I love these phone wars comments
    12-10-13 02:05 AM
    Now this is only comparing the Z10 and the Iphone5s, which I believe is a close race, however I didn't compare it to the Z30 because the Iphone5s isn't in the same category IMO, great phone, but it's not even close! To each their own, if the Iphone5s is your phone then congrats, it's a good device. However, Security, Screen Size, true multitasking, NFC, keyboard, Battery Life are more important to me than having a toy with IOS7.

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    You're funny.
    You say removable battery is awesome, but BlackBerry dropped it for the Z30.
    Security is awesome, but BlackBerry are encouraging sideloading Android apps which brings it's own problems with security.
    Screen size is debatable, some people like having screens that fit in your pocket rather than holding an A4 sized screen to your face.
    The true multitasking on BB10 won't allow more than 8 apps or headless apps and background push, so much for that.
    NFC is hardly used, Apple's new iBeacon thing is already used more than NFC which has been around for years.
    The physical keyboard is a draw for many BlackBerry users, so they released an all touch Z first.
    The iPhone may soon get a third party case with a physical keyboard. That's ignoring Android and all the varieties of inputs offered there.

I think you need to do some research, you're making yourself look silly.
    I've used Android devices, iOS devices, legacy BBs and now BB10, and I know which one I'd label the toy.
    Hint - It's the one that looks very pretty and can't do anything really outstandingly well, and it rhymes with VV10.
    EddieAIG likes this.
    12-10-13 04:46 AM
    Specs have nothing to do with the phone wars except for the small few that surf forums. The "truth" is in marketing. Apple has told the masses what they want regardless of its value as a usable phone. They could market the iStick and tell people it is a better tool than any before and people would line up for it. I will remain loyal to my BlackBerry Z30 because overall it is a better device from a usage perspective (and yes I have used a 5s and S3). You will rarely convince an Apple user to try another device, they will cry fowl "We have more apps! And we are better!", at this point we are better means we are popular and I am familiar with this phone, I don't want something new. Marketing wins every time.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 05:06 AM
    You make it sound like people are being brainwashed. It is even easier than that. They like what their phones do. They don't need to switch. They don't want to switch. BB10 offers them no reasons to switch. Over 98% of smartphone sales last quarter went to devices other than BlackBerrys. The problems go much deeper than you can admit.

They don't cry fowl - they see no reason to change to a new OS with very limited app support (WAIT YOU CAN SIDELOAD AND 10.2 WILL FIX EVERYTHING). Out of time guys. The ship has sailed. Your passion is admirable, but isn't convincing anyone.
    ajst222 and EddieAIG like this.
    12-10-13 05:09 AM
    The true multitasking on BB10 won't allow more than 8 apps or headless apps and background push, so much for that.
    NFC is hardly used, Apple's new iBeacon thing is already used more than NFC which has been around for years.
    The physical keyboard is a draw for many BlackBerry users, so they released an all touch Z first.
    The iPhone may soon get a third party case with a physical keyboard. That's ignoring Android and all the varieties of inputs offered there.

I've used Android devices, iOS devices, legacy BBs and now BB10, and I know which one I'd label the toy.
    Hint - It's the one that looks very pretty and can't do anything really outstandingly well, and it rhymes with VV10.
    And I beacon which is limited to ios is a better standard than nfc. Where I beacon requires the use of battery powered external devices to power then while nfc does not. It might get highlighted for use at stadiums but generally u see far more products with nfc implementations. I find your opinion hard to believe.

The limit for active frames is probably in place to allow the os to run at peak efficency. There's only so much that goes around esp when you have running tasks. I mean jolla only has 9 or something limit

Yeah BlackBerry probably should have launched with the q10 first or at the same time but they obviously had to show that they could make a decent touch screen phone. That's all in the past and one can still say that BlackBerry make a better physical keyboard than others now that the q5 and q10 are out and about. Development like the typo keyboard goes to show there's still a market for them.
    12-10-13 05:35 AM
    So I've done a survey where you can clearly see the difference of benchmarks results between each platforms. This creates an evidence that most of the results are just about "SOFTWARE" that sports the device. For example - Lumia 1520 has same SoC as Note 3 but the benchmark results are drasticaly lower than one would have expected. How is that possible? Oh wait... WinP8 vs Android.

