I recently purchased a Z30 from Verizon. With all the hype that the 10.2.1 was rolling in I didn't fret much.

It is now Feb. 17, a week after the 10.2.1 should have been rolled out for BB Z30 owners in the US. I attempted to download the updated software on the phone which keeps giving me the "you have the latest software", response. Turn phone off turn phone off, attempt to sync same message... Ok, so then I set up BB Link on my MAC (making sure everything was current and I have the correct software) and it also says that "you have the latest software."

Right now I have 10.2.0.262 and I know that this is definately not the latest software. Verizon keeps tell me the same thing you have the latest software.

I then tried to download the MEGA app from BB world which should allow you to load the leaked versions floating around and when I go to download the app it says "Unavailable on this devise."

Is there any other way that I have not tried to get the "LATEST" software update?!
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    02-17-14 06:24 PM
    The 10.2.1 update has not been released by Verizon yet. You do indeed have the most current software for your Z30.

Posted via CB10
    KME32 likes this.
    02-17-14 06:55 PM
    You do have the latest official software release for the Z30 on Verizon. In order to get 10.2.1, you have to load a "leaked" OS. I currently am running 10.2.1.2141 I installed using the autoloader method as described here http://m.crackberry.com/autoloaders-os-10212142 make sure to read the the tutorial in the link within the article. Loading leaks can void your warranty as I understand, but this one has been officially released elsewhere, so it should be good. I've had zero issues with it. If you follow the process described, it's fairly easy. It does take some time though. For me, the whole thing took about an hour and a half. If you don't restore, it should take less. Make sure to read all the info given so you know what to expect.

Posted via CB10
    jill fitzsimmons likes this.
    02-17-14 06:57 PM
    I recently purchased a Z30 from Verizon. With all the hype that the 10.2.1 was rolling in I didn't fret much.

It is now Feb. 17, a week after the 10.2.1 should have been rolled out for BB Z30 owners in the US. I attempted to download the updated software on the phone which keeps giving me the "you have the latest software", response. Turn phone off turn phone off, attempt to sync same message... Ok, so then I set up BB Link on my MAC (making sure everything was current and I have the correct software) and it also says that "you have the latest software."

Right now I have 10.2.0.262 and I know that this is definately not the latest software. Verizon keeps tell me the same thing you have the latest software.

I then tried to download the MEGA app from BB world which should allow you to load the leaked versions floating around and when I go to download the app it says "Unavailable on this devise."

Is there any other way that I have not tried to get the "LATEST" software update?!
    Do a backup first.

Destructive way:-

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...7/index32.html

Non- destructive way:-

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...achesi-904841/

for example country 234 carrier 015 Z30 Variant STA 100-2
    02-17-14 07:00 PM
    She said she has a Mac.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 07:07 PM
    She said she has a Mac. Posted via CB10
    Sachesi works on Mac.
    02-17-14 07:14 PM
    I thought I've read everywhere that you can't load a leak using a Mac. I didn't know it was possible.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 07:20 PM
    She said she has a Mac.

Posted via CB10
    Oops...missed that. sorry...

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 07:20 PM
    Is it true some on Verizon have the update and some done? I just read a thread that Verizon has not in fact rolled out the new OS. And this is confusing when many people say they have. I am assuming only z10 and q10 owners have been lucky to get it.

Also why can I not download apps I had previously on the old op system saying it's not available on my device?! Ex. KakaoTalk ... I assume new phone... new op system things would have been better.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 12:05 AM
    Is it true some on Verizon have the update and some done? I just read a thread that Verizon has not in fact rolled out the new OS. And this is confusing when many people say they have. I am assuming only z10 and q10 owners have been lucky to get it.

Also why can I not download apps I had previously on the old op system saying it's not available on my device?! Ex. KakaoTalk ... I assume new phone... new op system things would have been better.

Posted via CB10
    I think it's only the z10 owners at the moment on vzw.

It frustrates me, I paid the off contract price for my z30. Because I want the best BlackBerry phone there is, it makes no sense to me why vzw would do this nor is it fair. I'm becoming more upset as this whole ordeal goes along, it's not BlackBerry's fault and Verizon needs to stop dragging their feet.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 12:30 AM
    Yea, only Z10s have received the update on Verizon at this point, but it will come soon. I, for one, would rather wait a little longer than have something not working quite right, which is why we don't have it yet.

Posted via CB10
    KME32 and anon(5061193) like this.
    02-18-14 06:02 AM
    Yea, only Z10s have received the update on Verizon at this point, but it will come soon. I, for one, would rather wait a little longer than have something not working quite right, which is why we don't have it yet.

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree with you... I will continue to wait for the update and once I get it and have it working well and I can get the Android apps that I need, I will then lose my iphone 5s... Until that point I will still be carrying two phones.
    02-18-14 07:15 AM
    From other posts (including mine) the reason the VZW is holding back is a vulnerability that WA discovered that allows Android apps to access the Contacts on 10.2.1. There is another software rev that is coming. I am repeating this second hand and it comes from a more "in the know" source on Crackberry than I. I also have heard that it will be available OTA in around a month from now. I am happy to wait but wish there was a little better communication from VZW to us, there lowly customers.
    02-18-14 08:39 AM