I took the liberty of finding the off screen results and guess what. The iPhone 5s and iPad Air are among the fastest devices on the market today. Only beaten by a HP WINDOWS tablet.

Attachment 228315

Attachment 228316

Attachment 228317

Specs and benchmarks absolutely destroy the BB10 lineup. This combined with the App Store having over 1 million productivity and entertainment apps in the United States alone ! Just look at the sales of BB10, people are still buying more of their legacy devices...

I am sorry but the reality is that BB10 and Blackberry have a long way to go before their devices can compare to similarly priced Android, WP8 and iOS devices.
    Again where can I go test my BB10 devices and compare it with those results ??
    If you can't tell me then your supposed facts are useless.
    Plus your picture shows the iPhone 5s and ipad having a 1080p screen which is not accurate.

Z30 : No more peasants battery life
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    12-09-13 08:38 AM
    Again where can I go test my BB10 devices and compare it with those results ??
    If you can't tell me then your supposed facts are useless.
    Plus your picture shows the iPhone 5s and ipad having a 1080p screen which is not accurate.

I just did that for you, comparing the performance of the GPU used in the Z30, which is a Adreno 320 compared against the A7 chip in the iPhone 5s. Using an offscreen test(not at native resolution for fair comparison) at a set resolution of 1920-1080 for both devices. Results are clear, iPhone5s is currently lightyears ahead of the GPU power in the Z30.

Z30 vs Iphone5S!!!  Did Apple blind it's consumer?!!-h0c2s8r.png
    Z30 vs Iphone5S!!!  Did Apple blind it's consumer?!!-azxtmbn.png
    Attached Thumbnails Z30 vs Iphone5S!!!  Did Apple blind it's consumer?!!-g5ug5xa.png  
    12-09-13 08:46 AM
    I just did that for you, comparing the performance of the GPU used in the Z30, which is a Adreno 320 compared against the A7 chip in the iPhone 5s. Using an offscreen test(not at native resolution for fair comparison) at a set resolution of 1920-1080 for both devices. Results are clear, iPhone5s is currently lightyears ahead of the GPU power in the Z30.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H0c2S8r.png 
Views:	956 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	228326

Name:	AZXtmBN.png 
Views:	950 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	228327

Just...stop. Logic clearly isn't effective lol.
    12-09-13 08:57 AM
    You're right, the gpu in the ip5s is much better.
    In real world use the 320 gpu is only used for a 720p screen with 295ppi therefore I might be able to squeeze a lot more frames, that's why I wanted to have on screen benchmarks of the phone as whole. So technically having a 330 might have been an overkill.
    Can you please share this website you're using, might need to check a few results myself.

12-09-13 09:04 AM
    Wait...you are saying that the iPhone 5s has a dim screen??? It's incredibly bright. The Z30 is the phone with the very dim screen. I also think that the "slow to react to user input" can be argued as well. The UI is all personal preference but the other two aren't.
    I'm not sure what the most current version of the iPhone is, but I do know that my brother does not have the most current. He is one generation behind the most current. When did that one come out? About the same time as the Z30? I'm not sure, but we may be talking about two different iphones. What I do know however, is that my device blew his out of the water in almost every way I compared.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 10:50 AM
    What are you talking about ? The iPhone 5S smashes the Z10 in almost if not every aspect. The Z10 could be compared to the iPhone 5 but even then it still gets defeated...

Just look at benchmarks and reviews, iPhone 5s is beating all other phones except the sony experia Z in one category.

Man you guys need to stop being so biased towards Blackberries overpriced and underperforming devices. BB10 is years to late to change the game and the launch has been nothing but a failure so far..
    Where do you get your facts from? Iphone5s is beating all other phones except one category?!! What?!! Z10 has a bigger battery, better screen resolution, true multitasking, NFC support a better emailing and messaging device. Also the keyboard on the Z series is light years ahead of that bs Apple calls a keyboard! The Iphone5s is nothing but a minor enhancement to the existing iphone5. Nothing more. Nothing less. 4 inch screen? Home button bs fingerprint scanner!
    Where is the multitasking? Security? Standard HDMI? NFC? Removable battery? Battery Life? USB?? C'Mon man, Apple is lacking in many areas, they just make its users believe it's not important.
    I'm not saying that the Iphone5s isn't a beautiful device, but to say that it beats every phone in every category is laughable!!

