So after using a simple rubber Affinity case, iShield screen protector, and Zagg screen protector, I decided to try the official BlackBerry protection products. (Both screen protectors started peeling on the edges due to the Affinity case.)

The Transform case actually comes with a BlackBerry branded screen protector. I was a bit skeptical about this protector at first, but now I can honestly say that it is my favourite screen protector, better than the Zagg and the iShieldz. Main reason for that is the feel of the BlackBerry screen protector is more glass like. It's a lot more firm than the other two brands, which have a bit of a rubbery feel to them. Even the way reflections reflect off of the BlackBerry screen protector is a lot nicer than before. The only con to the BlackBerry protector is the installation process. You have to make sure you keep your device really clean and dust free as it is a dry installation and can't rely on application solution to push out the dust. The corners hold on very well too and don't unroll like before. The screen protector surface has a very smooth minimal friction surface, perfect for swiping.

The actual case itself is nice. I got the black one and it gives the device a cleaner look than the Affinity rubber cases. Bonus too is the little stand that pops out of the back, but doesn't add any thickness or bulk to the case. The back plastic has been slightly rubberized to add some grip.

Overall I'm very pleased with this product and am curious to see how the BlackBerry brand screen protector holds up in the long term. I picked this up from the 3rd Source store I've visited. Doesn't seem like they all carry Z30 accessories.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 12:03 AM
    Where do you live - i bought the white transform case and It didn't come with a screen protector.

Edit: nvrmind, it does come with one! Cool.

Thx lol

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 12:08 AM
    Where do you live - i bought the white transform case and It didn't come with a screen protector.

Edit: nvrmind, it does come with one! Cool.

Thx lol

Posted via CB10
    Edmonton! Yeah the screen protector is in the same box, might miss it though!

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 12:13 AM
    Has anyone else tried the Transform case?

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 11:16 PM
    Got one from CB Store. I am using it, and I like it. I had watched the CB review before I bought it. I thought the case was all "plastic-like" as the reviewer puts it, but it doesn't feel that way. I mean, not all the way. The back panel has some sort of a thin rubberized coating, which is nice to hold. I already had a screen protector before I got the Transform case, so I am not using the one that comes with the package.
    12-24-13 01:43 AM
    Is it possible to take a few pictures with the device in it? Maybe from different angles?

Z10, 10.2.1.1259... what app gap?
    12-24-13 01:49 AM
    Is it possible to take a few pictures with the device in it? Maybe from different angles?
    BlackBerry Transform Hardshell Case for Z30 | BlackBerry Hard Cases | ShopCrackBerry
    aha likes this.
    12-24-13 02:08 AM
    I own a transform case on z10 and I love the case and the screen protector that comes with it.

One thing I'm skeptical about the z30 transform case compare to the z10 is how the the case feels. Z10 has the durable rubber feeling compare to z30 which has a plastic feel. It doesn't seem as durable.

Does it feel durable to you when you're holding onto your phone?

Proud owner of Q10, Z10 and Z30
    12-24-13 02:28 AM
    I have seen and held the original BB Z10 Transform case, the one that splits vertically/lengthwise (?). Yes, when compared to it, the Z30's feels more plastic-like than rubberized. As for durability of the Z30 Transform case, I don't feel it is any weaker or less durable. The plastic feels solid and doesn't look like it will crack or break into bits at any moment. Also, the case fits snugly on the phone.

Perhaps, because the Z30 is larger than the Z10, people tend to think that the former is less protected due to the larger exposed areas. I also thought about this before I got the case, but now I see that the exposed areas, especially the silver-black sides, allow the Z30's "true color" to come out.

Anyway, for the moment, it's the only original BB Transform case available for Z30, as I know it. If some people prefer better protection from more area or rubberized coverage, they might have to go for the ones by Capdase or similar cases. One thing I am sure about most of these cases though, they make the phone more bulky, and they dictate the color of your BB phone.
    TOfinest likes this.
    12-24-13 03:13 AM
    I also have the transform case for my z10 and absolutely love it. I had doubts when buying it but after using it for months it is my favourite case of all time.

I agree that the BlackBerry supplied screen protector feels more smooth and looks more natural. You can't really tell there is a protector on it

I just ordered my z30 and naturally got the transform case again for it. It does look different. Seemingly cheaper quality but hopefully it is not the case when I actually recieve it

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 11:22 AM
    I also have the transform case for my z10 and absolutely love it. I had doubts when buying it but after using it for months it is my favourite case of all time.

I agree that the BlackBerry supplied screen protector feels more smooth and looks more natural. You can't really tell there is a protector on it

I just ordered my z30 and naturally got the transform case again for it. It does look different. Seemingly cheaper quality but hopefully it is not the case when I actually recieve it

Posted via CB10
    Let us know what you think once you receive your order! Yes the BlackBerry screen protector definitely is a lot smoother than every other brand of screen protector I've used so far.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 11:37 AM
    I have a flip case for my z30 at the moment, hated at first but I got used to it and it's not so bad anymore. I'll still be grabbing the transform case for my z30 though.

Proud owner of Q10, Z10 and Z30
    12-24-13 12:53 PM