Call Verizon as they are now releasing details over the phone with website to update shortly. November 14th official release date, $199 w/ 2 year contract and $549 full retail. The Z30 IS exclusive to Verizon, period. Of course there will always be ways around this and get a phone to work on T-Mo or AT&T, you just won't be able to purchase them there.

Sent from my iPhone 5s, Z10, or Q10 on Verizon from Philly.
    Last edited by CrackedRosco; 10-28-13 at 10:21 PM.
    10-28-13 01:16 PM
    Which one goes with AT&T's LTE?
    I don't personally know or use AT&T to answer that question without some doubt.

This thread is entitled "Z30 on T-Mobile USA" Honestly, to keep forum threads on their entitled topic, I would suggest starting a new thread if the the sticky : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...encies-850736/ doesn't answer your question.

Or for more accurate info on AT&T try the Crackberry AT&T forum: AT&T - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    10-28-13 01:29 PM
    Call Verizon as they are now releasing details over the phone with website to update shortly. November 14th official release date, $299 w/ 2 year contract and $549 full retail. The Z30 IS exclusive to Verizon, period. Of course there will always be ways around this and get a phone to work on T-Mo or AT&T, you just won't be able to purchase them there.

Sprint will carry the Z30. Big red may only have a 30 day exclusive
    10-28-13 01:35 PM
    Sprint will carry the Z30. Big red may only have a 30 day exclusive
    "Sprint, for instance, was previously slated to offer a touch-screen BlackBerry, but has since backed off from those plans."

http://m.cnet.com/news/verizon-to-sell-blackberry-z30-exclusively-in-nov-for-$200/57609653

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 11:51 PM
    "Sprint, for instance, was previously slated to offer a touch-screen BlackBerry, but has since backed off from those plans."

http://m.cnet.com/news/verizon-to-sell-blackberry-z30-exclusively-in-nov-for-$200/57609653

Posted via CB10
    That article is a good find! It also says that
    "BlackBerry was ready to ship phones to other carriers if they requested it. He said there was nothing in the deal with Verizon that would prevent BlackBerry from offering an AT&T or T-Mobile version of the phone."

Carriers always love to throw the word 'exclusive' around, but rarely admit that it's a limited time exclusive or the details behind the so called 'exclusive' deal. LOL
    10-29-13 03:06 AM
    That article is a good find! It also says that
    "BlackBerry was ready to ship phones to other carriers if they requested it. He said there was nothing in the deal with Verizon that would prevent BlackBerry from offering an AT&T or T-Mobile version of the phone."

Carriers always love to throw the word 'exclusive' around, but rarely admit that it's a limited time exclusive or the details behind the so called 'exclusive' deal. LOL
    This is a dirty tactic by Verizon to get more people to switch or upgrade, and to steer them from switching to other carriers.

Bunch of people should get together and buy bunch of Z30's from Verizon.
    Keeping a record of "Exclusive" statements from Verizon as well as other media material.

Then, when Z30 is released with other carriers in USA, you can take this up with consumer affairs and file complaint against Verizon, as well as going back to Verizon and demanding more for the money like better service/minutes/data or threaten them with leaving and they can't charge ETF.

The problem is, we cannot rely on BB or statement from any other carriers at the moment. Honestly, the device might just as well be Exclusive to Verizon and when Z30 is released with AT&T (if ever...) they might be forced to call it Z30T or Z30A.
    10-31-13 12:53 PM
    This is a dirty tactic by Verizon to get more people to switch or upgrade, and to steer them from switching to other carriers.

Bunch of people should get together and buy bunch of Z30's from Verizon.
    Keeping a record of "Exclusive" statements from Verizon as well as other media material.

Then, when Z30 is released with other carriers in USA, you can take this up with consumer affairs and file complaint against Verizon, as well as going back to Verizon and demanding more for the money like better service/minutes/data or threaten them with leaving and they can't charge ETF.

The problem is, we cannot rely on BB or statement from any other carriers at the moment. Honestly, the device might just as well be Exclusive to Verizon and when Z30 is released with AT&T (if ever...) they might be forced to call it Z30T or Z30A.
    I wish I could find the article, but of course I can't find it now. Anyway, the point was Verizon exclusivity started as being "phone feature specific" with respect to wireless charging and something different about the camera. That's the extent of Verizon's exclusivity. Then AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint announced they wouldn't carry it. That made it carrier exclusive at that point.

