You're right. Touchwiz is the biggest part of the problem.

Posted via CB10
    Don't get me wrong. Android isn't super optimised IMO and I dislike most of the OEM's software but an unbloated android jellybean is pretty snappy

Sent from my GT-I9100 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-08-13 10:26 AM
    Lol Blackberry sold 3 million phones total (z10, q10, bbos7) last quarter. But the n4 was a bust? Lol. Considering Google barely markets the nexus I'd say 3 million is okay. Also what phone on the market has a removable antenna?

Sent from the bat cave using CB forums
    You should reread those posts, but use the most sarcastic voice humanly possible that you can imagine, and picture me wearing a top hat/monocle combo while riding an Arabian dressage properly performing the piaffe.

(BBM#33)
    10-08-13 10:36 AM
    You should reread those posts, but use the most sarcastic voice humanly possible that you can imagine, and picture me wearing a top hat/monocle combo while riding an Arabian dressage properly performing the piaffe.

(BBM#33)
    Noted, apologies. Carry on

Sent from the bat cave using CB forums
    10-08-13 11:30 AM
    I just rest that the 32gb model will be $399USD. OMG

Discuss!

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 12:17 PM
    I just rest that the 32gb model will be $399USD. OMG

Discuss!

Posted via CB10
    With a 3000mAH battery probably. $299 for 16gb and 2300mAH one possibly.

So the Z30 hardware pros are

Different antenna
    More mics
    Better speakers
    Expandable storage
    2MP front camera
    10-08-13 12:45 PM

Different antenna
    More mics
    Better speakers
    Expandable storage
    2MP front camera
    And hdmi, also just because it may have a larger battery dies t mean it's going to last longer.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 01:21 PM

Different antenna
    More mics
    Better speakers
    Expandable storage
    2MP front camera
    The only one of those that is actually useful is the expandable memory which is even debatable as 32 GB of storage would suffice for most users. The N5 would be a better phone if the prices were equal, now at almost half the price, its not even a question.
    Donvald likes this.
    10-08-13 01:21 PM
    And hdmi, also just because it may have a larger battery dies t mean it's going to last longer.

Posted via CB10
    Not quite correct on the HDMI.

See most well designed smartphones have what is called slimport. Slimport allows you to use the USB port as an HDMI port with a cheap adaptor. The Optimus G and Nexus 4 had slimport, The LG G2 also has slimport, so I'm sure the Nexus 5 will have it as well.

Hardly any smartphones come with a HDMI port today except BlackBerry and the generic china made Android devices. Think maybe there is a reason for that?
    Last edited by Saiga; 10-08-13 at 03:19 PM.
    Donvald and raino like this.
    10-08-13 01:46 PM
    See most well designed smartphones have what is called slimport. Slimport allows you to use the USB port as an HDMI port with a cheap adaptor. The Optimus G and Nexus 4 had slimport, The LG G2 also has slimport, so I'm sure the Nexus 5 will have it as well.
    That's all very well, but I don't need any adaptor to use the hdmi on my bb10 and am also able to charge the phone at the same time if needed too.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    10-08-13 03:37 PM
    That's all very well, but I don't need any adaptor to use the hdmi on my bb10 and am also able to charge the phone at the same time if needed too.
    I don't know about all of them, but every slimport adaptor I've seen had a standard MicroUSB port on the side that allows for charging the phone while slimport is in use. I don't think they even make them without a charger port, if they do I haven't found one.

For $11, you can buy a slimport adaptor from Amazon. Just leave it plugged into your HDMI cable and it is there whenever you need it. There really isn't a reason to put a HDMI port and a USB port on a phone when everything can be handled with just one port. That is why most phone makers don't do it anymore.
    10-08-13 03:55 PM
    Not quite correct on the HDMI.

