So it's been a while but I'm back. About 6 months ago I went to the darkside and replaced my Z10 with a Galaxy S6. Thought I'd go with the masses and try something else.

Well I HATE the S6! The keyboard sucks, I hate how I need to go all over the phone just to view texts, emails, and notifications. My data usage went from about 5GB a month to about 15GB with the S6, use the phone the same. I thought I would get used to but I can't.

I want a BlackBerry back! Thinking the Z30 for the large screen. I know this phone is kinda old now but is it still worth it? I'm on Verizon by the way.

Thanks all for your input, it's been a while since I've done any research on phones so I'm a bit lost.
    danifulger likes this.
    12-26-15 11:52 AM
    It is.

Z30, STA100-2 /10.3.2.2639
    12-26-15 11:57 AM
    Go for it. It is an amazing phone.

Z30 STA100-5 OS 10.3.2.2813
    12-26-15 12:01 PM
    Nope. Do you really want to start 2016 with a 720p screen, an ancient dual-core processor, almost none of the popular apps, and a mediocre-at-best camera? You can get much better phones for the price.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-15 12:15 PM
    Nope. Do you really want to start 2016 with a 720p screen, an ancient dual-core processor, almost none of the popular apps, and a mediocre-at-best camera? You can get much better phones for the price.

Posted via CB10
    I always loved the screen on my Z10 other than the size I don't really see much of a difference with the S6.

I honestly feel my Z10 was less laggy than the S6. I can have full LTE bars and Facebook and Twitter still has problems "connecting" quite often.

Never been much of an app fan. For shopping I actually prefer to use mobile sites. I can open multiple tabs there when looking and comparing things. What "popular" apps does BlackBerry still not have?

And you say medicore camera? How? Honestly, who prints out pictures anymore? I can't tell the difference in any of the pics I've took with the S6 compared to one's I've transferred from the Z10. Phone cameras are getting out of hand I think. It doesn't matter how many megapixels a camera has when the lens is a half an inch in diameter.

Name something better phones for me then? That don't have the problems that I mentioned in my OP?

I like your input, but you really didn't give any basis as to why you say what you did. Phone specs aren't be and end all...
    12-26-15 12:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    Lol, of course you can get a "better" phone for the price, but not a BlackBerry, as requested by the OP . Just don't pay more than 200. Other than that the Z30 might be just fine for the next 1-2 years.

Via Pasta CB10
    12-26-15 12:30 PM
    Just ordered a brand new z30 from Ebay for $218. Found ones for cheaper but they were either used or didn't offer returns.

Thanks all for your input, even the guy who is convinced that phone specs and app availability is the answer to everything.

Now I just need to find a good durable case
    Avenzuno likes this.
    12-26-15 12:52 PM
    WTG. Subject of course to one's requirements, the Z30 is an awesome device. Keyboard, battery life stereo speakers, partek antennae, separate HDMI out, true multi tasking, hub etc etc. I just absolutely love this phone. I have a PPSE which I sometimes park just to keep in touch with this gem as I am at this very moment. Music playing as I read these posts and swipe type. A beaute indeed.

Don Diego endorses the Zed and wields a Silver.
    bigjman likes this.
    12-26-15 01:16 PM
    The Z does perform solidly. Camera is not that bad. If quality matters I grab my Leica

Well worth the price. You won't find a premium feel Android for the same price.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 09:40 AM
    So it's been a while but I'm back. About 6 months ago I went to the darkside and replaced my Z10 with a Galaxy S6. Thought I'd go with the masses and try something else.

Well I HATE the S6! The keyboard sucks, I hate how I need to go all over the phone just to view texts, emails, and notifications. My data usage went from about 5GB a month to about 15GB with the S6, use the phone the same. I thought I would get used to but I can't.

I want a BlackBerry back! Thinking the Z30 for the large screen. I know this phone is kinda old now but is it still worth it? I'm on Verizon by the way.

Thanks all for your input, it's been a while since I've done any research on phones so I'm a bit lost.
    I would go for either the Priv or the passport!

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 10:33 AM
    I would go for either the Priv or the passport!

Posted via CB10
    Why do you say that? I'm kinda over physical keyboard phones, loved my 9930 though. Like full touchscreen phones now. The keyboard on the Z10 was the best I've ever used.

