I posted this comment on Adam's article.

The Note 3 weights 168 grams and has a 3200 mAh battery and 5.7" screen. The Z30 weights 170 grams, 2880 mAh battery and 5.0" screen.

This begs the question: What is actually inside the Note 3. It would seem to me that the Note 3/S4 are devices that are not built to last. Cheaper battery, cheap cases, cheap sound quality etc.

When you hold a Z30 or Q10 it feels like a well designed/solidly built mobile ("A True BlackBerry"), it feels durable to me and I like that! Do people really care about quality anymore? We live in a throw away environment with contracts that only last 1-2 years at which point you get the latest and greatest!

People say the Z30 is expensive compared to the other vendor products mentioned. That maybe so but based on what...specs....?? I am not dazzled by spec's, there is more to a mobile than just the spec IMO.
    mk2234 likes this.
    11-29-13 03:05 PM
    Looks like samsung themselves care.

http://http://www.phonearena.com/new...-first_id46867
    MERCDROID likes this.
    11-29-13 03:14 PM
    Personally just got me the note 3. It is well built, so, not quite sure how you came to that conclusion. Also, am finding it is easy to use "migrated" all my bb10 to it.

Battery seems to last longer too than the 10. Still learning though. I wanted a z30 but it has taken so long and no signs of it here.
    11-29-13 03:16 PM
    Personally just got me the note 3. It is well built, so, not quite sure how you came to that conclusion. Also, am finding it is easy to use "migrated" all my bb10 to it.

Battery seems to last longer too than the 10. Still learning though. I wanted a z30 but it has taken so long and no signs of it here.
    I am glad you like your new Note 3, enjoy
    11-29-13 03:24 PM

My Note 3 does not last nearly as long as my z30. But I agree that build quality is very good for note 3, as it is with the z30

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 03:33 PM
    My Note 3 does not last nearly as long as my z30. But I agree that build quality is very good for note 3, as it is with the z30

Posted via CB10
    I will get one hopefully next year too much money spent already lol
    11-29-13 03:43 PM
    Looks like samsung themselves care.

http://http://www.phonearena.com/new...-first_id46867
    Ahhh but the question remains.. how thick is the tin foil...:-)

Posted via CB10
    MERCDROID likes this.
    11-29-13 04:11 PM
    Why do you assume samsung uses battery and case material? there are other ways to save weight besides battery and such.
    11-29-13 04:25 PM
    Why do you assume samsung uses battery and case material? there are other ways to save weight besides battery and such.
    Clearly the battery would be the heaviest component. I am in the power/electrical business so know all about this weight savings game! Less weight typically means cheap components especially in the mobile phones

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 04:51 PM
    Clearly the battery would be the heaviest component. I am in the power/electrical business so know all about this weight savings game! Less weight typically means cheap components especially in the mobile phones

Posted via CB10
    i agree they had to cut somewhere but you specifically mentioned battery. Which is why i asked.
    11-29-13 04:53 PM
    People want to have a house wired with copper or aluminum??? Folks only look skin deep these days. Most are oblivious unfortunately :-(

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 04:55 PM
    Note 3 battery is 54 grams. Anybody know the weight of the Z30 battery?

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 05:18 PM

The Note 3 weights 168 grams and has a 3200 mAh battery and 5.7" screen. The Z30 weights 170 grams, 2880 mAh battery and 5.0" screen.

This begs the question: What is actually inside the Note 3. It would seem to me that the Note 3/S4 are devices that are not built to last. Cheaper battery, cheap cases, cheap sound quality etc.

When you hold a Z30 or Q10 it feels like a well designed/solidly built mobile ("A True BlackBerry"), it feels durable to me and I like that! Do people really care about quality anymore? We live in a throw away environment with contracts that only last 1-2 years at which point you get the latest and greatest!

