I have tried all the major operating systems android, ios, Windows 8,8.1,10....all, but BlackBerry 10. Iam from india and blackberry phones have a better resale value here than even iPhones simply because blackberry here is a status symbol. I am considering either passport or z30. To help you to help me buy the better phone lemme give you a history of the phones I come from.
    My first phone Nokia 3310
    It was my first phone at that time no one cares about anything. people just wanted a portable telephone.
    Second phone
    Nokia n95
    I had become a Nokia fan by now so I bought Nokia crown jewel... it was a phone that I still love. It had the best camera of its time a 5mp camera with a super awesome xenon flash. It made me buy my third phone which was also a Nokia.

Nokia lumia 810
    This phone sucked.period. Windows phone wasn't good for anything. Later I used other windows phones like windows 8,8.1 and windows 10 and those were good but windows 7.5 was so bad that I changed to iPhone pretty soon.

IPhone 4s
    This was a good phone but I got bored of it because it's was the same old... the same **** everyday. No live tiles like windows...just static pages of app shortcuts. So I switched to my best phone yet.

Sony xperia z ultra
    This phone is a beast. It is a thin sheet of black glass...looks great...
    It is a 7.01 inch tall phone and as wide as a blackberry passport. It has a 2.2 ghz quad core sd800 chip set with 2gb of ram a 1080X1920 res screen and an 8mp camera without flash. I love this phone despite the camera which one can't use in low light. Iam spoilt by apps and the performance of this device and can't imagine going to a smaller device...all small devices seem crap to me that ruled out the classic and q10 and the z10 for me. The problem with z ultra is it's size...while I love the size for reading and gaming...while cycling there is a constant fear that the phone will fall out of my pocket. So I wanted to go for something smaller. Lemme help you imagine the size of z ultra. Take the passport. The width of z ultra is identical to the passport and just imagine that the passport is a 7.01 inches tall. I have heard that regardless of the internals of blackberry devices they all work well that's why the passport isn't a clear choice for me...otherwise it would be. So which one do I go for if iam going to primarily use my device for reading... doing some social media stuff. And calls... iam not gonna game on a BlackBerry.
    Z30 or the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    anon(9258456) likes this.
    08-21-16 01:30 AM
    Passport very good.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-16 01:33 AM
    Will I like the physical qwerty keyboard on passport...I have used only virtual keyboard. On my z ultra from android xda forums I got the BlackBerry keyboard for priv on my phone and I love the BlackBerry keyboard...the swipe to select suggestions and swiping right to left for deleting and swiping top to bottom for symbols is just amazing

Posted via CB10
    08-21-16 01:37 AM
    BlackBerry Passport is too big for me. I like everything on Z30, fast, smooth and especially the battery life is amazing. I've been using Z30 more than 2 years and still in an excellent condition. I use hard case for protector. I have unlimited talk, text and data plan. I don't do gaming, I just do 2 or 4 calls a day, email, sms, bbm, whats app, browsing, reading and every weekend I do bicycling at least 30 km and use my Z30 as a GPS logger. For doing those things I charge my Z30 every 2 days.
    If you could get a brand new Z30 in India just go grab it, this is an excellent phone.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kelom; 08-21-16 at 04:13 PM.
    08-21-16 04:00 PM
    Passport:

Decent screen size
    Better processor
    Better camera with OIS
    Amazing keyboard
    Newer
    Amazing battery life
    Decent screen resolution and dpi
    Is not going to be comfortable in athletic wear
    Android games/apps in 16:9 mode look terrible and are unplayable most of the time.

Z30:
    Antenna technology
    ****ty eyesore dpi
    Decent battery life
    16:9 aspect ratio(good for games, movies,and android apps)
    Ports on the ******* left side that only make sense when you're using a dock.
    Micro HDMI port is awesome if you use that
    AMOLED screen

Take your pick.
    08-21-16 04:42 PM
    You'll be fine with the Passport if you loved the ultra lol

For reading the Passport wins by a wide margin over ANY device out there, 7' tablets included.

The resolution on the z30 also isn't that good to be honest.

#dirtythirty #naturalsound #CB10 #glassweave
    08-21-16 06:16 PM
    You'll be fine with the Passport if you loved the ultra lol

For reading the Passport wins by a wide margin over ANY device out there, 7' tablets included.