So, based on this, there is not clear evidence that Z30's SoC (MSM8960AB) using Blackberry 10 OS is more/less powerfull than the SoCs that are other platform using. There is huge abyss between the each platforms thus making these tests useless and nonsense. The only I can say about incredible results of A7 chips is that Apple is highly mastering software optimalization and its cooperation with Apple's own created SoC = outstanding results. No matter what, I was surprised to see Lumia 1520 with those "low" figures - clear evidence.

MSM8960AB is also custom made for BBZ30/BB10 OS use, isn't it? The only things we can compare between phones are the specs, we clearly know and that can be compared. There are only few figures we know - fx. HTML5 results and guess what... go look yourself at html5test.com

Benchmark results are just indicators/"pointers" but not actual and true results. Apple may/ may not have the most powerfull hardware but the most important fact is clear: compared to Windows Phone 8 and Android its software is damn milion times more friendly with its hardware.
    (picture is edited - HTC one found on page 3 and Lumia on page 7 - GFXBench – unified graphics benchmark based on DXBenchmark (DirectX) and GLBenchmark (OpenGL ES))
    Z30 vs Iphone5S!!!  Did Apple blind it's consumer?!!-bench.png
    12-10-13 08:12 AM
    And I beacon which is limited to ios is a better standard than nfc. Where I beacon requires the use of battery powered external devices to power then while nfc does not. It might get highlighted for use at stadiums but generally u see far more products with nfc implementations. I find your opinion hard to believe.

The limit for active frames is probably in place to allow the os to run at peak efficency. There's only so much that goes around esp when you have running tasks. I mean jolla only has 9 or something limit

Yeah BlackBerry probably should have launched with the q10 first or at the same time but they obviously had to show that they could make a decent touch screen phone. That's all in the past and one can still say that BlackBerry make a better physical keyboard than others now that the q5 and q10 are out and about. Development like the typo keyboard goes to show there's still a market for them.
    I don't have an I device so I can't talk about I beacon in too much depth apart from, if apple threw their weight behind nfc, it would actually do something.
    In the uk, I've had nfc on my 9900 and my z10 and my q10 and it's been absolutely useless on all of them because nobody really makes use of its potential.
    As such ibeacon already has a leg up on nfc, if apple can get people to use it, there will actually be people using it instead of just talking about it like with nfc.

The 8 apps only for efficiency thing is a smokescreen, I find it hard to take that seriously. QNX was supposed to bring efficiency and multitasking and what not, instead you have an Os that struggles with multitasking, does less than the other competing oses, and still has people claiming it does true multitasking. The minute you need your 9th app, the myth of true multitasking is exposed on bb10.

Posted via CB10
    EddieAIG likes this.
    12-10-13 08:55 AM
    You're right, the gpu in the ip5s is much better.
    In real world use the 320 gpu is only used for a 720p screen with 295ppi therefore I might be able to squeeze a lot more frames, that's why I wanted to have on screen benchmarks of the phone as whole. So technically having a 330 might have been an overkill.
    Can you please share this website you're using, might need to check a few results myself.

Z30 : No more peasants battery life
    I'd like to see a benchmark test for the radio and antenna of the Z30 and Z10 in comparison to the competition. After all, aren't these things meaningless in the real world if you can't connect to the Internet? I'd also like the same test for left handed people also.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 09:35 AM
    Lol smh come on!!!... someone thought your z30 was a iPhone?? Really!?!?! LOL the stories you guys come up with.
    Didn't the OP say the friends were drunk? Why do you find the story hard to believe? Have you ever been drunk?

Simply enjoying my Z30 - - - - Channel # C000E218D
    12-10-13 09:39 AM
    You're funny.
    You say removable battery is awesome, but BlackBerry dropped it for the Z30.
    Security is awesome, but BlackBerry are encouraging sideloading Android apps which brings it's own problems with security.
    Screen size is debatable, some people like having screens that fit in your pocket rather than holding an A4 sized screen to your face.