And the Priv? I tried Android and absolutely hate it!
    12-27-15 11:21 AM

Z30 still worth! You can easily use this device for next two years. Battery and specs are sufficient to accomplish any task

Posted via Passport
    12-27-15 11:47 AM
    I find this really hard to believe.

My data usage went from about 5GB a month to about 15GB with the S6, use the phone the same.
    12-27-15 11:51 AM
    I sold the Moto X 2014 and with what I've taken I bought a BlackBerry Z30 :-) (a part I have the BlackBerry Passport)
    12-27-15 12:17 PM
    Very much still worth it so long as you're not a big app person.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 01:57 PM
    I find this really hard to believe.

My data usage went from about 5GB a month to about 15GB with the S6, use the phone the same.
    Any ideas why? Have you tried tracking data usage and apps?
    12-27-15 04:32 PM
    Any ideas why? Have you tried tracking data usage and apps?
    I was quoting the OP from tapatalk lol, I didn't want to quote his whole post.
    12-27-15 04:33 PM
    I was quoting the OP from tapatalk lol, I didn't want to quote his whole post.
    Oh, I did go back looking but clearly did not look very well!
    12-27-15 08:35 PM
    Very much still worth it so long as you're not a big app person.

Posted via CB10
    I love my Z30 and I think I am somewhat of an app person. I use Schwab mobile app for mobile bank deposits, I play clash of clans, I check out instagram... what am I missing?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 08:52 PM
    Galaxy S6 is actually a very good phone.

Posted via my Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    12-27-15 08:52 PM
    I love my Z30 and I think I am somewhat of an app person. I use Schwab mobile app for mobile bank deposits, I play clash of clans, I check out instagram... what am I missing?

Posted via CB10
    It depends entirely on your use. I'm not heavy on apps but my friends are. For example if you're in the medical industry there are productivity apps from companies that don't support BlackBerry.

Microsoft Office Suite is amazing but not offered for BlackBerry. Docs to Go is a decent substitute but not full function.

Periscope, Snapchat, Uber, Lyft, if people prefer a direct for their bank app in the US they're not widely available. Native Hulu, Netflix.

News papers, TV channels for streaming, etc.

I get around them by using clients like Ober for Uber or BeMaps Pro for Google Maps or the website . Others use Cobalt or Snap. Also I'm lucky to live in Canada where the banks all support BlackBerry even a credit union.

But yes those apps are missing and if the OP or anyone else contemplating the same move uses them it's worthwhile to mention it before they switch. Luckily OP seems to be able to live without that stuff!

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-05-16 11:09 AM
    Z30 is a superb handset and still has another year before it needs replacing.

My Z30 still knocks the crap out of GS5 and Iphone 6. If your not big on apps and itunes and want a productive and reliable phone, you cant beat a Z30.

X

Posted via CrackBerry App
    01-07-16 12:36 AM
    Sound and reception you're after? Z30
    One hand operation, screen, ease of use, battery(you need spare ones), front facing camera, the z10.
    The reception part is still debatable.

Posted on CB10 on Z30, Z 10 10.3.2.2639
    01-07-16 12:49 AM
    Don't understand the screen comments relating to Z30 being poorer in comparison to Z10.
    My Z30 is way brighter and sharper than my Z10, even when I have the brightness backed right off and colours are sharp and realistic.
    It does seem there might be some variation in screens on the Z30 but I seem to have a very good one.

From my Z30 STA100-2 on OS 10.3.2.2639
    01-07-16 02:36 AM
    Don't understand the screen comments relating to Z30 being poorer in comparison to Z10.
    My Z30 is way brighter and sharper than my Z10, even when I have the brightness backed right off and colours are sharp and realistic.
    It does seem there might be some variation in screens on the Z30 but I seem to have a very good one.

From my Z30 STA100-2 on OS 10.3.2.2639
    The screen on z10 is brighter and sharper. This is why there are comments about the battery life on the 10. Same operations, same charge level on both the 10 and 30, the battery on the 10 drains at least 10% faster. The 10 has an easy replaceable battery to make it up. The screen on 30 is to dark, dimmed. The only way you can tell is to have them side by side. Then you will notice!

Posted on CB10 on Z30, Z 10 10.3.2.2639
    Last edited by danifulger; 01-07-16 at 12:35 PM.
    01-07-16 03:36 AM
47 12