Really? For business use I both a Z10 and a Q5 and not sure what you mean here? BB10 is unrivaled as productivity tool, I think. Frequently during conference calls I can check any one of up to 8 different open applications to check dates, facts, shoot out emails etc. Plus quite a few of my colleagues are now using BBM (wer're in Canada eh) which has amazing audio quality (better than HD Audio). The Z30 will really perform with the natural sound speakers. Perhaps I misunderstood your post though?

Posted via CB10
    From an overall perspective, I think BBRY handicapped great hardware by not providing a decent ecosystem to extend the device.

Take communication for instance. For me, that means being able to talk to as many people via as many mediums as possible at any time. So, with regards to videoconferencing, I need access to as many cross-platform tools as possible. Same goes for chat clients.

Emails, I need to be able to type with both hands, or dictate an email/text hands-free. Complete access to every email in my in-box, five Gapps emails to manage. i also communicate a lot via social networks, so combined clients are valuable.

With regards to calls, I also need the ability to manage two phone numbers on one device seamlessly (I was able to do that on legacy BBOS). I have a private number, and a GV number I have had since Grandcentral days.

I have also increasingly needed to collaborate on cloud documents -- download, edit, sign, convert to PDF and fax -- on the go.

Now to be fair, these things are mostly software driven.
    10-06-13 07:04 PM
    Well I wasn't really saying any one phone was better than the other. Just answering what I think the Z30 was designed for. Care to elaborate why you think BB10 is weaker in those specific categories?
    Depending on the needs (and I should have been clearer), I think it is easier to be more productive on the go on other platforms.

IOWs apps.

I tend to agree with @Lawguyman... it boils down to more than just the raw OS.
    10-06-13 07:07 PM
    I love BB10 and can't wait to use the release version of 10.2 on my Z10. I'm contemplating picking up the the Z30 unlocked since Rogers here in Canada isn't carrying it.

With that being said, Google has a smash hit on their hands with this. I wonder how long the battery will last.

Does anyone know anyone who has the LG G2? It's similar to the Nexus.

Posted via CB10
    quad core cpu, 1080p screen, 5" with a 2300mah battery?? On top of that live wallpapers, headless apps, games(we all know android users love their games), android doesn't optimize their OS to great when it comes to battery life but Kit Kat is coming and it's supposed to have amazing optimization so who knows.

You got to be kidding me. 6hours of battery life tops..
    10-06-13 07:40 PM
    In case you missed it, the leaked specs of the LG-built Google Nexus 5 is what I and many of us hoped for the Z30.

4.95-inch1080p IPS LCD
    Snapdragon 800 quad-core CPU (MSM8947) at 2.3GHz
    2GB RAM
    32GB storage
    Wireless charging
    8MPrear camera with OIS; 1.3MP front camera
    2300mAh battery
    Accelerometer; ambient light sensor; Compass; Gyroscope; Proximity; Pressure sensors
    HDMI out via Slimport
    Notification LED
    NFC; Bluetooth 3 (?); A-GPS; 802.11 b/g/n wifi

Of course the kicker is that this beauty will probably retail around $500.

It's definitely not easy remaining a loyal Crackberry-er sometimes.

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    I thought that the spec's for the Z30 is about the same but the Z30 has a 2MP front camera instead of a 1.3MP front camera ?
    pttptppt likes this.
    10-06-13 07:50 PM
    To tell you the truth those nexus 5 specs aren't as good as I expected. The one factor that is against the z30 for me personally is the price. If the z30 drops to the Nexus 5 price range I'd rather have it. As it stands the Nexus 5 wins. I am not one that needs the large ecosystem I would rather have natural sound. But that would be in a world where updates were guaranteed past 10.2. I refuse to buy a device that will be stuck on the same OS version. 10.2 is not complete.
    DJM626 and jakie55 like this.
    10-06-13 07:59 PM
    The Z30 is a mediocre phone that won't sell. Why even make a thread about it when it's going to be the last BB?
    If it's gonna be the last BlackBerry it should probably have a thread. But seriously, why are you still here? You've just joined and every thread is negative. You know this is a BlackBerry fan site right?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by playbookster; 10-06-13 at 08:41 PM.
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    10-06-13 08:13 PM
    Depending on the needs (and I should have been clearer), I think it is easier to be more productive on the go on other platforms.

IOWs apps.

I tend to agree with @Lawguyman... it boils down to more than just the raw OS.
    Your answer to TDIGUY answered my question just as well, but thanks for the reply.
    10-06-13 08:24 PM
    2300 Mah battery and with those specs while running Android have fun making it through your day.

