I love BB10 and can't wait to use the release version of 10.2 on my Z10. I'm contemplating picking up the the Z30 unlocked since Rogers here in Canada isn't carrying it.

With that being said, Google has a smash hit on their hands with this. I wonder how long the battery will last.

Does anyone know anyone who has the LG G2? It's similar to the Nexus.

Posted via CB10
    I just retired my Nexus 4 for a LG G2, it's crazy fast, no lag (hard to believe for some of you on here), has the nicest screen I've ever seen and the battery life is amazing. Being a heavy user, my N4 would last 12-16 hours, the G2 has lasted up to 36 hours so far. The camera takes amazing pics, definitely love this phone and highly recommend it.

The tiny bezels make the screen 5.2" (0.5" bigger than my Nexus) yet the overall size is barely bigger than the Nexus and smaller than the Z30.
    10-06-13 11:24 AM
    1.3 front versus 2.0 front for Z30

Posted via Harry
    raino likes this.
    10-06-13 11:24 AM
    1.3 front versus 2.0 front for Z30

Posted via Harry
    That's not really a big deal. Yes, it's nice that the Z30 (and all current BB10 handsets) have one of the best front facing cameras on the market imho, but that's the last thing on someone's mind when buying a phone.
    10-06-13 11:27 AM
    lol @ people disliking android but piggy-back off android apps

you people seriously amaze me
    Etios, Bsbudd, Saiga and 2 others like this.
    10-06-13 11:30 AM
    lol @ people disliking android but piggy-back off android apps

you people seriously amaze me
    Using an app has nothing to do with enjoying/liking an operating system.
    10-06-13 11:32 AM
    I would prefer the size of the nexus 5. It is narrower and shorter with the same screen size. It is also lighter with the same soft touch back feel of the Z30. I'm willing to bet the 32gb one will be at most $450, shocked if at $399. I'll have both phones. I've always liked widgets and know how to use them to provide quick info at a glance.
    10-06-13 11:35 AM
    In case you missed it, the leaked specs of the LG-built Google Nexus 5 is what I and many of us hoped for the Z30.

4.95-inch1080p IPS LCD
    8MPrear camera with OIS; 1.3MP front camera
    2300mAh battery

Of course the kicker is that this beauty will probably retail around $500.

Posted via CB10
    Yes it is true that I would like a higher screen resolution. But I really like the Playbook's resolution and it is only 195ppi. So I'm sure that the Z30 will be just fine!

The camera you mention seems the same, or perhaps worse than the Z30.

The battery is smaller than the Z30 (BYO charging cable?)

And the processor doesn't matter too much since Android bloatware slows things down. All the reports say that the Z30 is fast and smooth.

Lastly, the price might be a bit lower, but not by much. I'm planning on waiting a month or two for the Z30's price to drop.

All-in-all, this actually makes the Z30 look good!

The issues are already known (average resolution, average camera, fewer apps) and there are some great strengths (BB10 is becoming more refined, super battery, focus on productivity)!
    10-06-13 11:38 AM
    Using an app has nothing to do with enjoying/liking an operating system.
    yeah, because stealing apks off a random website and repackaging them is VERY VERY secure

not to mention the VERY VERY fluid and cohesive UI present in apps designed for an entirely different platform

you're ABSOLUTELY right, these two things do not affect the OS at all
    10-06-13 11:45 AM

And the processor doesn't matter too much since Android bloatware slows things down.
    The camera has optical image stabilization vs Z30's digital image stabilization.

This is a really untrue generalization not applicable to nexus devices. Stock android is as clean as it gets. It's like buying a PC from HP and having preloaded software vs installing a new copy of windows yourself with no bloatware.

Its price is a few hundred dollars cheaper. Battery life won't be as good as Z30 since Z30 uses AMOLED, has a lower display resolution, bigger battery and a slower processor. Honestly though, we don't know what improves KitKat will bring but I'm willing to bet Z30 still takes the cake when it comes to battery life.

Let's try to have a fair take from both perspectives.
    10-06-13 11:45 AM
    Yes it is true that I would like a higher screen resolution. But I really like the Playbook's resolution and it is only 195ppi. So I'm sure that the Z30 will be just fine!

The battery is smaller than the Z30 (BYO charging cable?)

And the processor doesn't matter too much since Android bloatware slows things down. All the reports say that the Z30 is fast and smooth.

Lastly, the price might be a bit lower, but not by much. I'm planning on waiting a month or two for the Z30's price to drop.

All-in-all, this actually makes the Z30 look good!

The issues are already known (average resolution, average camera, fewer apps) and there are some great strengths (BB10 is becoming more refined, super battery, focus on productivity)!
    there is no bloatware on a nexus
    raysgrumpy likes this.
    10-06-13 11:47 AM
    Hands down the nexus 5. Superior apps, superior support (from a software pov), and superior customization.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    10-06-13 11:49 AM
    I'm guessing that question is directed towards me?
    Well, imo it has the same sound quality, better screen, better battery, better os, faster speed, but less apps, unless you convert yourself.

