I cant believe how positive this review is. Am glad that someone has taken a crack at it without biases. I don't know this website, as have never followed before, but the review was sensible enough for me to post it on the forum

Z30: The classiest BlackBerry mobe ever ... and possibly the last • The Register
    W Hoa, SK122387 and PatrickMJS like this.
    10-29-13 02:17 AM
    Pretty good review. Thanks for sharing.
    10-29-13 03:03 AM
    Jeez, I haven't read a review that positive in a while. The Register is big in England, so I hope that means people will read it.

Add this review to the list of positive ones about the Z30.

Thanks for finding this for us.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 03:05 AM
    Thanks bro.

A very motivating review and nowadays its very hard to see such for bb isnpite of releasing amazing devices like z and q10
    10-29-13 04:56 AM
    It was amazing that he referred to needing 2 days for the indexing to complete. I've read a lot of other reviews and never seen one that speaks to that. It's too bad he didn't mention how that affects the battery life for the first few days.

There weren't many comments but they had some good and some moronic points. I can't understand how some people always want to draw a parallel between Palm and BlackBerry. Palm was a one trick pony with a mountain of debt and no cash. BlackBerry has multiple business units, no debt and a good cash to asset ratio. Palm had an innovative OS and decent hardware but no business need to use their devices over anyone else's. BlackBerry has an innovative OS, very good hardware and only BlackBerry devices can be used in some specific situations.
    10-29-13 06:31 AM
    Nice, thanks for sharing

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 06:44 AM
    It's Orlowski, he's a long-time BB user as far as I know... also he made a carrier of being as "un-cool" or "un-hip" as he can eg calling every downloader a freetard etc then simply not providing comment space under his articles... lately he's improving though, he's funnier and at least willing to allow comments almost everywhere though all criticozing comments I make gets rejected - an old guy, he's having issues adjusting, I guess.

Sent from my C6833 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-29-13 07:00 AM
    Excellent review. Thanks, I've already sent it on to a few procrastinators.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 07:11 AM
    Good to see a positive review. However I'm starting to see a disturbing trend of people basically giving the phone an amazing review while admitting it is likely the last BlackBerry there will ever be.
    10-29-13 07:31 AM
    Well..., what so positiv abt. the review then?
    To me this is an average review with the restriction to prosumers or business users.

The main rating of the majotity of review is: "good but no excellent"...and I admit that I have to agree with that.
    I used the Z10 for a long time asa professional user and there are certain features that a really missing.
    I still like my Iphone IOS 7 for some feaures why I like the BB 10 for others. The problem is that thos features I like abt the IOS would have been really easy to impement on the BB10 but they were not. The difference between ok and excellent is in the detail.

Let me give an example:
    As a professional user I really like the VIP and DND feature on the ios. When i am at home I do not want to be disturbed by unimportant messages and calls. In out globalized world messages and calls arrive 24/7. I really can not understand why this is not possible for the BB10. The dnd feature was available in the BBos4 and has been removed.

Another thing is the access to important functions like the flight mode or display brightness. Why are these functions not available from the pull down menue? Also I do not understand why the pull down menue is not available while being in an app.

These might be no big features but it is really disgusting having to do 10 clicks a dozen times a day to access them.
    Another thing is the missing filte for new messages. These days we get a big load of mails every day. I would like to see only unread messages. But therer is no filter for that.

This means there are several feature missing that would make live a lot easier and more efficient but have not been implemented.
    So the details tell ok from average and I have the strong feeling bb is lacking the motivation to recognize that.
    10-29-13 08:20 AM
    Flight mode and brightness are pull downs from settings. The ability to filter by unread would be great. I have a bad habit of leaving unread stuff I have to get back to and then having to scroll to find.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 08:36 AM
    sorry but i am running 10.2 and there is no flight mode and brightness from the pull down. The only way os to select "settings" and then go to the settings menue. These is no direct access here...
    10-29-13 08:38 AM
    And possibly the last.

It could be giving it 10/10, title put me off clicking the link.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 08:39 AM
    I get mine tomorrow

Posted from my Z10
    bigbadben10 and revtech like this.
    10-29-13 08:49 AM
    I think it's marginally positive but still points out the ususal "lack of apps" mantra.

"Dammed by faint praise" comes to mind.....
    10-29-13 09:47 AM
    finally a reviewer that actually knows how to use a BB
    10-29-13 10:54 AM
    Flight mode and brightness are pull downs from settings. The ability to filter by unread would be great. I have a bad habit of leaving unread stuff I have to get back to and then having to scroll to find.

Posted via CB10
    10.2.1.xxxx has airplane mode one level up from the stock 10.2. It is the top selection under system settings.
    10-29-13 11:01 AM
    who has 10.2.1? Or are you saying it will be in the next update?

10.2.1.xxxx has airplane mode one level up from the stock 10.2. It is the top selection under system settings.
    10-29-13 12:46 PM
    who has 10.2.1? Or are you saying it will be in the next update?
    There are 10.2.1.xxx leaks

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 01:56 PM
    Just curious, do you know if items in these leaks will be implemented in the next maintenance update

There are 10.2.1.xxx leaks

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 02:05 PM
    It keeps getting better! Read this review ...

While reading this review, i was wondering if this guys is for real! I'm glad to see this level of assertiveness recommending a BB device. Maybe, just maybe, BB marketing team is behind this 👹 Whatever the case maybe, i think such a marketing is not a bad thing, especially when BB's taken so much whipping over the past 2 years.

http://www.financialexpress.com/news...9990/1189191/1
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    10-31-13 06:49 AM
    You got some funny math there 10 clicks.

You L swipe out of your apps swipe down in to setting make your change then swipe back into your app.

Unless I'm missing something....

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 07:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    You can. From hub, select search, then tap the "handle" on the left of the search field, scroll down to filters, select "unread".

It would be better if there was a more direct way to do that.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    10-31-13 08:11 AM