Lol you're clueless.
    Android devices beat the z30 in every single way if those are the criteria you judge things by.
    Bigger screen.
    Bigger batteries.
    Nfc.
    More live tiles and widgets.
    Side by side app running in phablets.

You need to think this through, you're silly.

Bottom line is apple offers more apps and accessories and has a better ecosystem than bb10 by far.
    There are exactly zero reasons for an apple user to switch to bb10.
    Your subjective 'better multitasking' on bb10 is almost universally seen as inferior to everything else on offer.

Your comments make no sense. First removable batteries are good, then BlackBerry discontinues them.
    First specs don't matter, then you're throwing out the battery size specs of the z30.
    Comparing battery sizes between oses is pointless, it's about how efficient the Os is. And bb10 is a horribly inefficient Os compared to every other option.

Posted via CB10
    Not so fast:

I was an Apple iPhone user since 2008 and I switched to my first BlackBerry with the Z10. It's much better. Why did I switch? Because each iPhone is essentially the same and why I stopped at the 4 - tested each new one and it wasn't worth upgrading, and iOS is boring. The new iOS 7 is a bit better, but it looks childish and not nearly as intuitive. I kept my iPhone so I can stay informed about it. I very rarely use it. I have every app I wanted on BlackBerry 10. BlackBerry 10 does the same tasks in a more efficient manner due to the gestures and keyboard. Yes, the iPhone has better benchmarks (aside from HTML5), but my BlackBerry Z10 has better battery life, better and bigger screen imo, better front camera (iPhone has better rear camera), no dumb home button, far more built in features, an infinitely better notification system, non proprietary inputs, an HDMI port, infinitely better keyboard, standardised DLNA (no need to buy an Apple TV), more frequent updates with new features (at least in Canada), removable battery is useful, I've actually used NFC to make purchases which always impressed iPhone users, expandable storage is useful, the play/pause button is great, and to be honest I prefer BlackBerry Link (with its Remote File Access) to iTunes (horrid application). BlackBerry 10 doesn't have security holes, and offers full device encryption to make it that much more secure since I'm not on BES10. Also, I love the LED - every phone should have one.
    If one has a BlackBerry PlayBook, there's also BlackBerry Bridge.

The iPhone/Apple has a great design and build quality (I personally prefer my Z10 design, and build quality is very good), more mature os, much bigger ecosystem including more apps and accessories, better rear camera, thinner and lighter (neither matter to me), non-carrier restricted updates, better included headphones, better benchmarks (does this really matter?), a few features I miss (ie. access to the quick settings menu from anywhere, and separate backgrounds for home screen and lock screen), a better (but not louder) speaker, and infinitely better marketing. The iPhone is good at what it does.

Neither phone is perfect, but BlackBerry 10 is great and not bad like you and others imply.

BlackBerry needs to improve the OS resource efficiency (it's not terrible though), the app catalogue (it has greatly improved since launch), improve their own app features (looking at BlackBerry Maps, although Apple Maps was a disaster), the terrible marketing, a few bugs here and there, their track record for meeting launch schedules, add more legacy features for those that want them, and maybe for people like you they should release a killer spec'd phone.

In my opinion, BlackBerry and Apple have more in common than either does with Android/Google. I feel it'd be easier for an iPhone user to switch to BlackBerry 10, than it would be for one to switch to Android (as in how the software works).

I don't like seeing people bash another platform based on lies or half truths. I don't care if someone uses an Android or IPhone. I do care if one does so only based on lies though. In the end, if one is happy that is what matters.
    They could be happier on BlackBerry 10 though :P

BlackBerry 10 doesn't need an app for that because BlackBerry 10 already has it built in.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 08:14 PM
    I don't get it, you claim you're moving from iphone to bb10 for those reasons, but every single one of those things is done better on android than bb10. Every single one. We'll except the hub, but I can't see that as anything but a negative. And android has other advantages as well.

My minds far from made up, BlackBerry could make another device that's good and I'd stay with them, but of the current devices I have what I think is the best one, and it's flat out awful compared to my 9900, except the camera on that was terrible.

Bb7 over android and ios?
    Bis, trackpad, hardware keys for calls, charging points for docks,Notification customisation, holster profiles, BlackBerry email, viber availability,Native banking apps for many international banks, and great build quality. Great signal retention and phone quality as well.

I can't believe bb10 was meant to be an upgrade, the q is a step backwards in almost every way, except for the camera.

Posted via CB10
    I personally despise Android. It's a cluttered mess. Sure, it has a ton of features (too many and many that are just gimmicks), but the implementation is bad. For the size of the battery, I think the Z30 has better battery life. I like that BlackBerry 10 is clean, modern, and efficient. Obviously many, many people like Android, but not me.