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    scrapmetal58 and CerveloJohn like this.
    12-09-13 12:57 PM
    Z30 vs Iphone5S!!!  Did Apple blind it's consumer?!!-img_00000601.png
    Iphone5, 5s,5c, same shi*.

jevinzac and CerveloJohn like this.
    12-09-13 01:02 PM
    Cool so according to some of you, apple wins because it's the fastest in cpu etc... and for all the tables and figures I've chosen the inferior product?
    Hardware is fickle because it only takes one device to match it in that arena.

for a 'slower' device I'll enjoy BlackBerry 10 for the user experience because I've not had any problem with speed, stutter or issue with everyday needs on my z10. Battery life suffers but the z30 is an alternative to that with the larger battery - apple doesn't offer that alternative.

Ios7 and it's ui just isn't all that intuitive to me and that's something that is personal. I thoroughly find the hub, multi tasking and notifications a far better proposition than on ios 7 / iPhone 5s.

While we're on about hardware, speed is important but I'd like to see the iPhone do nfc, hdmi streaming and sound as good. Apparently the antenna and mics are good too. Absolutely frustrating to not have micro usb present on apple phones without an adapter.

Then we can go on about implementation of miracast, usb otg and that large battery but hey at least the iPhone 5s is fast.

But that's fine I can type, multi task and communicate more things faster and efficiently with BlackBerry devices.
    saint613 and CerveloJohn like this.
    12-09-13 01:07 PM

Name:	IMG_00000601.png 
Views:	740 
Size:	131.0 KB 
ID:	228389
    Iphone5, 5s,5c, same shi*.

No the S has a 64bit processor plus some other new stuff. They are not the same.
    EddieAIG likes this.
    12-09-13 01:08 PM
    Now this is only comparing the Z10 and the Iphone5s, which I believe is a close race, however I didn't compare it to the Z30 because the Iphone5s isn't in the same category IMO, great phone, but it's not even close! To each their own, if the Iphone5s is your phone then congrats, it's a good device. However, Security, Screen Size, true multitasking, NFC, keyboard, Battery Life are more important to me than having a toy with IOS7.

CerveloJohn likes this.
    12-09-13 01:14 PM
    No the S has a 64bit processor plus some other new stuff. They are not the same.
    AhahhahaHhah! 64 bit processor?!! Want to tell me how that makes my phone better?! Or did Apple tell you that you need that!?

saint613, jevinzac and CerveloJohn like this.
    12-09-13 01:16 PM
    AhahhahaHhah! 64 bit processor?!! Want to tell me how that makes my phone better?! Or did Apple tell you that you need that!?

Are you really being that ignorant?
    bobauckland and EddieAIG like this.
    12-09-13 01:25 PM
    For now I don't see any perceived advantages for ios and the iPhone 5s esp with1gb ram. But it does get developers thinking about their future applications.

The potential down the road is great and I would be happy to see BlackBerry 10 move forward with 64 bit architecture especially when ram becomes cheaper and more relevant for mobile computing. Eg video decoding etc
    Neither os is in need of a huge amount of ram yet but the necessity for more is ever increasing.

But for many who update yearly for the latest, the iPhone 5s having 64 bit isn't going to mean much.
    12-09-13 01:44 PM
    I'm sorry to make you believe that my sincere approach is ignorant. But if you believe this is going to improve my device drastically, then think again.

http://www.zdnet.com/iphone-5s-64-bi...ec-7000021590/

He mentioned that it has a "64 bit chip, and quote " A bunch of other stuff ". Haha, Why not list the new benefits, is it because they are minor enhancements if little else?