Hahahaha, you comments are laughable and never ACTUALLY proved anything! When you have a 2880 mAh battery, the need for a removable battery isn't as necessary, something Apple should look at. I never said that the Z30 has a removable battery, so get your facts right. BlackBerry gives the option of having a device with a removable battery(Z10), or one with great battery life(Z30), something Apple can't say. To say that NFC isn't important to you isn't the point, it's a simple feature that Apple neglected.

BlackBerry multitasking vs Apple. Cmon man, don't try to compare this, BlackBerry runs live tiles, and yes, you can run 8 at a time which is plenty. Apple has made you double click to switch between open boxes, that don't do anything!! That is not true multitasking.

Then you say Screen size is "debatable", is that your way of dismissing it? Of course it's debatable, but not having a bigger screen doesn't make it irrelevant. Why do you think Apple is coming up with a bigger device next year? Because it matters to the customer, period.

Security :
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-TWO-days.html

Enough said '.

CerveloJohn likes this.
    12-10-13 09:59 AM
    Hahahaha, you comments are laughable and never ACTUALLY proved anything! When you have a 2880 mAh battery, the need for a removable battery isn't as necessary, something Apple should look at. I never said that the Z30 has a removable battery, so get your facts right. BlackBerry gives the option of having a device with a removable battery(Z10), or one with great battery life(Z30), something Apple can't say. To say that NFC isn't important to you isn't the point, it's a simple feature that Apple neglected.

BlackBerry multitasking vs Apple. Cmon man, don't try to compare this, BlackBerry runs live tiles, and yes, you can run 8 at a time which is plenty. Apple has made you double click to switch between open boxes, that don't do anything!! That is not true multitasking.

Then you say Screen size is "debatable", is that your way of dismissing it? Of course it's debatable, but not having a bigger screen doesn't make it irrelevant. Why do you think Apple is coming up with a bigger device next year? Because it matters to the customer, period.

Security :
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-TWO-days.html

Enough said '.

Lol you're clueless.
    Android devices beat the z30 in every single way if those are the criteria you judge things by.
    Bigger screen.
    Bigger batteries.
    Nfc.
    More live tiles and widgets.
    Side by side app running in phablets.

You need to think this through, you're silly.

Bottom line is apple offers more apps and accessories and has a better ecosystem than bb10 by far.
    There are exactly zero reasons for an apple user to switch to bb10.
    Your subjective 'better multitasking' on bb10 is almost universally seen as inferior to everything else on offer.

Your comments make no sense. First removable batteries are good, then BlackBerry discontinues them.
    First specs don't matter, then you're throwing out the battery size specs of the z30.
    Comparing battery sizes between oses is pointless, it's about how efficient the Os is. And bb10 is a horribly inefficient Os compared to every other option.

Posted via CB10
    EddieAIG and ajst222 like this.
    12-10-13 10:34 AM
    Lol you're clueless.
    Android devices beat the z30 in every single way if those are the criteria you judge things by.
    Bigger screen.
    Bigger batteries.
    Nfc.
    More live tiles and widgets.
    Side by side app running in phablets.

You need to think this through, you're silly.

Bottom line is apple offers more apps and accessories and has a better ecosystem than bb10 by far.
    Your subjective 'better multitasking' on bb10 is almost universally seen as inferior to everything else on offer.

Your comments make no sense. First removable batteries are good, then BlackBerry discontinues them.
    First specs don't matter, then you're throwing out the battery size specs of the z30.
    Comparing battery sizes between oses is pointless, it's about how efficient the Os is. And bb10 is a horribly inefficient Os compared to every other option.

