Going into VZW within a day or two and was wondering how do you think the Z30 compares to the Lumia 928? WP now has pretty much most of the essential apps people whine about, and WP is definitely a change from android, but then again so is BB10. One thing about WP that gives me pause is that there is no file manger and as a result, there is an other storage problem. Don't know what I mean? Check out WPCentral forums and search other storage and you will find some real tech horror stories. But on the flip side BB does not have the easiest way to get the apps you want (Netflix, Mint, and Google Maps). Both are responsive and provide a different experience than the average android and iPhone device and either one I am willing to try given enough reason, so what do you guys think?
    12-01-13 04:16 PM
    I think its a hard sell for either WP8 or BB10 as both have drawbacks. I think WP has a huge advantage in price and that is what is driving their marketshare, more apps coming etc.

both require the user to get used to using especially coming from android or iOS, both have a smaller ecosystem.
    12-01-13 04:33 PM
    I think its a hard sell for either WP8 or BB10 as both have drawbacks. I think WP has a huge advantage in price and that is what is driving their marketshare, more apps coming etc.

both require the user to get used to using especially coming from android or iOS, both have a smaller ecosystem.
    I would not have a problem with either as I am personally familiar with how they work. From a standpoint of what the devices can do now, which do you think would be better in a day to day usage?

Sent from my XT907 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-01-13 04:52 PM
    What are your priority uses for a smartphone?

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    12-01-13 05:21 PM
    I would say BB10 wins out for day to day use right now with 10.2.1 loaded
    12-01-13 05:29 PM
    What are your priority uses for a smartphone?

Email, navigation, web browsing, and occasional Netflix use. Netflix I know can be side loaded.

12-01-13 05:50 PM
    The main argument here is pretty much just camera or communication.

The best keyboard, hub etc..... BB10

Only if you prefer a brilliant camera, I can recommend the 928 over the Z30....

Once you adjust to the different OS, there is not much left except the above mentioned.

Oh yeah: Nokia has no file management...

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 06:01 PM
    Windows phone has no notification for gods sake!

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 06:02 PM
    And the ui is not even close to bb10.2.1, you will definitely miss the toast notification ,

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 06:03 PM
    I have a Z30 and a Lumia 925 (the AT&T version of the 928).
    My business needs are met by the 925 (integrated Skydrive, Lync that works) and that's why I use the 925. 10.2.1.1055 makes the Z30 the best BB10 device I have tried (that would include the Zed10, Q10 and now the Z30) but for day to day I use the 925.

You have to use what works best for you
    12-01-13 06:05 PM
    I've used both platforms. Q10 now, HTC8x previous. Both are great platforms, but with being able to load Android APK's in 10.2.1 I would opt for the Z30 because of the HUB and BB10 OS. Just my opinion. But both are better to me than plain Android or IOS.

Posted via CB10
    Nature Slice likes this.
    12-01-13 06:07 PM
    The Lumia 928 would be compared to the Z10. The Z30 should be compared to the upcoming Lumia 929. Will be out mid December. Looks like a beast
    12-01-13 06:08 PM
    Windows phone has no notification for gods sake!

Posted via CB10
    I believe that Windows Phone works very well without a notification center, but you do get notifications just like on BB10 at the top of the screen. However, a notification center will arrive in the 8.1 update.
    12-01-13 06:09 PM

Once you adjust to the different OS, there is not much left except the above mentioned.

Posted via CB10
    They keyboard on the Lumia 928 is actually phenomenal. Coming from the Z10, I had to do no adjustments. Same feel. It's great. Just no flick typing.
    12-01-13 06:13 PM
    The flick is the main differentiator for the Z keyboard though, no?

Makes one-handed use possible, pleasant and fast.

12-01-13 06:36 PM
    The flick is the main differentiator for the Z keyboard though, no?

Makes one-handed use possible, pleasant and fast.

I wouldn't say it's any sort of deal breaker. Yeah, it's nice, but I wouldn't choose the Z30 over a Lumia 929 or 928 due to flick typing.
    12-01-13 06:46 PM
    The price difference is huge...
    Do you want to look at the upcoming lumia 929?