CerveloJohn likes this.
    12-09-13 01:48 PM
    I'm sorry to make you believe that my sincere approach is ignorant. But if you believe this is going to improve my device drastically, then think again.

http://www.zdnet.com/iphone-5s-64-bi...ec-7000021590/

He mentioned that it has a "64 bit chip, and quote " A bunch of other stuff ". Haha, Why not list the new benefits, is it because they are minor enhancements if little else?

Of course it's ignorance because it is a clear upgrade/improvement/advantage. And that article means nothing since it is coming from a Qualcomm exec. Of course they will say that a competitor's processor won't offer an advantage. And the article even says that Apple's processor outperforms Qualcomm's, so bringing up the article was useless as you helped prove your own point WRONG.
    12-09-13 01:58 PM
    Well, not much is known about MSM8960AB and its cababilities... Since there are no benchmarking apps for BB10 discussion about SoC performance is irelevant.

Or are there any?

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    12-09-13 02:11 PM
    Of course it's ignorance because it is a clear upgrade/improvement/advantage. And that article means nothing since it is coming from a Qualcomm exec. Of course they will say that a competitor's processor won't offer an advantage. And the article even says that Apple's processor outperforms Qualcomm's, so bringing up the article was useless as you helped prove your own point WRONG.
    My original argument was with a standard phone user believing that a 64 bit chip is the reason why the iphone5s is a reason to say one phone is better than another.

Of course in the long haul the 64 bit chip is indeed a wonderful upgrade from a 32 bit. Oddly, A 64-bit chip won?t necessarily out-perform a 32-bit chip, however since 64-bit systems use twice as much data for many low-level operations (shuffling 64 bits instead of 32 just to read a number, for instance), they need more memory and can even be slower than equivalent 32-bit system. However...

Obviously it's a little ignorant of me to believe it isn't an upgrade, but until they offer basic upgrade features like USB, standard hdmi and true multitasking, the 64 bit chip isn't going to sway my opinion on which phone is better than another.

Sure A7 delivers performance benefits for apps right now. By converting all of iOS 7 to 64-bit for the iPhone 5S, and for any future 64-bit devices that are in the future.

However to the standard user, to see comments like a 64 bit chip and "a bunch of other stuff " shows how well Apple has made the consumer believe they are the superior quality device without having to add basic features that many users require.
    So yes to end this back n forth, the 64 bit chip is an important step forward, however not a reason to switch platforms for me. Poor security, missing standard features and poor email set-up, make Apple products a step down from BB10 and easy decision over an IPhone for me , to each their own personal reasons.

CerveloJohn likes this.
    12-09-13 02:56 PM
    You guys are living in a fantasy world. Z30 is outclassed by miles in terms of processing power and GPU capabilities. To make any other claim is just deranged and absolutely ludicrous. Just look at the benchmarks I have posted below for the third time.

iPhone 5S GPU
    Z30 vs Iphone5S!!!  Did Apple blind it's consumer?!!-azxtmbn.png

Blackberry Z30 GPU
    Z30 vs Iphone5S!!!  Did Apple blind it's consumer?!!-h0c2s8r.png

FROM http://gfxbench.com/result.jsp
    Furthermore, the guy who claimed that 64 bit offered no advantage and was only a marketing gimmick was removed from his position and reassigned to another position. Because guess what.. Qualcomm is developing its own 64bit processors.

Time to stop dreaming about BB10, there are alternative platforms that are highly capable and beat ALL BB10 devices in terms of specifications.(Personal preference of OS is another story)
    Last edited by EddieAIG; 12-09-13 at 03:25 PM.
    bobauckland likes this.
    12-09-13 02:56 PM
    You guys are living in a fantasy world. Z30 is outclassed by miles in terms of processing power and GPU capabilities. To make any other claim is just deranged and absolutely ludicrous. Just look at the benchmarks I have posted below for the third time.

iPhone 5S GPU

Views:	1598 
ID:	228403

Blackberry Z30 GPU

Furthermore, the guy who claimed that 64 bit offered no advantage and was only a marketing gimmick was removed from his position and reassigned to another position. Because guess what.. Qualcomm is developing its own 64bit processors.

