If you are going to wait for the "next big thing" you will never buy a phone.... There is always a new one on the horizon.. .
    Bravo. I tell this to people all the time, and not only about cell phones; it applies to cars, electronics, computers, etc.
    04-05-14 08:27 PM
    Don't wait, just buy it and you won't regret it and besides what if BlackBerry doesn't make another touch device?

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 09:12 PM
    I'm on the fence too. I love my Z10. I can't decide of the Z30 is a significant upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 09:27 PM
    I lucked out. Broke my Z10 but I have device protection. Called for a replacement which will arrive Monday.

Problem was they didn't have a Z10 to replace it with but before I could decide what to yell at the guy he informmed me that they would have to ship me a Z30 instead. I don't owe much on my contract so if the elusive Z50 ever appears I can still afford trade up.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-05-14 09:33 PM
    I'm waiting, but only for it to come down in price. Once I can find one for $350 or less, then I will make the jump, but for now I enjoy my Z10 and play with the Z30 anytime I see a working model in store.
    04-06-14 12:44 AM
    I am an iPhone user who is thinking of shifting to Blackberry for a while, I am not app hungry and my needs are mostly business related, I have always been on the Apple ecosystem, could you please suggest whether this transition would be easy given my needs are work related mostly and whether Z30 remains a worthy purchase presently ? I would not get carrier subsidized devices in my region, Thank you !
    04-06-14 04:37 AM
    Though it's so difficult but I will wait for the next flagship all touch screen device as long as it will be delivered during this year. I hope the rumour about this Z50 is true

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 04:54 AM
    Unwrapping yourself from Apple's embrace is made difficult by Apple but with patience and a little effort, it can me done. Once you've spent a week or two with the Z30, I believe you will understand escaping Apple's walled garden was worth it.

There is one thing to be aware of; If someone still using an iPhone sends you a text to the Z30, you may not get it. There is a simple fix for this having to do with unregistering your phone number from Apple.

There is a device switch app you can get to help move your content from the iPhone to the Z30.

There are various instruction posts about getting calendar, contacts and email from the Apple cloud.

The process is not hard and it is very much worth it. But, there are some steps to be taken.

Posted using my Peerless BlackBerry Z30
    I made the swap and the texting thing was a big pain in the ****.... But someone on this forum told me what to do and then it was fine.. As a business tool, I love the Z30 better...much better....

Downside for me is that my entire family and home is on Apple......We have a iMac , 4 MacBook Airs, 6 iPads (yes, the kids have two each, one issued by school and the other I bought). 4 iPhone 5's, and an Apple TV.......The entire family iMessages each other and I can't be part of it... and I suggested BBM and they laughed....It's an Apple world and I am just trying to stay in touch with my family.....

So, I returned to Apple for my personal phone and the Z30 for business....I was hoping for just one phone but that isn't happening in my world....... Being away from Apple is hard... very hard......If that isn't a problem for you, than the Z30 is the way to go
    04-06-14 07:45 AM
    "The z50 will be the device to attract new customers. It's going to be 64-Bit Octa-Core or dual core. 4GB memory, 32GB HD, 1080p Super AMOLED display @ 5.2" with high ppi. 13 megapixel camera running 10.3 and sporting a 3000mah battery".
    Well if that IS true, that would be a real disappointment. With only 100 mAh more then the Z30, this 'beast' would be a lot quicker out of battery then the Z30. A 1080p screen eats the battery. So I really hope the Z50 would have a bigger battery as well.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    04-06-14 07:58 AM
    Take it take it take it!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 08:01 AM
    Well if that IS true, that would be a real disappointment. With only 100 mAh more then the Z30, this 'beast' would be a lot quicker out of battery then the Z30. A 1080p screen eats the battery. So I really hope the Z50 would have a bigger battery as well.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, that battery life an ANY upcoming BB better be better than the Z30..... Battery life is paramount to many business users
    04-06-14 08:10 AM
    I was going to wait, then didn't, now I'm glad I didn't. Love my Z30. The battery on this thing has some sort of voodoo thing going on....its that good

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    04-06-14 09:20 AM
    I made the swap and the texting thing was a big pain in the ****.... But someone on this forum told me what to do and then it was fine.. As a business tool, I love the Z30 better...much better....

Downside for me is that my entire family and home is on Apple......We have a iMac , 4 MacBook Airs, 6 iPads (yes, the kids have two each, one issued by school and the other I bought). 4 iPhone 5's, and an Apple TV.......The entire family iMessages each other and I can't be part of it... and I suggested BBM and they laughed....It's an Apple world and I am just trying to stay in touch with my family.....

So, I returned to Apple for my personal phone and the Z30 for business....I was hoping for just one phone but that isn't happening in my world....... Being away from Apple is hard... very hard......If that isn't a problem for you, than the Z30 is the way to go
    non sense make them all load it and call it the daddy app.
    04-06-14 09:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree with you but these are rumored specs for now. Who knows the battery might be a lot bigger to compensate for the screen. I think if they did bring this phone to market they would want to have battery life equal to that of the z30 or better.