The resolution on the z30 also isn't that good to be honest.

#dirtythirty #naturalsound #CB10 #glassweave
    the z ultra is better than the passport for reading as it is just as wide and even taller than the passport...you don't have to keep scrolling the continuity of text is maintained

Posted via CB10
    08-23-16 09:47 AM
    I have heard that all BlackBerry 10 devices have similar performance regardless of the internals. Is that true...cuz the z30 seems more attractive to me... 16:9 screen aspect double is more standard than the passports which means it is more compatible with apps. I use my cycle more than my car...both the z30 and the passport are almost 1000$ in india... z30 is $930 and passport here is $1020. Here BlackBerry is a status symbol so the prices hardly fall...also I have tried the virtual keyboard of BlackBerry priv on my xperia z ultra...and I love it...never tried physical keyboards so I dunno if I will like the passports keyboard...z30 I can tell I will love without even trying the phone. What do you guys say...obviously you have used both.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-16 09:54 AM
    grab a Passport and fly into the BB10 world
    08-23-16 12:40 PM
    I have heard that all BlackBerry 10 devices have similar performance regardless of the internals. Is that true...cuz the z30 seems more attractive to me... 16:9 screen aspect double is more standard than the passports which means it is more compatible with apps. I use my cycle more than my car...both the z30 and the passport are almost 1000$ in india... z30 is $930 and passport here is $1020. Here BlackBerry is a status symbol so the prices hardly fall...also I have tried the virtual keyboard of BlackBerry priv on my xperia z ultra...and I love it...never tried physical keyboards so I dunno if I will like the passports keyboard...z30 I can tell I will love without even trying the phone. What do you guys say...obviously you have used both.

Posted via CB10
    The Passport has better specs than the Z30 so it will run apps better.

That being said, if you need apps and performance, why not consider the DTEK 50 or Priv? BB10 isn't great for apps or even social media anymore and the price you're getting them for seems too high.
    08-23-16 01:18 PM
    I used to be all about BlackBerry physical keyboards, until I got my Z10 and Z30, wife has the PASSPORT and loves it, I find the keyboard to be clunky compared to the buttery smoothness of the Z30 keyboard. I'm sure the PASSPORT users would disagree. I think it's just all about preference. Only ever used the PASSPORT for 5-10 mins at a time. I'm sure if I actually used the PASSPORT keyboard for a few days I'd probably love it. Just whatever you're used to, and how much you're willing to learn benefits of a new device. PASSPORT's display is much better than the Z30 though, could be important to you. I've had my Z30 for 2 years and still love it.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-16 11:45 PM
    To all those telling me to go for priv or dtek50...I don't want to go android...if I wanted to I would buy another sony... I want to try out a new os...thats why BlackBerry 10 and I got the money so that's not a problem for me

Posted via CB10
    08-24-16 07:13 AM
    I love my Z30. The virtual keyboard is outstanding and you are never look at a PKB again. BlackBerry has the best virtual keyboard in the b industry. The battery is outstanding and for me most of the apps I want are there. I use Blaq for Twitter which has push notifications. I use Inst10 for instagram. Any specific apps that you need?

Sent using my amazing Z30
    09-01-16 12:41 AM
    To all those telling me to go for priv or dtek50...I don't want to go android...if I wanted to I would buy another sony... I want to try out a new os...thats why BlackBerry 10 and I got the money so that's not a problem for me

Posted via CB10
    U can get brand new Z30 for 18000/-INR in amazon.in, which is really worth to the price point of view, I am using it last 1.5 years before to this I was a Z3 user.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2888
    09-01-16 11:02 AM
    I am using BB Z30 for more than 2.5 years, and still working smoothly till now. I love it because I never had trouble with the device, even I want to buy a Passport to support my office activities.

Go get the Z30!

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 11:42 AM
    I have tried all the major operating systems android, ios, Windows 8,8.1,10....all, but BlackBerry 10. Iam from india and blackberry phones have a better resale value here than even iPhones simply because blackberry here is a status symbol. I am considering either passport or z30. To help you to help me buy the better phone lemme give you a history of the phones I come from.
    My first phone Nokia 3310
    It was my first phone at that time no one cares about anything. people just wanted a portable telephone.
    Second phone
    Nokia n95
    I had become a Nokia fan by now so I bought Nokia crown jewel... it was a phone that I still love. It had the best camera of its time a 5mp camera with a super awesome xenon flash. It made me buy my third phone which was also a Nokia.