Htc never made good phones, and the one proves it
    How can the 720p of the Z30 be better than the 1080p that's on the One??

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 12:02 PM
    Android itself is a pile of steaming bloatware. Enjoy your data mined Google device.

Also, in terms of engineering, if you add more RAM, you run the risk of using more battery.
    10-06-13 12:02 PM
    There is a design flaw in your logic is running Android! You could put the best possible hardware but if the operating system isn't utilizing the power than the high end specifications don't mean as much as what the operating system is using.

Posted via CB10
    My thoughts exactly. Z30 is a BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10 from BB Q10
    damien kupuku likes this.
    10-06-13 12:13 PM
    Small battery and it's ips lcd

Posted via CB10
    It's based on the LG G2 screen tech that uses much less battery life...and that phone is a battery life monster. I expect this to have very good battery life, not as good as the Z30's claimed battery life, but easily better than the likes of the Z10.
    10-06-13 12:21 PM
    Android itself is a pile of steaming bloatware. Enjoy your data mined Google device.

Also, in terms of engineering, if you add more RAM, you run the risk of using more battery.
    How the heck can you follow tech and not know that the Nexus devices are pure stock Android, zero bloatware?

The Snapdragon 800 is the second most powerful SoC out there (next to Apple's A7). There will be absolutely no shred of lag on the Nexus 5.
    raysgrumpy, Drew808, Etios and 5 others like this.
    10-06-13 12:23 PM
    yeah, because stealing apks off a random website and repackaging them is VERY VERY secure

not to mention the VERY VERY fluid and cohesive UI present in apps designed for an entirely different platform

you're ABSOLUTELY right, these two things do not affect the OS at all
    BlackBerry does not support sideloading. The whole porting process was to get android devs on board with BB10. A sideloader downloads at his/her own risk. No one ever said it was secure. It's a workaround made by the BB community, not by BB themselves.

As to fluidness and cohesiveness of the UI, isn't better to have a buggy/ugly app then no app at all?

(and as long as the apps being sideloaded were purchased by the sideloader or was free originally free, no one is stealing anything.)
    10-06-13 12:25 PM
    Actually it is what you want from your device,i love bb for its multitasking and keep moving fast in my personal and professional life
    10-06-13 12:29 PM
    love the z30,class apart
    10-06-13 12:34 PM
    How can the 720p of the Z30 be better than the 1080p that's on the One??

Posted via CB10
    5 inches vs 4.7 inches

Super amoled vs Super LCD3

It's an opinion, not a fact.
    10-06-13 12:38 PM
    In case you missed it, the leaked specs of the LG-built Google Nexus 5 is what I and many of us hoped for the Z30.

4.95-inch1080p IPS LCD
    Snapdragon 800 quad-core CPU (MSM8947) at 2.3GHz
    2GB RAM
    32GB storage
    Wireless charging
    8MPrear camera with OIS; 1.3MP front camera
    2300mAh battery
    Accelerometer; ambient light sensor; Compass; Gyroscope; Proximity; Pressure sensors
    HDMI out via Slimport
    Notification LED
    NFC; Bluetooth 3 (?); A-GPS; 802.11 b/g/n wifi

Of course the kicker is that this beauty will probably retail around $500.

It's definitely not easy remaining a loyal Crackberry-er sometimes.

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    I'm getting one. I don't know when, but I'll be on Google play everyday until it launches.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 12:39 PM
    and which Blackberry phone is good? I am very curious since they are all rubbish, software included..the z30 screen is awful compared to any flagship Android phones
    Why are you here?

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 12:42 PM
    Why are you here?

Posted via CB10
    Some people just need attention.
    10-06-13 12:57 PM
    I just retired my Nexus 4 for a LG G2, it's crazy fast, no lag (hard to believe for some of you on here), has the nicest screen I've ever seen and the battery life is amazing. Being a heavy user, my N4 would last 12-16 hours, the G2 has lasted up to 36 hours so far. The camera takes amazing pics, definitely love this phone and highly recommend it.

The tiny bezels make the screen 5.2" (0.5" bigger than my Nexus) yet the overall size is barely bigger than the Nexus and smaller than the Z30.
    If the N4 used to last 16 hours with you then you're no heavy user. The only shortcoming (back then) of the N4 is its extremely weak battery. This all over the Internet.

Personally, I wouldn't touch any LG device with a 10m pole.

BB10 is a sweet spot for me between iOS and Android. Each OS being extreme in its own way.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-06-13 01:10 PM
    No microSD, no thank you.

The HDMI port does look interesting, though. I don't know what Slimport is, but I hope it's not some semi-proprietary gimmick like MHL.

If this isn't around $300 like the Nexus 4 was, IMO, the sales numbers will be pretty bad.
    pantlesspenguin and Toodeurep like this.
    10-06-13 01:14 PM
224 1234 ...