Buying one on ebay, which model works best on AT&T?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 09:47 AM
    If you want LTE, none of them. If you're ok with 3G/HSPA+, any of them.
    11-07-13 10:47 AM
    I got 100-2. I got 4G just not LTE it's fast as hell

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 10:53 AM
    I'm using the STA100-5 on AT&T. I consistently get 4G (HSPA+ ?) and the performance is very good. I NEVER get LTE.
    11-07-13 10:53 AM
    If you want LTE, none of them. If you're ok with 3G/HSPA+, any of them.
    To the OP. Based on raino's network findings, abbreviated in this quote, I'd say you might want to consider what other network you may be most likely in the future to move to. So, if you want to stay on AT&T but may be on TMO in the future, you need the -5. Likewise, if you might find yourself on Verizon, get their model.
    11-07-13 05:32 PM
    I'm using the STA100-5 on AT&T. I consistently get 4G (HSPA+ ?) and the performance is very good. I NEVER get LTE.
    I agree with you on AT&T's HPSA+ speed. When I was using it, the speed was very decent. Not LTE fast, but for me was plenty fast. If I had to move to AT&T with my -5, I'd have no issue with it.
    11-07-13 05:35 PM
    It's sad that not only are we in the US left waiting for ATT if they'll carry it but if we wanted to get an unlocked one we are relegated to using non LTE. Isn't there an unlocked version that works with ATT's LTE frequency?
    11-07-13 05:58 PM
    Hi everyone, I just joined this site, like many others, I'm on sprint with a 9930, I praying for them to get on board with the z30. But I have a question for someone to answer(please don't laugh!) some are buying z30 phones on ebay and other sites, and using them on their networks when no carrier is offering yet(soon Verizon) how is this done!! is there something im missing? you get a z30 off ebay and then what call at&t and have it programmed? sorry not tech savy
    11-07-13 07:35 PM
    Hi everyone, I just joined this site, like many others, I'm on sprint with a 9930, I praying for them to get on board with the z30. But I have a question for someone to answer(please don't laugh!) some are buying z30 phones on ebay and other sites, and using them on their networks when no carrier is offering yet(soon Verizon) how is this done!! is there something im missing? you get a z30 off ebay and then what call at&t and have it programmed? sorry not tech savy
    If you are on a GSM network like T-Mobile or AT&T, you use that carriers MicroSIM card in your phone. You can use either your current card or get a card from the carrier. The card is what activates the phone on their network. If you purchase an unlocked phone that's all you need to do. If you purchase a locked phone, like I did, you have to get an unlock code. The site I used to get the code was quickunlockphone.com. You give them your phones IEMI number and they give you a code. When you have code, just boot the Z30 with the carrier MicroSIM, and enter the code when it prompts for it.

Sprint is a CDMA carrier. Sorry, I don't know the procedure for a CDMA carrier.
    11-07-13 08:12 PM
    If you are on a GSM network like T-Mobile or AT&T, you use that carriers MicroSIM card in your phone. You can use either your current card or get a card from the carrier. The card is what activates the phone on their network. If you purchase an unlocked phone that's all you need to do. If you purchase a locked phone, like I did, you have to get an unlock code. The site I used to get the code was quickunlockphone.com. You give them your phones IEMI number and they give you a code. When you have code, just boot the Z30 with the carrier MicroSIM, and enter the code when it prompts for it.

Sprint is a CDMA carrier. Sorry, I don't know the procedure for a CDMA carrier.
    Spot on with GSM "activation."

I'm not sure about Sprint myself, but for Verizon, I know that as long as it's a "Verizon approved" phone you're buying (basically Verizon branded,) you can call in to activate the new phone, or swap active devices online. My guess is that Sprint would have a somewhat similar procedure.
    11-07-13 08:57 PM
    Isn't there an unlocked version that works with ATT's LTE frequency?
    No, unfortunately there isn't one. It's a pretty sad situation because I don't think BlackBerry's going to start production on it until they get an order from AT&T, and AT&T doesn't seem to be willing to carry this phone. Since AT&T uses a somewhat unique LTE band (relative to other GSM North American carriers,) AT&T's model will be "custom made" for them, like the Verizon model is being for Verizon and the Sprint model is/may be for Sprint.
    11-07-13 09:03 PM
    That's just great. So even if I want to buy an unlocked version I still can't get lte... stupid att.
    11-07-13 09:06 PM
    I agree with you on AT&T's HPSA+ speed. When I was using it, the speed was very decent. Not LTE fast, but for me was plenty fast. If I had to move to AT&T with my -5, I'd have no issue with it.
    I am thinking about this, but knowing AT&T HSPA speeds are not the best in NYC I would really consider HSPA+ with LTE as backup. Even with LTE we are getting terrible speeds in congested areas, so HSPA would be even worse. When I used Z10, even with T-Mo and that was LTE if I am not mistaken, I was getting low speeds in my neighborhood, but it rocked up to 20+mbps in less populated areas, and by less I am talking about within New York City.. Not what you would call "quiet" areas.

I got 100-2. I got 4G just not LTE it's fast as hell

Posted via CB10
    Would you mind doing some random speed test in your area? Where do you live?

That's just great. So even if I want to buy an unlocked version I still can't get lte... stupid att.
    Yeah, I posted about it here, it's total BS.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post9541328
    11-14-13 01:25 PM