Hi everyone! I wanted to post a small review about Z30. I got my device from selfridges on the day it was released in London. I read a lot of reviews where Z30 and Z10 being compared, many are saying that there isn't much difference between the two except the screen and speakers. Well I have had all the BlackBerry 10 phones. The Z30 is built much better than the Z10 and I would even dare to say that it is built better than the Q10 I am typing this from. The metal borders around the sides and the backcover feel solid, because of a non removable battery, the back cover is attached so well, that I had difficulty removing it in order to insert the sd and sim cards. The screen is more responsive and clear, and looks much better than the one on Z10. Battery lasts me 2 full days with normal use (calls, bbm video, emails and texts and browsing). Best battery they done so for. So funny to see my friends running around and looking for chargers for their iphones all afternoon

I would say that the Z30 and os 10.2 is the best I have seen so far from BlackBerry . There are a few new functions like super quick and intuitive share function, multiple alarmas and on lock screen hub messages. I really really think that it is a superior device, everything is just better and quicker on it. There is one BUT! I talk a lot through bbm video, and the front facing camera on the Z30 is actually really bad. If it is just a bit dark, people will not see you. I have compared this with my Q10 and the difference is so huge. I just thought that they used the same cameras. Perhaps it can be fixed with a software update. That is the only disadvantage I could find, but to me it is quite a big one. Any one experienced the same?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 02:40 AM
    Does whatsapp msg appear on hub message ( as in appear on top of screen )
    10-13-13 04:20 AM
    I fully agree on this mini review. I also have both of the devices and the Z30 rocks!

Posted via CB10 from BB Q10
    10-13-13 04:45 AM
    Does whatsapp msg appear on hub message ( as in appear on top of screen )
    It does.
    Full acknowledge to this review. Front view camera is okay for me. Same as Q and Z10 which I both have.
    Battery is absolutely fabulous. My gf has a note 3 and the Z30 even lasts longer.
    720p in comparison to the 1080p of the note 3 is not that big. I would even say that blacks are more dark on Z. I like the colors more on the Z. Why? I am a photographer and like more the natural colors and not the over saturated of the Samsung devices.
    All in all the Z10 should have been the Z30. Then BlackBerry would have been in no trouble.

Posted via CB10
    Hetrophant likes this.
    10-13-13 05:05 AM
    A little bit more information and your "mini" review will become full review...

Posted via Z10
    10-13-13 05:35 AM
    No whatsup on the hub

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 05:41 AM
    The front camera on Z30 with little light is almost unusable. The difference is really just enormous. I have tested it the whole day yesterday. I work with development and all my developers and partners are all in different countries in Europe, we all use playbooks and blackberries for video chat and there is no doubt that Q10 front facing camera is even better in the dark than the playbook and Z30. Sorry about the mini long review I agree that if they have released the Z30 first, they would probably be in much less trouble right now. I am not sure about what's app in the hub, I don't use that app, and I don't want to install it. Also I would recommend to everyone to download the free task manager app from BlackBerry world, and shut down android emulators with it. It saves a lot on the battery.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 06:15 AM
    Would be interesting to know whether your front-cam is faulty or if it might be some general problem on all Z30 units.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    10-13-13 06:29 AM
    I would also be interested in knowing that

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 07:02 AM
    Ok everyone check out the images. They were taken now in a dark room, lying side by side. Look to the left where the muted mic is. The one which is almost dark, is the screen of myZ30 on bbm video with my Q10 and vice versa. The images say it all. And I have tested two different Z30 and they are the same, so I don't think it is a faulty camera. I think it is a software issue. I hope they fix this.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 07:13 AM
    I can't attach the images here

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 07:14 AM
    Z30 vs Q10 small review and cameras-img_00000004-1-.png

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 07:36 AM
    Look at the dark screen to the left, it is how the Z30 sends video out. The big picture on the screen of me,is from Q10 which is right next to the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 07:38 AM
    No whatsup on the hub

Posted via CB10
    On mine it is in the hub and I have toast notifications.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 07:40 AM
    How is the typing, compared to the Q10?
    As much as I like(d) the Z10, typing always drove me crazy and back to the Q10/5.
    10-13-13 09:02 AM
    It does.
    Full acknowledge to this review. Front view camera is okay for me. Same as Q and Z10 which I both have.
    Battery is absolutely fabulous. My gf has a note 3 and the Z30 even lasts longer.
    720p in comparison to the 1080p of the note 3 is not that big. I would even say that blacks are more dark on Z. I like the colors more on the Z. Why? I am a photographer and like more the natural colors and not the over saturated of the Samsung devices.
    All in all the Z10 should have been the Z30. Then BlackBerry would have been in no trouble.

Posted via CB10
    And I say that it's not about the device but more about the os.
    If BlackBerry launched bb10 with the features of 10.2, the sales would have been double. I wouldn't go has far as saying they had be out of the hot water but things would have been way different.
    And if initial sales were better, who knows ? Maybe more devs would have considered making an app for the platform, even those "big names " that people asked for so much.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 09:09 AM
    Typing is honestly really good. It is bigger than the Z10. I am on the Q10 now, but only because I don't have my cb login on the Z30. On Z30 you can just type gibberish and it just corrects it. The screen on the Q10 feels so small after using the Z30 and the new quickshare features are just awesome.

Posted via CB10
    mookieson likes this.
    10-13-13 09:29 AM
    I am a photographer and like more the natural colors and not the over saturated of the Samsung devices.

Posted via CB10
    There is a setting on the Note 3 to adjust the display to different presents just like your TV. It has movie and about 5 or 6 other modes. The default is what your seeing now. You can adjust it. Most say movie mode is very accurate.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3: Top 30 Tips and Tricks for Hidden Features, Personalisation, Battery Saving and Memory Management - International Business Times

6. Colour Toning
    In case you are annoyed by the brightness and colour of the Galazy Note 3's screen display, there is a way to configure these features according to the desired level. Go to Settings > Device > Display > Screen mode > Professional photo or movie > tone down the screen. Although it doesn't produce significant changes, the feature certainly helps at times.
    10-13-13 09:47 AM
    I can't attach the images here

Posted via CB10
    Make sure you have given CB10 access to your camera and picture files. If you don't allow the app that access, you won't be able to upload pictures.

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    10-13-13 09:49 AM
    How did you get it on the hub?

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 07:42 AM
    OP, hows the typing experience on the Z30 compared to the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    SharonRD likes this.
    10-14-13 08:35 AM
    How did you get it on the hub?

Posted via CB10
    It should show in the hub right after installation.
    If not, check settings->hub management. Whatsapp should be set to "on" there.
    10-14-13 08:52 AM
    It doesn't appear in the hub settings. I'm delete it and download it again to try if it works.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 09:14 AM
    It worked after redownload! Now it is on the hub.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 09:22 AM
    It worked after redownload! Now it is on the hub.

Posted via CB10
    Please post these off-topic questions elsewhere Paulo.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 12:04 PM