Android doesn't have the Hub, the keyboard is debatable (I didn't like the swipe one (where one draws their finger from letter to letter), cell reception is supposed to be the best on BlackBerry, I've heard that the speakers are better on the Z30 than the HTC One.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    12-10-13 08:32 PM
    I personally prefer the Z30 over any Android devices any day.
    Although Android is a decent platform, I couldn't find a one phone that satisfies all my needs out of the box.
    Here's some examples:
    HTC One : Amazing speakers, great screen but so so battery life, no support for SD and the ultra pixel camera doesn't cut it for every scenarios
    S4 : nice 1080p samoled,good camera, battery life better than the one but the UI doesn't cut it and the speakers can't compare
    Note 3: too big, same Samsung UI, better battery life but doesn't have good stereo speakers.
    Nexus 5: great price ! Good specs, terrible battery life as reported on reviews and by users. Camera is average
    Moto X: doesn't have the 1080p screen the others have but still performs well, great specs great battery life, no SD support. Google now is nice.

Now on the Z30:
    Dual Stereo Speakers
    SD support (priority)
    Fantastic battery life (priority)
    Paratek Antenna : giveing me great reception and better download speeds (priority)
    Miracast
    USB OTG
    Remote file access
    HUB
    Keyboard (priority)
    Support for most Android apps by directly installing apks
    Encryption
    And the BB10 OS of course.

Mind you the Z30 only cost me 370 since it was during the black Friday weekend. Overall it's great when it comes to communication, work environment, performance, storage, and even media consumption.
    So to everyone saying BB10 has no advantages over other competitors, please stop, we all have different needs.

Z30 : No more peasants battery life
    Last edited by jon4400; 12-10-13 at 10:32 PM.
    12-10-13 09:07 PM
    Lol you're clueless.
    Android devices beat the z30 in every single way if those are the criteria you judge things by.
    Bigger screen.
    Bigger batteries.
    Nfc.
    More live tiles and widgets.
    Side by side app running in phablets.

You need to think this through, you're silly.

Bottom line is apple offers more apps and accessories and has a better ecosystem than bb10 by far.
    There are exactly zero reasons for an apple user to switch to bb10.
    Your subjective 'better multitasking' on bb10 is almost universally seen as inferior to everything else on offer.

Your comments make no sense. First removable batteries are good, then BlackBerry discontinues them.
    First specs don't matter, then you're throwing out the battery size specs of the z30.
    Comparing battery sizes between oses is pointless, it's about how efficient the Os is. And bb10 is a horribly inefficient Os compared to every other option.

Posted via CB10
    There are a lot of thoughts jammed into this post, but I don't think it you can denigrate the Z30 to this extent. The Z30 has a lot of attributes and it goes beyond Apps.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    12-10-13 10:14 PM
    That's nice, care to share your reasons? Genuinely interested. Cos once a keyboard accessory hits I'm genuinely considering moving the other way.
    Had to reboot my device last week, spent 10 mins in front of people waiting for the hub to initialise before I could search for an old email, got some deserved stick for being the only person with a BlackBerry.
    I can't see any reason to stay with BlackBerry except for the keyboard, and it kills me that legacy devices just needed better specs and a better camera, bb10 is 200 million dollars on QNX, a few years of development, and lots of hopes on an Os that's as far from BlackBerry as possible.

Posted via CB10
    I would love to have my 9930 back with double the horsepower and a 4G/LTE radio. It ran circles around my 3 Z10's as a communication device.

I'm currently running an iPhone 5 and thinking about getting a Z30. I've had two different 5's and my girlfriend has a 5 now after her z10 had so many bugs. The thing we don't like about the iPhones is that the reception is average/poor, and the call quality is poor compared to our Blackberrys. I've had a Storm 1, Storm 2, Bold 9650, Bold 9930, and a Z10. Every one of my Blackberrys had better reception, better call quality, and worked better with my Bluetooth headset than the iPhone 5. The iPhone 5 is great for everything except being a phone. I'm hoping that if I get a z30 it is a lot better than the z10.
    Last edited by cgr1971; 12-11-13 at 04:32 AM.
    12-11-13 04:22 AM
    I'm currently running an iPhone 5 and thinking about getting a Z30. I'm hoping that if I get a z30 it is a lot better than the z10.
    I've had nothing but berry's for the past 6-7 years and the Z30 I'm currently rockin is the best one yet. I think you will be happy with it, especially if you are willing to update to the 1259 leak.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 09:25 AM
    Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 10:28 AM
82 ... 234