remain silent, FFS:

Source: Foxconn Forecasts Possible First-Half Profit - Bloomberg

Embarrased enough yet?

Embarrassed* lol

And no I have know reason to be embarrassed, as I have learned something new today an am quite happy for that, thank you.

The fact that proving someone wrong on the Internet seems to have brought such joy to your life/ego, only leaves me feeling bad for you.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by SDTRMG; 07-23-13 at 09:10 AM.
    07-22-13 07:29 PM
    Big phones look stupid against someone's head:

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7c677e0d.jpg
    I'm sorry, but that's one of the coolest photos of a person with a huge phone you could possibly find. I'm pretty sure I used to want to be that guy (phone and all).

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    07-22-13 10:07 PM
    I had one of those. It was cool at the time. The phone I had before that came with a shoulder bag to carry the friggin battery in. It weighed about 10lbs from memory.
    07-22-13 11:54 PM
    I had one of those. It was cool at the time. The phone I had before that came with a shoulder bag to carry the friggin battery in. It weighed about 10lbs from memory.
    Back in the day when portable computers were basically PCs with handles and a pop out keyboard with intergrated orange CRT screens
    07-23-13 03:58 AM
    Embarrassed* lol

And no I have know reason to be embarrassed, as I have learned something new today an am quite happy for that, thank you.

The fact that proving someone wrong on the Internet seems to have brought such joy to you life/ego, only leaves me feeling bad for you.

Posted via CB10
    your*

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    07-23-13 04:52 AM
    your*

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    Thanks. My finger happen to miss the letter, not a spelling mistake.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 09:10 AM
    Thanks. My finger happen to miss the letter, not a spelling mistake.

Posted via CB10
    Haha, I know.

I just found it ironic

07-23-13 10:54 AM
    I had this Ericsson "mobile" phone back in 1992-1993: The Z30 WILL sell!-ericsson-hotline-nmt-450-1129763_l_e6951e63ba842017.jpg
    3_M4N and bekkay like this.
    07-25-13 12:59 AM
    I had this Ericsson "mobile" phone back in 1992-1993: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ericsson-hotline-nmt-450-1129763_l_e6951e63ba842017.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	126.3 KB 
ID:	185789
    That looks familiar. I had a leather shoulder strap bag for it. I think I paid around $4k at the time too!
    07-25-13 01:22 AM
    That looks familiar. I had a leather shoulder strap bag for it. I think I paid around $4k at the time too!
    Wow. And people complain that BB10 phones are expensive. Lol!

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    07-28-13 06:57 PM
    I hope that you are right, I plan to buy one.
    CrackedBarry likes this.
    08-12-13 12:33 AM
    Lmao!! Would you ever get over the PB fiasco? Its about time to "keep moving".
    Stop telling lies. If bb10 could run on 1gb than the pb and the dev alphas would be supported. Earlier versions of bb10 were tested on dev alphas and playbooks, but 2gb is the minimum needed to run bb10.

Only just released it's first minor update? So the upgrades pbos1 >2 >2.1 then changing to >bb10 >10.1 never happened? Uh.. bb10 was supposed to be the second major upgrade for the playbook, and it was not delivered. 1gb is not the minimum, 1gb is unsupported. The bare minimum required for bb10 is 2gb ram. 7 major upgrades from apple? And most of their old devices are still supported on the latest software!

"2gb is sufficient right now.", isn't that what they said about 1gb playbooks?
    Hurting over my playbook? Nah, I just don't like being lied to repeatedly then expected to believe /trust them, when their actions show that they have learned /changed nothing and they actually plan to release devices with short lifespans to force people to upgrade. 16gb internal storage for example, 8mp camera and 2gb of ram.. the z limped out of the gate with those specs 10 months earlier.

16gb isn't enough right now, what makes you think it will be enough come Christmas? I don't have any problems with the 8mp camera. But I do run low on ram and have run out of space on the phone because of apps. Aka, I had to stop buying app as because I had no more spacd!
    08-15-13 02:35 PM
    It'll sell a few thousand devices to BlackBerry fans but that's about it.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 07:35 AM
    Now that we have more pictures and videos of the Z30 in action, I think it looks fantastic. The phone looks much better than the Z10 imo and it'll be here soon enough. I'm crossing my fingers for some cool, exciting non-traditional BlackBerry ads for the Z30 and a reasonable price so I don't look like a fool for making this thread! .

I still think this has the potential to be the best release yet. The OS is looking good. The Z30 supports wireless charging. The updated Android runtime will improve the performance and selection of workable Android apps on the Z30. I think this feature appeals more to the tech savvy Android crowd. The Apple crowd just wants something that will work without any extra effort on their part.

**I've got a question for anybody that might know. Is it possible for the Z30 to run Android apps better than the Android flagships after the 10.2 update? I've heard people talk about it but i'm not sure if its true. If it is, that right there could be the first tangible reason to get the Z30 over any Android phone. After all that's the question it always boils down to, right? If the Z30 can out-Android, Android I think we have a winner on our hands.
    08-16-13 09:02 AM
    If as many people claim they will buy the z30 is as high as the number who claimed they will buy the z10 then bbry might be in deeper trouble.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 09:36 AM
    I prefer the look of the Z10. The improved specs of the Z30 are nice, but there are unlikely to be any demanding apps to use that new power. App developers also tend to not build for the latest and greatest, to make sure they don't strangle potential sales to the many people using older devices who don't upgrade-- gotta keep your software running on as many phones as possible!

For such reasons I don't think there is much incentive to upgrade and probably nothing new here to attract new customers, whom aren't concerned about more RAM and a bigger screen, but would probably prefer to see a better app store-- or be reminded Blackberry is an option in the first place.
    08-16-13 10:02 AM
    I will definitely buy!
    Led screen, 5" this is what I need!

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    08-16-13 01:40 PM
    It'll sell a few thousand devices to BlackBerry fans but that's about it.

Posted via CB10
    I would be willing to bet more than a few thousand will sell.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 01:45 PM
    Higher priced than the z10 with nominal upgrades. The z10 was a flop. I don't see why this would happen.

Posted via CB10
    kevinnugent likes this.
    08-16-13 05:18 PM
    **I've got a question for anybody that might know. Is it possible for the Z30 to run Android apps better than the Android flagships after the 10.2 update? I've heard people talk about it but i'm not sure if its true. If it is, that right there could be the first tangible reason to get the Z30 over any Android phone. After all that's the question it always boils down to, right? If the Z30 can out-Android, Android I think we have a winner on our hands.
    No question running Android apps is super smooth, but you're still not going to beat native Android. Primarily based on the fact that not all Android apps run. That said, for the ones that do, while native might still have the edge, there's no question that they run far better than on 10.1 (and it kicks my Z10). Running Instagram (with full video support) is like butter - performance easily equals my wife's S4.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 11:37 PM
167 ... 4567