Hi everyone! New user here.

How is it the touch screen and keyboard on the Z30? After changing from a BlackBerry Curve to plenty of Samsung smartphones I was always unable to adapt myself to the touchkeyboard, always pressing the wrong keys etc.. how does it work on the Z30?

Best regards,

MMJ

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 02:00 PM
    I never want to have another phone / keyboard. It's nicely wide, not too big. I'm quite clumsy with my fingers but 95% I hit the right key and the rest this phone is correcting automatically and very very precise.
    I'm mostly flicking the words, it predicts the words I want to use next so precisely that it actually scares me. It's like it's reading my mind. Why? It learns, it learns your words you're using.

Also to delete a word I never use the backspace key. I just swipe from right to left with my finger. I want to delete two words I swipe right to left with two fingers. It works with three and I've managed to use 5 fingers at once, meaning it'll delete 5 words with only one swipe.
    It's amazing.
    I'm going to get another Z30 in case this one breaks when out of guarantee.

The flicking words is so funny!! Even now if makes me smile!! You'll never answer emails/text messages faster than with the BB10 keyboards.

tanzarian, jas1978 and PatrickMJS like this.
    06-18-15 02:21 PM
    I would say that you would hardly press any wrong keys but my fingers aren't that big either. The keyboard isn't as small but it isn't massive either. I came from a z10 and the touch keyboard was smaller than the z30. I had a BlackBerry Curve before and I must say that I made more mistakes on that phone than on my z10. Could hardly test the z30 to tell you if i made more mistakes or not because I just got it 2 days ago and love it more than my z10 to be honest.

But what's even greater about the touch keyboard is for example when your typing say "street" and you start typing "str" a word "street" would appear on a key and all you have to do is swipe up and it appears so you don't even have to type in the whole word. And it does it better as you use the same words over and over again because it is able to detect it right away by typing "st" instead of "str".
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    06-18-15 02:22 PM
    Thanks for your reviews! Actually I stopped to use the plastic samsung and went back to BlackBerry this time a Q10, almost 1 year now, and I'm looking into the Z30 and would like to have some inputs into this subject!

Thanks! I'll see if tomorrow I'll purchase one or wait a couple of more days to put more thoughts on the subject!

Best regards,

MMJ

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 02:28 PM
    I switched from a Curve to a Z10 two years ago. And switched to a Z30 about 3 months ago.
    For my experience, I was able to type faster on the Curve than on the Z10 for straight typing. However , with the use of predictive words, I found the Z10 to have a slight speed edge. The biggest advantage is the predictive words which is valuable to compensate for my poor spelling.
    The one big disadvantage for the Z10 is that I can't blind type anymore. (perhaps its a good thing now that I can't drive and type at the same time ;-) )
    With the Z30, the extra spacing helps with not hitting the wrong key; But because I have small hands, one handed typing isn't as comfortable as with the z10.

I'm surprise that there aren't any videos doing a challenge between keyboard vs touch screen typing.
    06-18-15 03:54 PM
    Z30 keyboard/typing experience is awesome!

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 06:28 PM
    Hi everyone! New user here.

How is it the touch screen and keyboard on the Z30? After changing from a BlackBerry Curve to plenty of Samsung smartphones I was always unable to adapt myself to the touchkeyboard, always pressing the wrong keys etc.. how does it work on the Z30?

Posted via CB10
    I have used a lot of phones over the years though essentially being a BB admirer. I am confident to say that BB10 touch screen has THE best virtual keyboard. The second best is Google keyboard with swype gesture. Note that this is just my view.

Reasons why BB10 keyboard is fantastic.

1. If you look at BB10 virtual keyboard layout you'll notice that the layout is quite dynamic in appearance. When you type, depending on the input field it displays number line. Example when you are in username field you don't see number line. Come to password field you'll have it readily appear. This keyboard is not going to fill up your screen by displaying everything every time everywhere. You may ask what if I have number in my username itself. Well, no big deal just swipe down the keyboard with your thumb (more on that below).
    This keyboard is ADAPTIVE. .
    2. Let's analyse this. Use of numbers or spl characters while we type is often a quick side step from the letters layout (unless you are typing long strings such as bank a/c no, IMEI or phone number etc). You need them to appear quickly and then once used, you want them gone quickly as well. Here's where BlackBerry have done a brilliant job with swipe down once to reveal spl characters. You tap the character you want and see the keyboard jumps back to regular letters only layout. Understand what it does to your typing experience here. Your fingers are not subjected to unnecessary manoeuvring all over the keyboard. Everything you need is almost always possible to fetch in simple short and one finger (i.e, thumb) travel. BB have quite cleverly kept virtual keyboard usability experience consistent with pkb usability experience by keeping everything under the thumb, literally. This keyboard is very EFFICIENT.
    3. A lot of users have already told enough about "flick words into place" feature. In my opinion BB10 virtual keyboard has the best auto correct and predictive text feature of any virtual keyboards I've used. As you start typing notice the keyboard getting peppered with more than one suggestion, all appearing brilliantly on top of the exact letter your finger and eyes are about to naturally target/focus. So at any given time you have more than one suggestion to choose from and flick. You have the misspelt word already corrected and sitting on top of your spacebar to be tapped. You never have to press more than 20-30% of the individual keys that make up the word you're trying to type. This is outrageously INTELLIGENT.

If you are into lot of typing in your smartphone life let me tell you this. After getting used to BB10 virtual keyboard and move over to other phones, this keyboard experience ALONE will make you want to come back and pick up your Z30.
    Last edited by Venky Sankaran; 06-18-15 at 08:57 PM.
    tanzarian, jas1978 and PatrickMJS like this.
    06-18-15 08:43 PM
    After 10 days with a Z30 I can say that the keyboard is a revelation.

Posted via CB10
    tanzarian likes this.
    06-19-15 02:52 PM
    Hi all! Well just bought a Z30! I will try to test it tomorrow! It was the last one on the store and was the one that was on display! Anyway tomorrow I'll try to give you my opinion! Still with my Q10 that I really like, but started tto have some issued with double typing!

Cheers!

MMJ

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 06:24 PM