Hi Everyone:

I am a new Z30 owner and would like to use my phone with local SIM cards when I travel. I have a 64G media card. The phone is a Z30 STA100-5 running OS version 10.3.2.2339.

I do not know where my address book and calendar are stored and, of course, I want them available when I remove my main SIM card to use a local one.

Actually, I would be just as happy to have everything on the media card that was not absolutely required to be on the SIM card.

This information may be in the manual somewhere, but I admit to being a bit overwhelmed! (This is my first smartphone.)

Be Well - Jim
    09-06-15 01:50 PM
    If I'm understanding you correctly you want to be able to access your contacts regardless of the SIM card you have inserted?

Now, your calendar is stored on the device itself you don't shouldn't need to worry about that,

If I remember correctly you can go into Contacts, Slide the screen down from the top and tap Settings, then scroll to the bottom of the page and Press the Button called "Import Contacts from SIM Card", that should copy them all to your device memory meaning they will be there regardless of your SIM card.

You can't actually store them on your Media Card and Access them from the Contacts App, they have to be on either the device memory or a SIM Card
    FF22 likes this.
    09-06-15 01:55 PM
    Hello Jim--welcome to CrackBerry (and smartphones!) Your contacts--if you added them to the phone manually--are stored in the phone's storage. It's possible to have them saved on the SIM card as well, but for some reason BB10 does not allow you to write contacts to SIM card.

Same with calendar events--they are stored in the phone's storage, unless you have some sort of online syncing set up (with an email account, for example.) If you add your events manually to your calendar from your phone and don't sync them, that's where they're stored--on your phone.

If you'd like, you can do a check for yourself. Take your current SIM card out and restart the phone. See if the calendar and contacts are all there to your liking. Then put your SIM card back in, and you'll be good to go!
    09-06-15 01:59 PM
    I throw this out for this discussion - is YOUR Z30 UNlocked? If they get them from the BB Shop, I believe that they are. If purchased via a carrier they may not be.

As far as I know only the Verizon Z30, Model 3, is UNlocked when sold by Verizon.
    09-06-15 03:27 PM
    F2, the STA100-5 is not same as VZW STA100-3.
    09-06-15 04:24 PM
    F2, the STA100-5 is not same as VZW STA100-3.
    He never said it was. He was saying it's the only one guaranteed to come unlocked when one's buying it, all the rest should be checked for their unlocking status.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-06-15 04:26 PM
    Hi:

My thanks to everyone who helped. I turned off the Z30, removed the SIM card, rebooted and all my contacts, calendar, remember's and downloaded apps were there.

I us a calendar program called VueMinder Pro on my PC which then syncs with Google and then with the Z30. That all works very well.

Thanks again.

Be Well - Jim
    09-10-15 08:18 PM