Nokia lumia 810
    This phone sucked.period. Windows phone wasn't good for anything. Later I used other windows phones like windows 8,8.1 and windows 10 and those were good but windows 7.5 was so bad that I changed to iPhone pretty soon.

IPhone 4s
    This was a good phone but I got bored of it because it's was the same old... the same **** everyday. No live tiles like windows...just static pages of app shortcuts. So I switched to my best phone yet.

Sony xperia z ultra
    This phone is a beast. It is a thin sheet of black glass...looks great...
    It is a 7.01 inch tall phone and as wide as a blackberry passport. It has a 2.2 ghz quad core sd800 chip set with 2gb of ram a 1080X1920 res screen and an 8mp camera without flash. I love this phone despite the camera which one can't use in low light. Iam spoilt by apps and the performance of this device and can't imagine going to a smaller device...all small devices seem crap to me that ruled out the classic and q10 and the z10 for me. The problem with z ultra is it's size...while I love the size for reading and gaming...while cycling there is a constant fear that the phone will fall out of my pocket. So I wanted to go for something smaller. Lemme help you imagine the size of z ultra. Take the passport. The width of z ultra is identical to the passport and just imagine that the passport is a 7.01 inches tall. I have heard that regardless of the internals of blackberry devices they all work well that's why the passport isn't a clear choice for me...otherwise it would be. So which one do I go for if iam going to primarily use my device for reading... doing some social media stuff. And calls... iam not gonna game on a BlackBerry.
    Z30 or the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    I guess I am "old school" because I dont see the need for more than one phone after all it is just a tool for conversing for others. I read articles on the phones that I like, then choose one and use it until it is no longer usable. I started with the Motorola Bag Phone, the the Storm, Bold and 3 years ago the Z30, its working fine and I am sure for a while yet. I can spend my money on other things.

 Pr1ngle
    09-01-16 11:57 AM
    The Passport was the best work phone I ever owned. I miss it very much. Keyboard, specs, aspect ratio for work wide, expandable memory. Loved it. I have my eyes open for a deal on another one.

 Z30 | STA100-5 | 10.3.2.2888 & iPhone 6s
    09-01-16 04:48 PM
    I would go for the Z30. The virtual keyboard mixed with BB10 is very hard for me to give up. Plus you can find an unlocked on for pretty cheap.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 03:03 AM
    I'm on a Priv and have owned many other bbs (and even an iPhone) and I can say without a doubt the passport was the best BlackBerry ever made. Efficiency and productivity at its finest. Z30 is great too, but the passport is just so much better.

Sent from my Priv
    09-06-16 10:57 PM
    U can get brand new Z30 for 18000/-INR in amazon.in, which is really worth to the price point of view, I am using it last 1.5 years before to this I was a Z3 user.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2888
    18000 rs? Seriously... where... I was getting a z30 with gold accents for 53000rs and a passport with gold accents at 59900 rs

Posted via my Redberry z30
    09-07-16 10:01 AM
    18000 rs? Seriously... where... I was getting a z30 with gold accents for 53000rs and a passport with gold accents at 59900 rs

Today's price for Z30 is 17500/- with 1yr seller warranty in amazon.in, just now I have ordered border case from amazer in amazon.in

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2888
    09-07-16 10:56 AM
    Everybody I know that has a PPSE, swears by it. While I still am rocking my Z30, if I find a deal on a PPSE, I will do it.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-16 04:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    $930!!! Seriously ???? ..
    I got my brand new BlackBerry Z30 for ₹20k in 2015..

Posted via CB10
    09-09-16 05:03 PM
    Old school too and Z30 ...is really fair !!
    09-10-16 05:54 AM
    Where the hell are you getting z30s so cheap... I bought a z30 finally over a passport because passport will have problems with games as it's screen aspect ratio is 1:1. Bro... how are you getting such cheap z30s? I got a custom made z30 with red colored glass weave and golden BlackBerry logo and golden chin instead of silver. The front is red too... it cost me 60k rs some guy took a regular z30 and did customisations on it. Is the price so much because of that?

09-11-16 04:26 AM
31 12