For example I just bought an alarm tone from BBW,it is saved in Device/Downloads seperate from my music. However when I want to listen to music, I launch the music player and the alarm tone shows there. This is very annoying. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a way to manage this?

Thanks

Posted via CB10

EDIT : created a new folder in File Manager/Device/Voice and move the tone file to this folder. It has solved the problem
    Last edited by LooyDaSixteenth; 01-19-14 at 05:29 PM.
    01-19-14 05:03 PM
    Use playlists.

-Posted from CB10 via Z10-
    LooyDaSixteenth likes this.
    01-19-14 05:10 PM
    The reason it plays is that there is a tracker that scans for every file (music/picture/etc.) that is added to the phone.

It finds a music file, and it will play it. It ignores some folders based on whatever is programmed.

In my N9 I was able to modify the tracker behaviour, to ignore or add particular folders, but BlackBerry has all that locked down.

I haven't tested the following, but in other file systems (MeeGo, Android) the easy trick is to make a folder with a "." in front of it.

So for example, make a folder in your root called .ringtones

It should show up on your folder list, so you can choose it as a ringtone or message tone. But it should be ignored by the tracker.

I haven't tested this myself, but it's an issue I have as well, I may do it and see if it works.

Posted from the Shield Helicarrier - via Z30
    01-19-14 05:11 PM
    The reason it plays is that there is a tracker that scans for every file (music/picture/etc.) that is added to the phone.

It finds a music file, and it will play it. It ignores some folders based on whatever is programmed.

In my N9 I was able to modify the tracker behaviour, to ignore or add particular folders, but BlackBerry has all that locked down.

I haven't tested the following, but in other file systems (MeeGo, Android) the easy trick is to make a folder with a "." in front of it.

So for example, make a folder in your root called .ringtones

It should show up on your folder list, so you can choose it as a ringtone or message tone. But it should be ignored by the tracker.

I haven't tested this myself, but it's an issue I have as well, I may do it and see if it works.

Posted from the Shield Helicarrier - via Z30
    Just tried this, but get a pop-up saying that no folder may begin with "."
    Tried it in the root of my media card

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 05:15 PM
    Okay I got the fix.
    I went to File Manager/ Device/ Voice. There I created a new folder and named it 'Ring tones '

I moved the alarm tone file to this folder and it has stopped showing up in my Music Player

Posted via CB10
    eldricho likes this.
    01-19-14 05:18 PM
    [QUOTE=LooyDaSixteenth;9874444]Okay I got the fix.
    I went to File Manager/ Device/ Voice. There I created a new folder and named it 'Ring tones '

I moved the alarm tone file to this folder and it has stopped showing up in my Music Player

Thanks

Posted via CB10[Z30, 10.2.0]

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 05:19 PM
    [QUOTE=LooyDaSixteenth;9874455][QUOTE=LooyDaSixteenth;9874444]Okay I got the fix.

I moved the alarm tone file to this folder and it has finally stopped showing up in my Music Player
    Thanks
    01-19-14 05:20 PM