Canadian cities BBM Channel C001234A4
    10-06-13 08:41 PM
    Can't wait to ge the nexus 5

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 08:45 PM
    idk really. It's not all about the hardware. Android os lags on any device, but they do have apps. IDK, because bb10 runs better and has an android runtime. But it does have it's flukes.

I guess it's about what you need and what you can afford. And imo, the specs are more of less the same
    There is no lag on my phone.

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using CB Forums mobile app
    10-06-13 08:48 PM
    Not sure if I would go nexus 5 or not... I have been cursed with bad android experiences so far with regards to reception and battery (galaxy s2 had bad reception and nexus 4 has bad battery and awful reception). In Orlando last week and almost took a hammer to my Nexus 4 it frustrated me so much (bad reception, battery drain, not giving me access to all my emails) ... despite having more apps, I switched back to my BlackBerry since at least it worked.

If I go nexus 5, I will try it out first before buying as I am just tired of having an android smartphone that fails to preform as a phone first no matter the app situation.

Still want a z30 but won't pay $700 for it...
    Luckily it won't stay at $700 for long...
    10-06-13 08:48 PM
    To tell you the truth those nexus 5 specs aren't as good as I expected. The one factor that is against the z30 for me personally is the price. If the z30 drops to the Nexus 5 price range I'd rather have it. As it stands the Nexus 5 wins. I am not one that needs the large ecosystem I would rather have natural sound. But that would be in a world where updates were guaranteed past 10.2. I refuse to buy a device that will be stuck on the same OS version. 10.2 is not complete.
    We will see soon enough... whether 10.3 exists.
    10-06-13 08:50 PM
    2300 Mah battery and with those specs while running Android have fun making it through your day.

Canadian cities BBM Channel C001234A4
    Mine is 6.44" w/ 3050 mAh yet I get well over a day, well into the second one on average use.

10-06-13 08:52 PM
    We will see soon enough... whether 10.3 exists.
    It'll probably be BB11, assuming BB is still around to release it.
    10-06-13 09:49 PM
    In case you missed it, the leaked specs of the LG-built Google Nexus 5 is what I and many of us hoped for the Z30.

4.95-inch1080p IPS LCD
    Snapdragon 800 quad-core CPU (MSM8947) at 2.3GHz
    2GB RAM
    32GB storage
    Wireless charging
    8MPrear camera with OIS; 1.3MP front camera
    2300mAh battery
    Accelerometer; ambient light sensor; Compass; Gyroscope; Proximity; Pressure sensors
    HDMI out via Slimport
    Notification LED
    NFC; Bluetooth 3 (?); A-GPS; 802.11 b/g/n wifi

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    So other than the quad core and the 1080p resolution of the display, everything else on the Nexus 5 is worse than on the Z30...so how is this better?

Posted via CB10
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    10-06-13 10:29 PM
    There is no lag on my phone.

Welcome to the club.
    10-06-13 10:33 PM
    There is a design flaw in your logic is running Android! You could put the best possible hardware but if the operating system isn't utilizing the power than the high end specifications don't mean as much as what the operating system is using.

Posted via CB10
    Oh not to forget wasting battery power for no reason.

Posted via CB10
    lol'd at these 2 posts since 1, an android user will optimize their phone to their advantage to utilize those specs. If they don't know how it's probably because they don't care.

My comment on the second post is - cause ya know, the Z10 battery life is so great...

BB10 is a great OS, I love it to death, but the price and hardware that come with it is just plain sad.
    I mean the Nexus 5 for 500 bucks? and the Z30 for 700 (that has 2012 specs...)?
    Berry_Pink and Terser Nori like this.
    10-06-13 10:46 PM
    So other than the quad core and the 1080p resolution of the display, everything else on the Nexus 5 is worse than on the Z30...so how is this better?

Posted via CB10
    Those two specs are what makes a midrange and a high end device. Z30 doesn't come with wireless charging. Z30 doesn't have optical stabilization for the camera. Z30 is heavier, wider, taller and thicker. Also the durability of the glass on the Z30 is not very good regarding scratches. From a hardware perspective the Z30 is only better in battery and the front camera in terms of MP.Nexus 5 is probably $250-300 cheaper. I can't see the 32GB Nexus 5 being more than $449, amazing if at $399.
    10-06-13 11:20 PM
    Those two specs are what makes a midrange and a high end device. Z30 doesn't come with wireless charging. Z30 doesn't have optical stabilization for the camera. Z30 is heavier, wider, taller and thicker. Also the durability of the glass on the Z30 is not very good regarding scratches. From a hardware perspective the Z30 is only better in battery and maybe build quality.Nexus 5 is probably $250-300 cheaper. I can't see the 32GB Nexus 5 being more than $449, amazing if at $399.
    Nexus doesn't have hdmi, or a new paratek antenna, doesn't have stereo speakers, 4 microphones, and yes the z30 has wireless charging. It's also super amoled vs ips tft. And the nexus doesn't have expandable memory, it also has a lower res front cam. So really the only thing the nexus has over the z30 is 1080p and a 2.3ghz processor, though processor speed is only relative to the os its running