It's sort of fell into Verizon's lap. I'm sure the other carriers will release it at some point but Verizon will have the only white version and camera upgrade.

10-31-13 02:19 PM
    I wish I could find the article, but of course I can't find it now. Anyway, the point was Verizon exclusivity started as being "phone feature specific" with respect to wireless charging and something different about the camera. That's the extent of Verizon's exclusivity. Then AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint announced they wouldn't carry it. That made it carrier exclusive at that point.

It's sort of fell into Verizon's lap. I'm sure the other carriers will release it at some point but Verizon will have the only white version and camera upgrade.

What do you mean camera upgrade?
    PS: Verizon's plans are highway robbery.
    10-31-13 07:33 PM
    If shipping is on time, I'll have my Telus Z30 (STA100-5) on Saturday. I'll be running it on T-Mobile, and will report back on LTE, HPSA+, and Wifi Calling.
    dosto likes this.
    10-31-13 07:51 PM
    So from the sticky http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...encies-850736/ it looks like STA100-3 is compatible with T-Mobile USA's with GSM at 1900 mhz, 3G/4G at 1900 mhz (will only work in refarmed areas) and LTE at 1700 mhz. The STA100-5 has the best compatibility with T-Mobile USA with GSM 1900, 3G/4G at both 1900 and 1700 mhz (for coverage in all areas refarmed or not) and LTE at 1700 mhz.

OK, but my question is, where can I purchase a STA100-3 or a STA100-5?

The ones at GSMNATION and Negri Electronics, and Amazon seem to all be STA100-2s.

I would rather not go through the hassle of figuring out how to buy one from Telus Of Canada, figure out how to get it shipped to the States, then get it unlocked.

Does anyone know of a website that is selling unlocked STA100-3s or STA100-5s in the States?
    ZOMG!!!!!! I just checked GSMNations site and it shows they have the STA100-5 IN STOCK!!!!!

BlackBerry Z30 (Unlocked) Black
    dosto likes this.
    10-31-13 08:21 PM
    I got my sta100-5 today and am up and fully running on T-Mobile. LTE, 4G. It all works. No Wifi calling though.

Posted via CB10
    lgcooke and dosto like this.
    10-31-13 08:21 PM
    This is very helpful, thank you. Where did you purchase your STA 100 5?
    11-01-13 03:20 AM
    A fellow forum member from Canada helped me out.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 04:17 AM
    I got my sta100-5 today and am up and fully running on T-Mobile. LTE, 4G. It all works. No Wifi calling though.

Posted via CB10
    But the lack of wifi calling is because of a current software limitation, right?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 05:25 AM
    But the lack of wifi calling is because of a current software limitation, right?

Posted via CB10
    Yes but if T-Mobile never offers the z30, that feature may never be available.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 06:20 AM
    Mine is also coming from a Canadian forum member. It's now here in town, so should be on time for tomorrow delivery!
    11-01-13 09:36 AM
    GSMNATION Has the sta5. I think it is $ 599.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 01:10 PM
    I'm in Canada right now and will be going back to Atlanta on Tuesday. I'd happily buy a Z30 for someone and ship it domestic to save on costs....although $600+13%tax+shipping+$100 convenience fee may become prohibitive for most.

Posted via CB10

Prohibitive because of that $100 convenience fee you tagged onto the price. What exactly is the convenience fee anyways? It's not like Telus stores are impossible to find. If you're there, you could be helpful and just quote the $600 + tax + domestic flat rate USA shipping and be helpful to people who could use some help.

Nice way to rip people off. IF Z people took you up on your offer, you'd be pocketing Z x $100 extra just to help people out. Way to help out fellow board members.
    mithrazor and ventz like this.
    11-01-13 02:03 PM
    My Telus Z30 came in early. I'm able to connect to LTE or the HPSA+ network on T-Mobile without any issues. It downloaded the T-Mobile account app, but not the T-Mobile wifi calling app. So it works great on T-Mobile, minus wifi calling.
    11-01-13 03:20 PM
    Prohibitive because of that $100 convenience fee you tagged onto the price. What exactly is the convenience fee anyways? It's not like Telus stores are impossible to find. If you're there, you could be helpful and just quote the $600 + tax + domestic flat rate USA shipping and be helpful to people who could use some help.

Nice way to rip people off. IF Z people took you up on your offer, you'd be pocketing Z x $100 extra just to help people out. Way to help out fellow board members.
    Come on guys. If you don't agree with the price of what's being offered, then move on. Just buy it for $599 at GSMNation. BlackBerry Z30 (Unlocked) Black
    11-01-13 04:32 PM
    No Wi-Fi calling doesn't work for me, I depend on it now... And I think I read somewhere that it's a hardware issue (radio), not merely a software one.

We need to lobby T-mobile to get this one. A Z30 without wi-fi calling is almost like a playbook without skype.
    11-01-13 05:14 PM
    i think it is up to anyone to set the conditions, and it is up to the buyer to accept them or not... i was, for instance, very lucky to find a forum member willing to do this without charging any extra, but that doesn't mean this guy you are complaining about is a bad guy, just means that the other guy who bought it for me it's very kind for doing this... don't confuse a favor with obligation... be smart and maybe ask through a PM to see if he/she is willing to drop the price a bit...

11-01-13 05:18 PM
    i think it is up to anyone to set the conditions, and it is up to the buyer to accept them or not... i was, for instance, very lucky to find a forum member willing to do this without charging any extra, but that doesn't mean this guy you are complaining about is a bad guy, just means that the other guy who bought it for me it's very kind for doing this... don't confuse a favor with obligation... be smart and maybe ask through a PM to see if he/she is willing to drop the price a bit...

I don't have to worry about getting one from Canada. That's easily done for me (how do you think I got my Z10 before it was released here). I had posted and offered to help people out, free of charge. All that they had to do was pay for the actual cost of the item + tax and whatever shipping method they preferred. I didn't tack on an additional $100/device to try and profit off of others, under the guise I was "helping" out.

I guess I was wrong to assume that we'd all help each other out (put yourself in the shoes of the person who needs help). Instead, we have people who only want to "help" others if they get paid an outrageous amount to do so.

Edit: If anyone wants a Telus Z30, msg me and I will do my best to get you one. You pay for the item, tax, and shipping..nothing else. You'll even get a receipt for the item proving you didn't get ripped off. Otherwise, use the GSM Nation link and order one.
    Tabdus and ventz like this.
    11-01-13 06:50 PM
    don't take it in the wrong way, i think the whole idea is to help out someone in the community for just the kick of it... however, not everyone sees the point of helping without getting something in return... that doesn't mean that he is doing wrong, he is just not willing to help for nothing, and that's his call... i wouldn't call it helping then (i would call it selling a Z30) but at the end of the day he is the one who set the conditions...

I don't have to worry about getting one from Canada. That's easily done for me (how do you think I got my Z10 before it was released here). I had posted and offered to help people out, free of charge. All that they had to do was pay for the actual cost of the item + tax and whatever shipping method they preferred. I didn't tack on an additional $100/device to try and profit off of others, under the guise I was "helping" out.

I guess I was wrong to assume that we'd all help each other out (put yourself in the shoes of the person who needs help). Instead, we have people who only want to "help" others if they get paid an outrageous amount to do so.

Edit: If anyone wants a Telus Z30, msg me and I will do my best to get you one. You pay for the item, tax, and shipping..nothing else. You'll even get a receipt for the item proving you didn't get ripped off. Otherwise, use the GSM Nation link and order one.
    11-01-13 07:44 PM

There is nothing wrong with tacking on a few bucks for the trouble and risk. Yes, risk. People shipping phones are opening themselves to liability's just like any business, regardless if they are profiting or not. Charge backs, lost shipments, scammers, etc. Nothing wrong with taking a reasonable fee to mitigate risks. Anyone that wants a phone not available at the time in their country and willing to import one should be willing to pay a bit extra.
    11-01-13 07:52 PM
89 1234