I was at the mall today and was playing with a live Z30. I had a chance to observe first hand how loose the volume rocker buttons were. They definitely don't have a nice tight feel and click like some other phones. I was wondering if Blackberry has fixed this in later production runs? Can anyone that purchased a Z30 recently comment? I really like the phone and want to get one, but the looseness of those buttons would drive me nuts on a daily basis.

Thanks!
    Dave Pasceri likes this.
    04-09-14 03:25 PM
    Every device is different. Some are loose, some are tight. Tis the way of production. Had mine since shortly after release and mine are stiff as the day I got it.
    JORENO likes this.
    04-09-14 03:27 PM
    mine felt very lose when i first got it, and what i found is that the back plate was actually stopping the buttons from coming out all the way, so i shaved a bit of the back cover right by the buttons and now mine is perfect,
    04-09-14 03:28 PM
    Thank you Bla1ze and Siff.
    04-10-14 09:34 AM
    Both my power and volume rocker buttons are loose. Wouldn't trade my Z30 for another, though.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    04-10-14 09:49 AM
    You will more than likely be getting a case for it like a Great Shield (which is what i use) and it totally "masks" the little bit of float the buttons have. After a day or twqo, you will forget about it.

Get the Z30, you will be very happy....

c
    Superbuddy2007 likes this.
    04-10-14 09:56 AM
    Mine is pretty good. Not as "stiff" as the z10 which needed a bit more force to push down, but definitely not loose.
    04-10-14 10:01 AM
    Thanks to all. I have read in these forums that the buttons can accidentally and easily be pushed while the phone is in pocket. This would annoy me a lot. Wondering if anyone has experienced this or if the button looseness is not *that bad*.
    04-10-14 03:42 PM
    I've never had a problem and i carry my phone in my pocket everyday,
    04-10-14 03:56 PM
    Mine are nice and tight. ****...the volume rocker on my old galaxy s3 used to buzz along when the phone would vibrate! Lol. What a joke that phone was!

Posted via CB10
    fbloise likes this.
    04-11-14 04:06 PM
    Love my Z30 but I did have loose buttons when I first got it. Over time using the leather holster with it wore down the touchiness and now it's back to how I like it.

Often times there would be no sound on my music and of course it was cause the buttons got stuck on down.

I read a trick on taping the buttons with the back removed and it supposedly helped. I just copied with it and now I like it as is

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 06:07 PM
    I have had 4 z30's and some of the buttons are loose and some are tight. It never bothered me or the folks I have sold them to. They all love the device and wouldn't trade it for anything.

My current z30 volume buttons seem to be fine, I love my z30 and even with the T Mobile/BlackBerry pissing match, I am not changing carriers and I am hoping that BlackBerry with still provide us loyal users here in the USA with updates into the future.

Sent from z30 on T Mobile USA 10.2.1.2160
    04-12-14 05:51 AM
    Bad quality control (inconsistent), design flaws and cheap parts. What else would be the reason when Z10 had very nice tight controls suddenly Z30 has loose or super sensitive buttons. If you look at them closely, they don't actually push down, they bend sideways to emulate button press, if you remove the back plate, just rock the button towards the screen, it clicks that way too.
    I prefer a case with button locations cut-out rather than overlay. I have no major problems with volume rocker but the center becomes very sensitive when the case overlays buttons with plastic, I have been looking for a way to completely disable the functionality of mute/pause button, no luck so far. I ordered another case that supposed to have leave the buttons exposed, my preference.
    04-12-14 10:17 AM
    Mine is a tad bit loose. Accidentally push them sometimes. The volume rockers are pretty much the only part of the Z30 that isn't 10/10 build quality.

From a Z30
    04-12-14 11:42 AM
    I agree.
    That is the one and only fault with the 30.

Sent from the phone of the Gods....Z30
    04-12-14 11:48 AM
    I agree.
    That is the one and only fault with the 30.

Hey you dope smoking dog look at my post above, when you put the cover on it doesn't allow the buttons to come all the way out, take your cover off and try the will seem stiffer, I just shaved a small amount off right by the buttons and mine are now perfect, just like me. Lol
    04-12-14 11:58 AM
    Hey you sheep licker,
    The buttons move fine on mine, they are a little loose.
    You can tap the phone with your finger and hear them rattle.

anon721037 likes this.
    04-12-14 02:58 PM
    The first Z30 I had, the pause button would stick after you pressed it.
    I wasn't prepared to spend two years of my life living with that!
    So I went to the Source and tried their demo on my way home, it worked properly.
    I phoned telus and got a new one shipped out to me.
    Happy dog ever since

04-12-14 03:04 PM
    Mine are a little loose too, and I hit the Voice Command key too often, so I disabled it, and my Z30 is in an Otter Box case, so the buttons are tight

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 06:44 PM
    Does anyone have the problem when the phone is in the holster, priority hub audible alerts many times are silenced immediately? I think it is the issue of the down volume key being pressed slightly by the holster side.

I have been trying to stretch the case and that has helped some, but it seems the loose keys are a factor of making it easier for the holster to press.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30 with AT&T
    04-16-14 07:33 PM
    Hey. How exactly did you shave the area to make the buttons stiff? My volume buttons are also loose and it'd be interesting to try this method. I just don't wanna damage anything.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 01:51 PM
    mine felt very lose when i first got it, and what i found is that the back plate was actually stopping the buttons from coming out all the way, so i shaved a bit of the back cover right by the buttons and now mine is perfect,
    I have the same problem. The back cover tolerance is just a bit tight around the buttons and it is rubbing.
    Just mark the back cover area next to the buttons with a strip of masking tape. Remove the cover. Use a nail file and remove a bit of material off the back cover. Do it a tiny bit at a time until the buttons move freely. Super easy to do.
    04-23-14 04:18 PM
    I'm not even sure if that's the issue though, the buttons move a lot, but they may just of been made that way and if I try shaving off the back cover it may do nothing. i'm just not wanting to make it even worse. I'm assuming it's an internal thing why they're loose, not sure if I shave if it'll work. Just a little paranoid I guess.
    04-23-14 06:31 PM
    I'm not even sure if that's the issue though, the buttons move a lot, but they may just of been made that way and if I try shaving off the back cover it may do nothing. i'm just not wanting to make it even worse. I'm assuming it's an internal thing why they're loose, not sure if I shave if it'll work. Just a little paranoid I guess.
    Well I had a bit of figuring it out, take your cover off and see how firm the buttons are , if there still quite lose then it's not that, but my buttons were lose with the cover on and noticed when I took the cover off mine firmed up quite a bit, so I shaved my cover and my buttons are great now,

Posted on CB10
    04-23-14 07:35 PM
    My buttons are loose with the cover off. Same play as with cover on. Oh well. Already had it replaced once so I'll just live with it.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 01:50 AM
62 123