I had the chance to play with all new BlackBerry 10 devices so far and one thing I have to say is that it was not the best idea to launch the z10 first.

The hardware of the Q10 is awesome and stands for what BlackBerry 10 is.

But after having both devices in daily use (z10 & z30) I have to say that it was a bad idea to launch the z10.
    I can remember that my first dev alpha had nearly the same specs as the z10 and those devices were handed out back in Mai 2012 to developers.

BlackBerry should have notice that and skipped the z10 or directly market it as a low end device but for all customers who bought the z10 when it came out its a slap in their faces if they see that the z30 sells even below the z10's first price.

The z30 is a device that deserves the name blackberry and the motto

Keep moving...

The z10 was more

Keep hoping...

(for better hardware, a socket, more apps, features of 10.2 etc)

Posted via CB10
    vptsff likes this.
    10-15-13 09:42 AM
    You're, of course entitled to your opinion, but the Z10 is an excellent phone. Yeah, of course software updates etc. have improved it, but this would have been the same had the Q5, Q10, or Z30 been the the first BB10 offering. Blackberry's current problems have nothing to do with the Z10 being released first. Being BB's first all touch phone, it was the obvious choice, if anything.
    BlackberryPig and wincyUt like this.
    10-15-13 09:54 AM
    Not so obvious. They should have released the Q10 first and gotten it into the hands of the keyboard lovers, and taken the time to get the software right on their "flagship" Z10. Like the entire release of BB10, it was just one of many mistakes. And the Z30 is too little, too late.
    10-15-13 10:03 AM
    It was the obvious choice for the market they wanted to get a slice of. In hindsight, the Q may have been the better option, now that BB accept that they've fallen to far behind the competition in the bigger screen/all touch world. I don't think there was much wrong with the initial software on the Z either. Yes, it's improved, but that's what updates are there for. 10.0 worked fine for me.

But yes, I would of course agree that mistakes have followed mistakes. The whole BB10 thing was 3 years too late, regardless of handsets.
    10-15-13 10:19 AM
    Until i used the z30 I thought the z10 is awesome and couldn't understand how the z30 should be better.

But now I can only say the z30 is a beast

Posted via CB10
    anon8091350 likes this.
    10-15-13 01:09 PM
    Q10 didn't sell as well as anticipated either, despite being an excellent device like the zed. We already know it was (at least in part) poor marketing on Blackberry's part. Many people that see my zed give me the same reaction "Blackberry has a new phone?" The Z30 could very well be a flop if Blackberry doesn't at least change their perception and marketing.
    10-15-13 02:39 PM
    Q10 didn't sell as well as anticipated either, despite being an excellent device like the zed. We already know it was (at least in part) poor marketing on Blackberry's part. Many people that see my zed give me the same reaction "Blackberry has a new phone?" The Z30 could very well be a flop if Blackberry doesn't at least change their perception and marketing.
    You are right - it's what I keep on saying : fire frank boulbon and his team and hire a outside firm to do their job

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 02:44 PM
    An apple (iphone) fan walks into a bar. He orders the same drink as yesterday but pays more"

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 02:47 PM
    Same thought!
    Z30 must release first because it has more advantages over other phones like better battery, screen size, ...

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 10:47 PM