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 07:19 PM
    I believe that Windows Phone works very well without a notification center, but you do get notifications just like on BB10 at the top of the screen. However, a notification center will arrive in the 8.1 update.
    Well, notifications limited to 5 (if I remember correctly), just the number and type of messages being displayed, no headers, no opening of the message by tapping on the notification, no LED, and if you want to see the actual message, you have to unlock the phone, find the proper tile and tap on it, when you want to see the next message from a different source you have to go back to the home screen, look for the tile, tap on it....
    BB10 is way ahead in terms of notification, message consolidation and presentation.

Posted via CB10
    Nature Slice likes this.
    12-01-13 07:32 PM
    I was a Nokia windows fan once but ended up buying the Z30 instead of 1020. (software over camera. I am very familiar with wp as I have been interacting with it for more than 2 years)

My opinions.
    If you want to switch between apps, close them, communicate faster, definitely the Z30. Z30 wins on battery life and Web browser (faster and adobe Flash enabled)

I can't say that the 928's camera is a lot better, but definitely better in low light. Maps in the 928 is a huge win though.
    The integration with Microsoft services on the 928 is better, but not flawless so it isn't a strong point to me. However, coming from Windows phone, I realised that it does things slower overall.

One flaw of the z30 is that bb10 os is not entirely made for z30. as it is difficult to use z30 one handedly at Times. The save button, cancel are all on top. Whereas windows phone's buttons are usually below.

Anyway, BlackBerry 10 is a more thoughtful os. Many nice touches which makes me happy and not regret coming from Windows phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 07:33 PM
    The Lumia 928 would be compared to the Z10. The Z30 should be compared to the upcoming Lumia 929. Will be out mid December. Looks like a beast
    929 is not official, so why would I compare something that I can't actually go see in person?

12-01-13 08:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's what's mainly stopping me is that there is no type of file management.

12-01-13 08:40 PM
    Going into VZW within a day or two and was wondering how do you think the Z30 compares to the Lumia 928? WP now has pretty much most of the essential apps people whine about, and WP is definitely a change from android, but then again so is BB10. One thing about WP that gives me pause is that there is no file manger and as a result, there is an other storage problem. Don't know what I mean? Check out WPCentral forums and search other storage and you will find some real tech horror stories. But on the flip side BB does not have the easiest way to get the apps you want (Netflix, Mint, and Google Maps). Both are responsive and provide a different experience than the average android and iPhone device and either one I am willing to try given enough reason, so what do you guys think?
    you're in luck! i had a z10 since launch, and recently, it fell in the toilet. so, guess what i have as a replacement courtesy of my buddy's "stock" ? Yeap, the 928.
    to put it lightly, this phone is garbage. i reboot this things at least 3 times/ week. it locks up constantly. the sensor that is supposed to react to your putting it next to your ear, doesnt work all the time.. and sometimes, drops calls (pressing end w/ cheek) or speaker. aggravating.
    next, the profile switch (vibrate, silent, loud) is still in "beta" or it should be. its a 10 step process.
    next, you need an "app" to kill the media player.. it ALWAYS runs in the background. even when you "back out" of the app.
    listening to media through your headphones will leave the media volume at the headphone level.. EVEN if you unplug your headphones.
    so remember to lower your volume! ANNOYING!
    anyway, the whole phone should still be in BETA!

on the plus side, the HERE Navigation is the BEST! hope there will be an APK....

on to the Z30. Z10's big brother. love it!
    12-01-13 08:59 PM
    Despite the growth of WP8, BB10 with the 10.2.1 update makes it pretty much a no brainer I think... Android and IOS still are the spot light for the developers and get apps ahead of everyone.
    12-01-13 09:07 PM
    For me, the communication and true multi-tasking features of BB10 (Hub, Peek, keyboard, active frames) were more important than app selection. Looking at live tiles to see if I had new communications and having to navigate in and out of several different apps to catch up on them all was very repetitive and tiresome.

Having used all the major platforms, BB10 outshines all the rest (for me).

I now patiently await the official 10.2.1 release so I can get those few apps that aren't absolutely essential, but will certainly make my BlackBerry that much more awesome.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10
    12-01-13 09:09 PM
    929 is not official, so why would I compare something that I can't actually go see in person?

Well it's official, but yeah you can't see it in store yet. You can use the 928 and Z30 side by side, but I'm just saying keep in mind that when you do end up buying that the 929 will probably be out and it will be a bigger and more powerful package.
    12-01-13 09:27 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD