03-18-14 09:48 AM
26 12
tools
    Well.....

I have a Z10 and it's amazing I have a opportunity to own a Z30 (at a cost) my question is. Is it worth it with reference I'm already a blackberry 10 user. What does Z30 offer me. Battery I'm not bothered by. What else has it got better.

Screen?
    Quicker?
    Apps?

Please help

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 05:54 AM
    03-15-14 06:28 AM
    Well.....

I have a Z10 and it's amazing I have a opportunity to own a Z30 (at a cost) my question is. Is it worth it with reference I'm already a blackberry 10 user. What does Z30 offer me. Battery I'm not bothered by. What else has it got better.

Screen?
    Quicker?
    Apps?

Please help

Posted via CB10
    I started on a Z10 the day it was released. Love that thing honestly love it.
    Then by the time my carrier released the Z30, my contract was up for renewal, which includes a free device, so I got my 30.

To begin with the size difference was quite an adjustment for me, I found the 30 to be massive in comparison but I got used to it.

I also noticed the vast difference between the LCD and AMOLED. Personally I prefer LCD, but that's just personal preference but don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, the screen on the 30 is awesome!!!! Just something that's a bit different, I'm talking about visually here.
    You also have the extra screen real estate because of the size.

You mentioned you don't care about the battery, so I'll just say I had no problems with the 10 but my 30 seems to last forever.
    Note the 30's battery is non-removable.

Quicker in terms of what?
    Each update has brought vast improvements to the devices running. I sposse occasionally 1 or 2 certain apps run slightly quicker, but I'd say it's a pretty even keel on that.
    Also depends on which model Z10 you have. I guess most would say the 30 is a bit quicker

I think you're getting pretty much the same apps, possibly bar 1 or 2 but if that is the case it's minimal. I think that would only change with a qwerty device.

Extra things the 30 has that the 10 doesn't:
    - Miracast
    - Built in FM radio
    - USB On-the-go

Guess it all boils down to if you wanna spend the money or not. Either way they are both great devices. Hope this helps

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    JTon likes this.
    03-15-14 06:39 AM
    + wifi direct

Posted via CB10
    MiSsY_ likes this.
    03-15-14 06:59 AM
    There's different z10s!?!? how do I find which one I have and how it compares to other z10's

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 08:14 AM
    Go to settings and About. It's written next to Model number

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 08:37 AM
    Well.....

Screen?
    Quicker?
    Apps?

Please help

Posted via CB10
    The screen is noticeably worse. That you will notice. Day to day operations should be about par, the Z30 is faster in certain tasks such as video editing through apps like Story Maker. The apps are the usual fleet of apps, some apps are on the Z10 but not Z30 for some reason. The larger screen might be a benefit or a drawback depending on your personal preference. The battery life alone is worth the upgrade though.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 08:40 AM
    Stl100-2 is my one is that a good one or not lol I thought it was it has 4g and everything

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 08:53 AM
    USB OTG is a very nice feature on the Z30

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    03-15-14 08:57 AM
    + wifi direct

Posted via CB10
    Don't forget the paratech antenna
    03-15-14 09:06 AM
    If battery life isn't a concern and you don't like a larger screen I don't think the z30 is worth the switch at this time. I'd stick with your z10 and maybe take the switch with the next big release.

If I had a Z 10 right now and not my z30 I would wait for the next release. I love my z30 but I think the z10 holds it own fine.

Posted via my Z30
    03-15-14 09:08 AM
    I made the switch..loving my Z30

Aka S.Jizzle Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2141
    03-15-14 09:11 AM
    Extra things the 30 has that the 10 doesn't:
    - Miracast
    - Built in FM radio
    - USB On-the-go

Guess it all boils down to if you wanna spend the money or not. Either way they are both great devices. Hope this helps

-paratek antenna
    -awesome dual speakers for far better sound than the Z10
    -feels better in the hand and of superior quality
    -smoother glass
    -less plasticky
    -slightly faster (who doesn't enjoy more speed?)
    -better battery life
    -bigger screen makes the keyboard better/easier to operate

Couldn't pay me enough to go back to a Z10.
    03-15-14 09:34 AM
    I am an ex z10 user , switched to z30 ....buying a z30 is worth every penny ....a true fact of life ! ...just do it !
    03-15-14 10:52 AM
    -Wifi direct
    -LTE max / LTE advanced (according to another thread)

I made the same switch and got a Z30 for contract renewal. The difference probably isn't astounding but I do want the best device that can use BB10 on for the moment. Who knows when then next flagship touchscreen is coming? Neither the Z30 nor the Q20 is it, and one of them isn't even arriving until late this year. It might be at least next year until we see the Z50 or however that is called if BB10 handsets continue to be manufactured.
    03-15-14 12:13 PM
    Processor-wise, the Z30's CPU is the same architecture as your Z10's, but around 200 MHz faster. As for the GPU, the Adreno 320 in the Z30 should be quite a bit better than the Adreno 225 in your Z10 (according to Anandtech: Adreno 320: New features and performance benchmarks ).