Thanks for the description of Slimport. But my question is...why? There's standard micro HDMI+ micro USB, MHL, and now Slimport? Why are we moving towards fragmentation?
    10-08-13 04:17 PM
    Google to offer battery size options for Nexus 5, pricing leaked | TalkAndroid.com

If this holds out to be true, the 3,000 mAh battery/32 GB version for $399 (versus $700) is going to be a tough decision for consumers over the Z30
    Wasn't the Moto X at one point rumored to be $200?
    10-08-13 04:18 PM
    Thanks for the description of Slimport. But my question is...why? There's standard micro HDMI+ micro USB, MHL, and now Slimport? Why are we moving towards fragmentation?
    I believe that certain manufacturers choose slimport over mhl, or micro hdmi probably has something to do partly with the licensing. Slimport itself is free of licensing, and royalties and supports up to 1080p @ 60 fps or 1080p @ 30 fps with 3D content over HDMI 1.4, in addition to support for DVI, VGA, and DisplayPort.
    Plus it does have give the user the ability to charge the device while in use.

(BBM#33)
    10-08-13 04:35 PM
    Just saw a picture of an MHL adapter here (third pic, if my link doesn't directly show it,) and assuming Slimport is similar, both look so...cumbersome. I still need an HDMI cable, still need a micro USB cable/charger, and now this extra hardware that could break if it's too flimsy. Not my cup of tea.
    10-08-13 04:49 PM
    Just saw a picture of an MHL adapter here (third pic, if my link doesn't directly show it,) and assuming Slimport is similar, both look so...cumbersome. I still need an HDMI cable, still need a micro USB cable/charger, and now this extra hardware that could break if it's too flimsy. Not my cup of tea.
    I prefer slimport for one main reason. It is the middle of the night, the wife is in bed with the lights off and you need to plug in your phone for the night. With slimport, it's no big deal. But I've lost count of how many times I've tried to plug my charger into that stupid micro HDMI port - which I've never even used - on my BB10 devices.

The two ports being side by side is a pain. Especially when HDMI out is one of those things you'll rarely, if ever need.
    10-08-13 05:00 PM
    To each his own.

(BBM#33)
    10-08-13 05:54 PM
    I would probably choose the slimport myself, but I don't see anything wrong with using mhl, or micro hdmi at all. I have been meaning to get a chromecast, but I have not really completely justified my need for one at this point. All the above options are great when you need it.

(BBM#33)
    10-08-13 05:59 PM
    Performance wise this review match it with the Nexus 4
    BlackBerry Z30 review - BlackBerry 10 phone
    10-08-13 06:39 PM
    So $400 unlocked and off contract for Nexus 5 32g with all the fixings. Except of course the 2 mp front facing cam, speakers, antenna, mics, and expandable storage. I mean if i were an uneducated consumer that sounds like a great deal over a $700 off contract BlackBerry phone without the same ecosystem.
    10-08-13 07:55 PM
    So $400 unlocked and off contract for Nexus 5 32g with all the fixings. Except of course the 2 mp front facing cam, speakers, antenna, mics, and expandable storage. I mean if i were an uneducated consumer that sounds like a great deal over a $700 off contract BlackBerry phone without the same ecosystem.
    True. But nexus was always cheaper than the competition.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 08:01 PM
    True. But nexus was always cheaper than the competition.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah thats true, if they market this device accordingly they will have a big success.
    10-08-13 08:05 PM
    Yeah thats true, if they market this device accordingly they will have a big success.
    If all the previous nexus devices are anything to go by, google will not market or even stock this device too heavily because it is being sold near to cost and if they pushed it too heavily then it would **** off all their oem partners.
    10-08-13 09:11 PM
    If a blackberry ceo came to this forum, and only saw positive reviews they might be left wondering why their device didn't sell.
    They'll end up with amazing marketing,

Posted via CB10
    I don't think there's much of a risk of either of those things happening. I mean seriously, do you ?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 09:16 PM
    I don't think there's much of a risk of either of those things happening. I mean seriously, do you ?

Posted via CB10
    Not at all.

(BBM#33)
    10-08-13 10:20 PM
    Back on topic though. I want both the z30, and the nexus 5. I think that I'll get the nexus 5 first, and then pick up the z30 of cl a little later.

(BBM#33)
    10-08-13 10:22 PM
224 ... 6789