Posted via CB10
    jakie55, dusdal and R Field like this.
    10-06-13 11:31 PM
    Nexus doesn't have hdmi, or a new paratek antenna, doesn't have stereo speakers, 4 microphones, and yes the z30 has wireless charging. It's also super amoled vs ips tft. And the nexus doesn't have expandable memory, it also has a lower res front cam. So really the only thing the nexus has over the z30 is 1080p and a 2.3ghz processor, though processor speed is only relative to the os its running

Posted via CB10
    Antenna performance is debatable. I haven't experience any real advantage of having 4 microphones with my Z30. The Z30 speaker quality is hard to top. Expandable memory is always good to have but is expected to be excluded on any nexus device. I don't know if all those things are worth $300 more to me. Quad S4 ran JB pretty good on the Nexus 4, it will fly with the 800. AMOLED vs IPS is also debatable. I prefer IPS for brightness and sharpness opposed to poppy colors and I can appreciate both. You can sideload apps but everything is much faster on android in terms of loading speed and performance in app. The Z30 doesn't beat the Samsung S3 loading the same app but this isn't surprising at all despite the Z30 having a faster CPU clock. In terms of value, I don't think there are many phones that will top a Nexus 5. Not to mention, there is no uncertainty about updates for Nexus devices.
    antikorr, Berry_Pink and tack like this.
    10-06-13 11:37 PM

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Those specs do not impress me as Android is a resource hog as it is. It would be nice to have pressure sensors, though.

Also, Google makes its money by collecting your information and using it mainly for advertising purposes. So, being a Google phone and not just another Android phone, Google while probably earn the cost of the phone within the first week alone.

There is a design flaw in your logic is running Android! You could put the best possible hardware but if the operating system isn't utilizing the power than the high end specifications don't mean as much as what the operating system is using.

Posted via CB10
    The Nexus series ship with stock Android free from manufacturer and/or carrier modifications or bloatware complete with an unlockable bootloader to encourage end-user modifications and/or development.

Not singling you out but I constantly read people are freaked out about needing 2gb of RAM. RAM is cheap so I don't see the big deal. Is it just because the others don't need 2gb yet some supply it? I'd be more worried about it needing a octacore processor or something. Also I don't think the others are running 2 environments at the same time.
    Not sure about iOS or BB10, but more RAM speeds up Android.
    10-06-13 11:49 PM
    Those specs do not impress me as Android is a resource hog as it is.
    Can you explain to me how BB10 isn't if it also requires 2GB to run well?
    10-06-13 11:54 PM
    Can you explain to me how BB10 isn't if it also requires 2GB to run well?
    Android doesn't run well even on 2gb of ram...

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 11:59 PM
    It runs fine on 2GB. I use a S3 and Z30 everyday and we all know how much "bloatware" the S3 has right. I even have more background services running at start up than the Z30 because of widgets and it works fine for me.Yes, I am even using TouchWiz when I could use nova launcher. Both devices boot up to have 1.1GB ram free. BB10 has hub to start up and S3 has widgets to start up. Again, making bad generalizations and fallacies without having the devices side by side needs to stop.
    Attached Thumbnails Z30 vs Nexus 5-img_00000129.jpg  
    Last edited by StutterStep; 10-07-13 at 12:30 AM.
    10-07-13 12:00 AM
    These comparisons are always difficult, more so in this case as the Nexus isn't even on sale yet!

How can anyone rate a film [movie] that hasn't been released?

As the Nexus 5 hasn't been launched, let alone made available to use, all we have are leaks on the specs. Although they are consistent - suggesting they are likely to be true - any comparison now will be entirely speculative and therefore have little weight.

Possibly, the largest influence will be cost -v- availability. The Z30 will largely be contract based when sold, so hiding it's price in the monthly fee. The Nexus 5 will largely be sold off-contract through Google Play and if Google follows previous form, the Nexus 5 will be about half the price for an equivalent spec.

How can one make an objective decision?
    10-07-13 04:26 AM
224 ... 23456 ...