Most of the other differences have been addressed already.
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    03-15-14 12:50 PM
    -Wifi direct
    -LTE max / LTE advanced (according to another thread)

I made the same switch and got a Z30 for contract renewal. The difference probably isn't astounding but I do want the best device that can use BB10 on for the moment. Who knows when then next flagship touchscreen is coming? Neither the Z30 nor the Q20 is it, and one of them isn't even arriving until late this year. It might be at least next year until we see the Z50 or however that is called if BB10 handsets continue to be manufactured.
    LTE Max is not dependent on the Z30, it depends on the bands your device has. For example, the STL100-2 (European Z10) would be considered an LTE Max device in Canada (We've got the STL100-3). Due to the 2600 MHz band. Although LTE Max is really just marketing, if anything you're going to notice even worse wall penetration.

LTE Advanced is a different story. This is currently not in any BlackBerry device (That has been publicly released).
    03-15-14 01:18 PM
    Processor-wise, the Z30's CPU is the same architecture as your Z10's, but around 200 MHz faster. As for the GPU, the Adreno 320 in the Z30 should be quite a bit better than the Adreno 225 in your Z10 (according to Anandtech: Adreno 320: New features and performance benchmarks ).

Most of the other differences have been addressed already.
    I was under the impression that the Z30 was a newer architecture CPU, not just a speed bump. Its supposed to be Krait 300 cores in the 30 vs Krait in the 10, at least as far as I've read.

Anyway, I have both, and I'd say go Z30. Won't regret it!
    03-15-14 01:39 PM
    I was under the impression that the Z30 was a newer architecture CPU, not just a speed bump. Its supposed to be Krait 300 cores in the 30 vs Krait in the 10, at least as far as I've read.

Anyway, I have both, and I'd say go Z30. Won't regret it!
    Upon further reading, I think you may be right.

Even better.
    03-15-14 01:45 PM
    Well.....

Screen?
    Quicker?
    Apps?

Please help

Posted via CB10
    Just upgraded from the Z10 a few days ago.

1. Battery is FAR better...Way Way Better!
    2. Speaker is way better..Much much better speaker..pretty impressive
    3. Larger screen...just easier to see everything
    4. the z30 is a larger frame so holding it and typing with just our thumb is a bit more challenging
    5. Not sure that I've seen anything more that stands out, but the battery life alone is so attractive that you'll not want to go back in all honesty.
    03-15-14 02:33 PM
    Upon further reading, I think you may be right.

Even better.
    Might be true but the performance isn't really noticable when using the phone. My hub still hangs when first booting up as well as opening contacts when the phone first turns on. Very annoying hangs on this, but I used to get them on the Z10 as well. Performance wise, I'm not seeing anything that stands out even if the numbers tell otherwise.
    03-15-14 02:36 PM
    1. The Z30 feels better in my hand than the Z10.
    2. The design is better. The glass-weave back looks and feels great.
    3. The screen real estate is very welcome
    4. The sound system is awesome. I can't describe this accurately enough. You have to hear it to believe it.
    5. You can plug flash drives, keyboards, mice and game controllers into the Z30 via USB. Technically you could even charge someone else's phone by plugging it into the Z30.
    6. Battery life is incredible. Not only is the battery bigger, but the screen is AMOLED which means when it is displaying black, it uses no power. The interface on the Z30 renders lots of things black (which are white on the Z10) like settings, so as to further save battery.
    7. The colours on the AMOLED display are more vibrant.
    8. The paratek antenna has better signal reception and also helps to save the battery life.

On the downside. The volume rocker is better on the Z10.

Response crafted in seconds on a Z30
    03-15-14 02:38 PM
    1. The Z30 feels better in my hand than the Z10.
    2. The design is better. The glass-weave back looks and feels great.
    3. The screen real estate is very welcome
    4. The sound system is awesome. I can't describe this accurately enough. You have to hear it to believe it.
    5. You can plug flash drives, keyboards, mice and game controllers into the Z30 via USB. Technically you could even charge someone else's phone by plugging it into the Z30.
    6. Battery life is incredible. Not only is the battery bigger, but the screen is AMOLED which means when it is displaying black, it uses no power. The interface on the Z30 renders lots of things black (which are white on the Z10) like settings, so as to further save battery.
    7. The colours on the AMOLED display are more vibrant.
    8. The paratek antenna has better signal reception and also helps to save the battery life.

On the downside. The volume rocker is better on the Z10.

Response crafted in seconds on a Z30
    Agree x2
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-15-14 02:46 PM
    in my case
    z10:
    1. easy to handle with one hand, but hard to type with 2 hands.
    2. removable battery, no need ever to recharge with the battery bundle. infinite battery always on 100% without the wait of recharging time.
    3.volume rocker is more solid, and pressing the power button on the z10 is easier, on my z30 seems a bit curved and hard to press.

z30:
    1. bigger screen, but quality seems better on the lcd's z10 than the amoled's z30.
    2. not easy to handle with one hand, and heavier.
    3. easy to type on bigger screen.
    4. snappier. browsing on this thing is very nice.
    5. long long i mean it, very long battery life, comparable to galaxy note 2.
    6. volume rocker seems wobbly.
    03-17-14 12:23 AM
    The z10 is identical, except for the differences noted so far. There are a few.

If you like your z10, stay with it.

For me the z30 was the best, because I read more per line and see more lines in the screen.

Web searching is easier for me. Typing too.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 10:26 PM
26 12