Posted via CB10
    Do you listen to yourself? Are you actually reading what is written?!! Now you're talking about Android?? The thread is Z30 vs Iphone5S, we weren't even talking Android! Then you go off on a bs rant!??? Hahah, guess you aren't paying attention. Also who said specs don't matter? Not me. They are not the end all be all, but when it comes to battery life it's very important, regardless of the OS! I'm not saying the iphone isn't a good device, because it is, we are just comparing the options and what both phones have to offer ro the customer. Settle down, you seem to be upset about nothing.
    Also to say that there is "no reason for iPhone users to switch to BB10" is false. Sure there isn't any game changing features, but that doesn't make it irrelevant to switch. Believe it or not, Security, Battery Life, and Email matter to a lot of people, you are just too closed minded to see that.

SteveBB10 likes this.
    12-10-13 11:04 AM
    There's other tests i'd like to make also. I think for real world use, speed and accuracy of typing should always be top of the list along with radio reception of course, I mean they are the big two, am I right? Next, I think should be battery life, I mean, how useful is a dead battery? Not much right? Then of course we need to look at security. I'd think that has to be number 4. Obviously, if you happen to be the president then it's number one. But for most people, 4 will do. How is the iPhone stacking up? I'm genuinely interested in some test results if there are any. Also need to test screen visibility for those with less than perfect eyesight of course and also the respective app stores need to be thoroughly examined and catalogued in order to ascertain which one has the most duplicates (apps that essentially do the same thing) these things relate to actual use, which of course overrides anything else as we don't buy them as fashion accessories do we? Then of course, there's price as for some that's a real deal breaker for instance, how much does it cost to have an 80 gig Z30 or Z10 compared to an 80 gig iPhone. and lastly we can look at processor speed.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 11:10 AM
    I don't have an I device so I can't talk about I beacon in too much depth apart from, if apple threw their weight behind nfc, it would actually do something.
    In the uk, I've had nfc on my 9900 and my z10 and my q10 and it's been absolutely useless on all of them because nobody really makes use of its potential.
    As such ibeacon already has a leg up on nfc, if apple can get people to use it, there will actually be people using it instead of just talking about it like with nfc.

The 8 apps only for efficiency thing is a smokescreen, I find it hard to take that seriously. QNX was supposed to bring efficiency and multitasking and what not, instead you have an Os that struggles with multitasking, does less than the other competing oses, and still has people claiming it does true multitasking. The minute you need your 9th app, the myth of true multitasking is exposed on bb10.

Good points about ibeacon. it's obviously gaining traction in places like macys, iPhone stores and I think Yankee stadium and that shows confidence in its use but all these places are separated islands and water and is completely useless and not universal unlike nfc. The implications of hacking is possible with its longer range so I don't trust it as a payment option. It to advertise to me. I guess

Nfc is so far more useful for me like sharing and connecting to my music equipment.

Nfc doesn't require batteries either. I don't understand apple sometimes. They refuse to take on standards like hdmi, nfc and standard micro usb. Yeah I believe had apple taken nfc on it would be more prevalent and far more useful than the proprietary ibeacon. Maybe they needed the longer range, I certainly dont.

Regarding multitasking. We'll I'm no programming engineer but software has limits. I m sure they could have 10-20 apps open but that doesn't mean the experience is going to be great. You'll eventually have to close apps on other systems.

With more ram, bb10 could up that amount but like I said with jolla, they also placed limits but it's not something they plan on keeping that way.
    Before on bb os6 I could technically open as many as I want but it'll get to a point where my phone just could handle it anymore and it would crash.

All os playdorms currently have limits. It's what you do with those limits that counts and BlackBerry does more than ios when it comes to multitasking, sharing and real time operating between apps.

Ios has a better ecosystem, the best of the lot but I know it's not something that attracts me over but for many its the main attraction. But to dismiss BlackBerry for not having anything else to offer would be ignorant. BlackBerry offers choice in hardware, security, better messaging and has universal hardware standards inputs/outputs etc.

These things matter to me and the BlackBerry ecosystem continues to grow, I don't see it being a disadvantaged.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    12-10-13 02:03 PM
    Lol you're clueless.
    Posted via CB10
    I can think of one very good reason. That horrible looking UI in ios that looks like the interface in one of those learning games for toddlers.

At the end of the day, it comes down to user preference. If your a fancy kind of person who has a proclivity for pastels, then the iPhone is for you. Personally, I prefer the more professional UI of BB10. But, I am a grown man after all...