People say the Z30 is expensive compared to the other vendor products mentioned. That maybe so but based on what...specs....?? I am not dazzled by spec's, there is more to a mobile than just the spec IMO.
    The screen quality of the Z30 is a joke compared to any other smartphones let alone the Note 3 which has an amazing screen
    11-29-13 05:45 PM

Yes.
    11-29-13 05:51 PM
    The screen quality of the Z30 is a joke compared to any other smartphones let alone the Note 3 which has an amazing screen
    Your totally right; it's absolutely rubbish! Worst ever....."In The World"

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bigbadben10; 11-29-13 at 06:12 PM.
    Davidro1 likes this.
    11-29-13 05:55 PM
    Interesting. I find the screen to be quite enjoyable. I even looked at the note 3 and really couldn't tell huge differences but then again I am comparing with vision not spec sheets

Posted via my Z30
    Davidro1 likes this.
    11-29-13 06:36 PM
    I think the screen is awesome, and if every other phone had the same resolution as well, people would just shut the F!@# up and love it, but because it is BB, it is slandered. Just ignore the hate and if you enjoy the screen, do so, if you don't like it, you were the one putting out the cash for it in the first place.

Certain people just love coming on here and slamming everything BB, no matter what. We need to start slamming the phones that they are using.

I know everyone is entitled to voice their opinion, but some of these people say nothing but negative things. Even where credit is due, they find a reason for a derogatory crack
    Last edited by DJM626; 11-29-13 at 07:18 PM.
    R Field likes this.
    11-29-13 06:53 PM

Do some research on what kind of components Blackberry uses and you will discover they share the same or similar components as a Motorola, Samsung, LG phone. The design might be different but the internals are mostly the same.
    11-29-13 08:13 PM
    BlackBerry needs to return to Removable Battery, which was one of the many things BlackBerry fans love about BlackBerry.
    Just pop in a 2nd battery, and you're good to go!
    No recharging dongles to get into the way.

Guys, let's talk about the Z30 battery and the S4/Note3 battery in 2 years time.

By then, the Z30 battery would be (nearly) dead and non-removable by user (need an expensive factory removal/reinstall of new battery).

For the S4/Note3 by contrast, you can simply buy a new battery and pop it in.

BlackBerry needs to return to Removable Battery, which was one of the many things BlackBerry fans love about BlackBerry.
    11-29-13 08:38 PM
    Just pop in a 2nd battery, and you're good to go!
    No recharging dongles to get into the way.

Guys, let's talk about the Z30 battery and the S4/Note3 battery in 2 years time.

By then, the Z30 battery would be (nearly) dead and non-removable by user (need an expensive factory removal/reinstall of new battery).

For the S4/Note3 by contrast, you can simply buy a new battery and pop it in.

The not 3 charging set that comes with a spare battery only cost about 35 dollars.

sent from my galaxy note 3
    11-29-13 08:48 PM
    I don't understand your question about quality. You take something that could arguably be measured in quantitative measures (quality), then follow it up with a subjective statement that says the Z30 or Q10 "feels like a well designed/solidly built mobile".

I've heard many comments about how cheap Samsung's products "feel". I've owned several Samsung products; I've experienced one design flaw and no hardware failures. This is not a knock on any other manufacturers, as I haven't had the hardware fail on any device that I kept from other OEMs either.

As to whether or not people care about quality, there are many things that factor into the user experience. I think that most people choose a phone based on what is most important to them at the time. For some, that is a Z30. For others, that is a Note 3.
    11-29-13 09:00 PM
    I'm not sure why, but when it comes to sizes of the Note, I just can't seem to use it as a phone. Albeit, I don't talk on the phone much, I just can't see myself holding a device the size of a Note to my ear.

Now, the S4, that I can do...
    11-29-13 09:02 PM
    I don't care but I hate that same sh!t and shamesung
    11-29-13 09:04 PM
    The Z30 screen is already brighter than my Note2 screen. The Note3 is in a different level compared to everyone else. Now, if you want jokes then talk about the Note2 screen.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 09:19 PM
    I don't care but I hate that same sh!t and shamesung
    Samsung Note3 are for guys with small dicks. I never seen someone actually needing and fully using a Note3 other than to show it off.

I rather buy Motorola or LG.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 09:24 PM
35 12