My new 4G SIM works fine in my Z10 and I did insert a SanDisk Extreme 64GB microSDXC card in the Z30 before powering up for the first time.

I bought the Z30 off fleabay, brand new in sealed box and locked to my service provider in the UK (O2), so not sure I would have much joy in visiting an O2 store to get them to check it out.

During initial setup I noticed that the phone was hanging whilst detecting my SIM, but I was able to swipe left and setup the Wi-Fi connection. At one point during setup I did recive an SMS from my service provider, so assumed that my SIM had been detected.

Anyway, the phone is stuck on "Checking for Updates" and has been that way for hours. I tried a soft reset - power button pressed for 10 secs, then volume up and down buttons pressed for 10 secs - but it's still stuck on that damn screen.

Is there any way do do a hard reset, or reset to factory defaults so I can try again from scratch? Are there any other options open to me?

Cheers.
    10-27-13 08:00 AM
    My new 4G SIM works fine in my Z10 and I did insert a SanDisk Extreme 64GB microSDXC card in the Z30 before powering up for the first time.

I bought the Z30 off fleabay, brand new in sealed box and locked to my service provider in the UK (O2), so not sure I would have much joy in visiting an O2 store to get them to check it out.

During initial setup I noticed that the phone was hanging whilst detecting my SIM, but I was able to swipe left and setup the Wi-Fi connection. At one point during setup I did recive an SMS from my service provider, so assumed that my SIM had been detected.

Anyway, the phone is stuck on "Checking for Updates" and has been that way for hours. I tried a soft reset - power button pressed for 10 secs, then volume up and down buttons pressed for 10 secs - but it's still stuck on that damn screen.

Is there any way do do a hard reset, or reset to factory defaults so I can try again from scratch? Are there any other options open to me?

Cheers.
    Hi! And welcome!!!!

Are you connected via Wifi or through usb to BB Link?
    10-27-13 08:38 AM
    Update - I successfully connected the Z30 to BlackBerry Link, but cannot reload the software as I have the warning "Device Setup Incomplete", which does not allow me to proceed further.

So, it's a chicken and egg situation.
    10-27-13 08:40 AM
    Hi, thanks. I tried both with the same result.

Initially through Wi-Fi, and just now through BB Link.
    10-27-13 08:41 AM
    just wait maybe the server is down
    many user experience the same with op

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 08:43 AM
    Oh, hang on a minute. It look like connecting through BB Link may have done the trick!

It has now moved on to "Additional Updates", so things seem to be moving. I'll keep you posted.
    10-27-13 08:44 AM
    yeah after that u will pass the setup

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 08:47 AM
    Glad to see that it is progressing.. I remember getting similarly stuck on my Z10 and It just took some time to connect to the server

Posted from CB10 with my Z30
    10-27-13 08:55 AM

Cheers.
    Take off the back cover. The device will then reboot and start up.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 09:12 AM
    Still having problems. I now get the message "Your device could not be registered with the blackberry infrastructure", with the options to retry or shutdown.

Setting up the Z10 took a few minutes, I have spent the last 6 hours trying to setup the Z30!

Any ideas?
    10-27-13 10:56 AM
    I managed to get past the "Checking for Updates" screen and onto the "Additional Updates" screen again about 2 hours ago.

I made sure the battery was fully charged, then removed the SIM and USB cable and made sure my Wi-Fi connection was working.

If this doesn't work before the battery dies, then it's a visit to the O2 store in the morning as I cannot think of any other options.
    10-27-13 01:41 PM
    It was still stuck on "Additional Updates" this morning, so i put in the SIM card whilst the phone was switched on. 2 minutes later setup completed. Hoorah!
    10-28-13 02:26 AM
    Grats to not giving up and enjoy your Z30.
    10-28-13 02:31 AM