Disclaimer: My daughter in college has a 5c.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    12-10-13 02:49 PM
    Good points about ibeacon. it's obviously gaining traction in places like macys, iPhone stores and I think Yankee stadium and that shows confidence in its use but all these places are separated islands and water and is completely useless and not universal unlike nfc. The implications of hacking is possible with its longer range so I don't trust it as a payment option. It to advertise to me. I guess

Nfc is so far more useful for me like sharing and connecting to my music equipment.

Nfc doesn't require batteries either. I don't understand apple sometimes. They refuse to take on standards like hdmi, nfc and standard micro usb. Yeah I believe had apple taken nfc on it would be more prevalent and far more useful than the proprietary ibeacon. Maybe they needed the longer range, I certainly dont.

Regarding multitasking. We'll I'm no programming engineer but software has limits. I m sure they could have 10-20 apps open but that doesn't mean the experience is going to be great. You'll eventually have to close apps on other systems.

With more ram, bb10 could up that amount but like I said with jolla, they also placed limits but it's not something they plan on keeping that way.
    Before on bb os6 I could technically open as many as I want but it'll get to a point where my phone just could handle it anymore and it would crash.

All os playdorms currently have limits. It's what you do with those limits that counts and BlackBerry does more than ios when it comes to multitasking, sharing and real time operating between apps.

Ios has a better ecosystem, the best of the lot but I know it's not something that attracts me over but for many its the main attraction. But to dismiss BlackBerry for not having anything else to offer would be ignorant. BlackBerry offers choice in hardware, security, better messaging and has universal hardware standards inputs/outputs etc.

These things matter to me and the BlackBerry ecosystem continues to grow, I don't see it being a disadvantaged.
    BlackBerry offers a choice in hardware you're right, and I run a q10 as my daily driver because oof my choice to use a physical keyboard.

Security? I used to tout BlackBerry security when I ran os7. The fact is most consumers don't care about security. And I think that's fair, you give up loads of security to use facebook, Gmail, Google storage option, yet most people use them, it's a trade off most consumers are willing to make.
    Additionally, with bb10 I would personally never tell another consumer about its security. When even BlackBerry staff are now pushing the sideloading of android apps, it's time to call time on consumer security.
    I have a sideloaded banking app that I had to run through an Apk to bar converter. I have no idea what they may have added to it. I feel much much more insecure oon bb10 than I did on android, because I'm getting hacked versions of apps from non official sources. It's the least secure I've ever felt as a consumer.

Messaging/communications? I loved my legacy BlackBerry for that. Now? BBM on bb10 is more buggy than legacy. Whatsapp doesn't give me alerts. The devs? They say it's cos the hub is a poorly programmed bugffest.
    The hub itself takes over 10 minutes to initialise which means for 10 mins after boot my phone is absolutely useless for messaging. No ability to open more than one message at a time. No viber.
    No BlackBerry email, just the type other oses were using back when BlackBerry were pushing BlackBerry email through bis as superior.

I use my bb10 phone for the keyboard. But I hate it when fanboys throw out things like QNX, microkernel, or other random words to talk about how awesome bb10 is, how it's just marketing that's brainwashed people into staying away, how other devices are toys though they have more productivity apps than bb10 by far.
    As a bb10 owner from launch, I can say I would genuinely love someone else to make a keyboarded phone, because nobody else promises as much and delivers as little as BlackBerry. I pay for these devices, I shouldn't have to make excuses for why they suck.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 03:10 PM
    Usually when an Android user talks about specs, iOS users say specs don't matter, all about user experience. Now, iOS users are saying specs all matter and iPhone 5S is the best with benchmarks to prove it. When something new and better comes along with killer specs, they will again be talking about how specs don't matter, it's all about the iOS experience....right. Heard this over and over throughout the years like a broken record.....
    12-10-13 03:46 PM
    I just upgraded to a Z30 from an iPhone 5.

I assure you, I didn't do it for no reason.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 03:48 PM
    I just upgraded to a Z30 from an iPhone 5.