Posted by my awesome Z10
    04-06-14 03:10 PM
    .... No point in waiting for a Z50 because who knows if that will ever release. And if it does, I'm sure it will be at least another 8 to 12 months away since Chen is focusing on qwerty.
    ... and besides what if BlackBerry doesn't make another touch device?
    Interesting point. BBRY may indeed never produce another flagship all touchscreen phone. If that is the case, though, instead of adding greater justification for buying a Z30 now, wouldn't it support the decision to wait for awhile more to purchase the Z30?

What would a cancelling of the Z50 do to the market value of a Z30? I think the value would be reduced, as the Z30 model would be the last in a line. Who wants to buy the last model in a line? Who wants to support the last model in a line?
    Market value of the Z30 in U.S. Is now $500. Built into that amount is a reasonable amount of expected support for the model. Also expected is a predictable level of viability of BBRY itself.

An orphaned line and a company whose revenues are sliding significantly (-64% from Q413 to Q414) would seem to put downward pressure on the $500 price point. And BBRY recognized revenue on only 1.3 million phones in Q4, down from 1.9 million in Q3. They need to sell current phones in Q1--Z10 and Z30 phones. Price is going to have to come down. BBRY now knows the sales for the first month of Q1. And this data must be used to adjust forecast sales for the balance of the quarter. If the adjusted forecast doesn't meet goals, BBRY has to do something. Too late for marketing gimmicks. All they have left is price...

I'm thinking it's a good time to wait if one can. I see a significant price reduction (to $400?) by May 1. Certainly by June 1.

I'd hate to buy at $500 and see it go down by 20-30% within a few weeks.
    Last edited by LonelyTylenoL; 04-06-14 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Finish
    04-06-14 06:39 PM
    I love my Z30. I had the Torch 2, which was a great device, but I found myself wanting to read and edit docs, read news and books, and surf the Web, particularly while commuting. I was also afraid BlackBerry would disappear, so in December 2013 I upgraded to the Z30. It is a great device! It has a big virtual keyboard with predictive text, great HUB, four speakers, HDMI and USB ports, 5" AMOLED screen for low drain, and a big battery that will last two days with moderate use. I also thought about waiting for the Z50, but now it seems it may not be produced. It's a very hard decision. You could always wait a few months to see if there's any more news from BlackBerry if you are still unsure. I think there will be some Z30's around for a while. I do hope the Z50 appears..... I may just buy it too!

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 06:46 PM
    I was going to wait, then didn't, now I'm glad I didn't. Love my Z30. The battery on this thing has some sort of voodoo thing going on....its that good

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    I'm waiting for my Z30 to be delivered. Everyone says the battery is amazing. But I'm wondering how exaggerated that is. I kill my Q10 in way less then a day. Is the Z30 actually that good? I want a phone that I can abuse all day and still last until I can plug it in at night.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 08:41 PM
    I got a good deal on a used one to replace my Galaxy S2. I was going to wait for the z50 but I needed something new. Very happy so far...

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 10:36 PM
    I decided to upgrade my Z10 to a Z30 last week. Fantastic decision! Using without a case and it feels luxurious all over. Play with a demo unit like a did at my local VZ store. They don't stock them, by the way, and the rep didn't even know that until he did some checking. The super black of the screen is something luxurious in and of itself. Colors really pop on the screen although whites aren't as bright as LED as I see it. Swiping is buttery smooth on this device. I like having Miracast and an FM tuner. Streamed some iHeart Radio the other day and this thing can crank out some surprisingly good sound. Love having an extra row of icons including inside of folders.
    Z30 or wait?-img_20140406_235937.png

I agree with others that sometimes you just need to upgrade and enjoy the latest goodness now instead of hoping, praying, and settling in the meantime.

By the way, it was the daddoes review that encouraged me to upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 11:04 PM
    I went for it and didn't look back. There isn't a concrete time frame for any better all touch BlackBerry right now. Wouldn't know what I'd have been waiting for.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 11:51 PM
    I too was hesitant to get the Z30 after using the Z10. The Z10 was such a good device. BUT... dog chewed up wife's phone, so by default I got to upgrade . I probably wouldn't have upgraded if not for that, but I'm very happy I did.

Like most others have stated, the Z30 is a complete device. It has a few more features than other BB10 devices, and a lot of the same features that other platforms are praised for (just not advertised as well with BB).

If I were you, I definitely wouldn't wait. You will be extremely happy with the 30 for a long time.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 12:52 AM
    I think I will wait for phone with this little touchpad in the middle. Now I'm on z10 and it's superb. But i miss real keypad.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 02:10 AM
    Thank you very much , cheers !
    04-07-14 03:07 AM
    I love my Z30. I would say the battery lasts for two days with light to moderate use, and 12 full hours with heavy use, including watching TV and videos, making calls, and a lot of messaging. I find the Z30 was well-designed and conceived since it has a big bright AMOLED screen which isn't too big a drain on the large battery, has a great virtual keyboard with predictive text and auto-correct correction in multiple languages, it has the BlackBerry Hub, four speakers, Paratek antenna, FM radio, sound-baffling mics, and a solid build. I've been impressed with it.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 10:38 AM
    I'm getting one in two days.

I need something one a multiday hike. I'm guessing it'll do me well.
    04-15-14 10:20 PM
55 123