This last week my wife and I were traveling in New England enjoying the fall foliage and I suddenly realized that she had consistently better reception on her Q5 than I had on my Z30. There were many times when she would have 4GLTE and I would have 4g or even EDGE, or that she would have EDGE and I'd have nothing at all; once she had 4G LTE and I had nothing! It had struck me over the last month or so that my reception at home was worse than it used to be, but this was the first time that I was doing side-by-side comparisons. I tried switching airplane mode on and off, and even rebooting, but no clear improvement.

I'm tempted to back-up and then do a fresh install (we're both running 10.3.2.2514 and on T-Mobile.), but I'm really not looking forward to re-installing/configuring Cobalt's solution. I'm also wondering if this is more likely to be hardware degradation issue rather than a s/w issue.

BTW, one difference between the phones is that the Q5 includes LTE Band 2 support, but I don't know if that's relevant in the New England area. One other difference between our phones is that I'm running various Android apps via Cobalt's solution--but would that have any effect on wireless reception?
    10-06-16 02:44 PM