I assure you, I didn't do it for no reason.

Posted via CB10
    That's nice, care to share your reasons? Genuinely interested. Cos once a keyboard accessory hits I'm genuinely considering moving the other way.
    Had to reboot my device last week, spent 10 mins in front of people waiting for the hub to initialise before I could search for an old email, got some deserved stick for being the only person with a BlackBerry.
    I can't see any reason to stay with BlackBerry except for the keyboard, and it kills me that legacy devices just needed better specs and a better camera, bb10 is 200 million dollars on QNX, a few years of development, and lots of hopes on an Os that's as far from BlackBerry as possible.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 03:53 PM
    That's nice, care to share your reasons? Genuinely interested. Cos once a keyboard accessory hits I'm genuinely considering moving the other way.
    Had to reboot my device last week, spent 10 mins in front of people waiting for the hub to initialise before I could search for an old email, got some deserved stick for being the only person with a BlackBerry.
    I can't see any reason to stay with BlackBerry except for the keyboard, and it kills me that legacy devices just needed better specs and a better camera, bb10 is 200 million dollars on QNX, a few years of development, and lots of hopes on an Os that's as far from BlackBerry as possible.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like your mind is made up, but here are a few reasons:

Bigger screen
    NFC
    Amazing external speakers
    Better Wi-Fi and LTE reception
    Expandable storage
    Better battery life
    LED indicator
    Better virtual keyboard
    Hub
    Active Frames
    Notification customization

OK, I guess that was more than a few.

Posted from my ? Z30 via CB10.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    12-10-13 04:03 PM
    Sounds like your mind is made up, but here are a few reasons:

Bigger screen
    NFC
    Amazing external speakers
    Better Wi-Fi and LTE reception
    Expandable storage
    Better battery life
    LED indicator
    Better virtual keyboard
    Hub
    Active Frames
    Notification customization

OK, I guess that was more than a few.

Posted from my ? Z30 via CB10.
    I don't get it, you claim you're moving from iphone to bb10 for those reasons, but every single one of those things is done better on android than bb10. Every single one. We'll except the hub, but I can't see that as anything but a negative. And android has other advantages as well.

My minds far from made up, BlackBerry could make another device that's good and I'd stay with them, but of the current devices I have what I think is the best one, and it's flat out awful compared to my 9900, except the camera on that was terrible.

Bb7 over android and ios?
    Bis, trackpad, hardware keys for calls, charging points for docks,Notification customisation, holster profiles, BlackBerry email, viber availability,Native banking apps for many international banks, and great build quality. Great signal retention and phone quality as well.

I can't believe bb10 was meant to be an upgrade, the q is a step backwards in almost every way, except for the camera.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 04:13 PM
    I don't get it, you claim you're moving from iphone to bb10 for those reasons, but every single one of those things is done better on android than bb10. Every single one. We'll except the hub, but I can't see that as anything but a negative. And android has other advantages as well.
    Except one of the purposes of Android is to gather as much information about you as possible and feed it to Google so they can make money selling it to advertisers for targeted advertising. Not for me, thanks.

And I do have experience with Android (Galaxy Nexus running 4.2). For a year. Maybe it's improved recently, but it seemed inefficient, bloated, and buggy at times. I had to keep a constant eye on battery life. And no combination of widgets, launchers, and custom themes I tried on Android came close to the functionality I get out of the Hub and Active Frames on BB10.

And unless you have a Nexus device, the chance of ever getting OS updates is pretty slim.

I prefer iOS over Android. Heck, I prefer Windows Phone over Android (which I also.have experience with).

But I'm so glad I tried BB10, because for me, it tops all the rest.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    12-10-13 04:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    Plenty of KB accessories out there here is one for $18, good luck, goodbye.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=380557587660

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 04:53 PM
    The iPhone is a toy.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 07:23 PM
    The iPhone is a toy.

Posted via CB10

Your point being? People want toys. And guess what? It can be used as a tool as well. All the productivity apps that you could ever dream of are there. The same can't be said for BB10.
    12-10-13 08:04 PM
82 1234