Time to stop dreaming about BB10, there are alternative platforms that are highly capable and beat ALL BB10 devices in terms of specifications.(Personal preference of OS is another story)
    I like how you keep shoving those images down our throat but refuse to give the link to them.

CerveloJohn likes this.
    12-09-13 03:02 PM
    I like how you keep shoving those images down our throat but refuse to give the link to them.

Link added now
    ajst222 likes this.
    12-09-13 03:26 PM

iPhone 5S GPU

Name:	AZXtmBN.png 
Views:	776 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	228407

Blackberry Z30 GPU

FROM http://gfxbench.com/result.jsp

Offscreen 3D graphics performance is just one of many specifications, and frankly, one that is pretty low on the list of things I want out of a smartphone. Near the bottom, actually.

And really, nobody is claiming the Z30 has the best specs of all. I, personally, feel it provides the best overall experience of the smartphones I've owned to date.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    12-09-13 04:20 PM
    Offscreen 3D graphics performance is just one of many specifications, and frankly, one that is pretty low on the list of things I want out of a smartphone. Near the bottom, actually.

And really, nobody is claiming the Z30 has the best specs of all. I, personally, feel it provides the best overall experience of the smartphones I've owned to date.

Posted via CB10
    Post was in response to someone claiming the Z30 is fastest and most powerful device.
    12-09-13 04:40 PM
    That is not true. First of all, iPhone screen resolution is lower than Samsung Galaxy S4 / HTC ONE - graphics needn't to be to powerfull. Benchmarks are mostly ONSCREEN based (renders on actual device resolution) so qHD vs FULL HD is not comparable.

OFFSCREEN based benchmarks are more objective. Both devices render on FULL HD. By the way, iPhone 5s is reaching maybe bottom devices but that is all.

For example MSM8960AB rocking in Z30 is pretty similiar to S600 but this thread isn't about this.

IPhone is powerfull on its on platform. That's all. Marketing have caught you in its ridiculous chains.

Even I may have mistaken, no device can compare BlackBerry in the most important factor: its user experience.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    Please go and check the off-screen benchmarks, because there are plenty of them aswell, and the result is the same, and in some cases the difference is even bigger.... so get your facts right first... 5s is probably the only iphone that realy did live up to the hype, proving to be much more powerfull than the "spec-steroid" competition

But to be honest, couldn't care less about the benchmarks, but still, the iphone 5S even when opening apps, websites, and real world usage, is way faster than top spec androids.... But that isn't a surprise, Android is a very poor OS, even Blackberry on a dual core, runing a runtime gets better performance in android apps, than some powerfull android phones
    Last edited by Joao Oliveira; 12-09-13 at 07:47 PM.
    ajst222 and EddieAIG like this.
    12-09-13 07:31 PM
    We get it Eddieaig. No need to keep posting the same thing. Pure power is nothing when it comes to user experience and I think the BlackBerry device can handle pretty much anything that is dished out to it. Aside from proprietary software, there's not much out there that would run the iphone 5s ragged and make the BlackBerry z30 run out of steam.

Regardless of whose claiming the z30 is fastest is nothing when you figure out that the battery of the 5s is dead within hours and an apple proprietary charger is no where to be found. All while the BlackBerry z30 is still multitasking it's heart, hours after.

I can also post stuff from another website, that points out so many good points over the iphone.

"Battery Life: It doesn't matter if a phone has a pretty screen, tons of apps, or can connect to iTunes if the fricken battery is dead. Seriously, a decade ago we measured phones on battery life and that was one of the most important aspects of the phone and that battery life was measured in days; and not single digit hours.The Z30 has a massive battery that should again give days of battery life"

Link
    http://www.mobilitytechzone.com/topi...ng-what-we.htm
    Last edited by zensen; 12-10-13 at 01:58 AM.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    12-10-13 01:33 AM
    Oops double post
    12-10-13 01:55 AM
82 1234