Is there any video on how to remove the SIM card from Z30? I'm unable to remove the SIM. The spring lock system in the phone may not be working so when I try to push it inside and unlock, nothing happens. Nor am I able to pull it out as it's in the slot, and there's just no space to grip and pull out the SIM.

My phone is working fine and am not facing any issue with regards to connecting to the mobile network, fyi.

Thanks for the help!

CB10 on Z30
    01-22-14 10:21 PM
    Tweezers are your friend.

Posted from the Shield Helicarrier - via Z30
    NtotheK likes this.
    01-22-14 10:34 PM
    Did you use a sim adapter of any kind?

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 11:44 PM
    Did you use a sim adapter of any kind?

Posted via CB10
    No adapter used. Just the sim. But it's strange that the sim doesn't come out. Anyways, i've managed to replace it. thanks!
    01-23-14 12:43 AM
    I have the same problem,

I couldn't take the SIMcard out. Usually I just press the SIMcard and the spring will load up and push the SIMcard out (just like the SDcard).

What could be the problem (I suspect the spring is not responding or something)? any idea how to get it fixed?

Although everything working normally, what could be the effect about the spring problem?
    Last edited by Suton Tamimy; 03-17-14 at 07:36 AM.
    03-17-14 07:15 AM
    i just notice that my sim slot isn't spring either.
    i replace my sim with 4g sim and now because it isn't spring i cannot remove my 4g sim
    any solution on this?
    03-27-15 08:59 PM
    I'm too lazy to get mine out of its form fitting case and remove the back cover but I don't think they are spring-loaded at all. I think it is merely a friction fit. I don't recall if there's an edge on it like the sd-card (which does have a slightly raised edge that a thumbnail can kind of pull against.
    03-27-15 10:40 PM
    I'm too lazy to get mine out of its form fitting case and remove the back cover but I don't think they are spring-loaded at all. I think it is merely a friction fit. I don't recall if there's an edge on it like the sd-card (which does have a slightly raised edge that a thumbnail can kind of pull against.
    Just checked Z30 sim is spring loaded. I would say carefully try tweezers.
    03-28-15 01:35 AM
    I put my Sim in the wrong way once I used a needle to slowly pry it out, it worked for me but you really need to be careful.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 01:15 PM
    STA100-3
    SIM slot is spring loaded ratchet system.
    • If the SIM card is in the slot, push it in until you hear a click, then release it. The SIM will pop partially out and will be removable.
    • If the SIM is out of the slot, line it up correctly and push it in until you hear a click, then release it. The SIM is now locked in place correctly on the contacts.
    03-28-15 04:00 PM
    I can't speak for your particular handset however my sim slot is spring loaded. I just dug it out of the case to check it now before my response in another thread.

I use a sim adapter, swap regularly and have never had any issues with my spring failing.

Sorry I can't be of any help on this topic. Wondering if somebody can confirm the tweezer trick worked? Would be nice to know for future reference.
    03-28-15 08:57 PM
    My Z30 from rogers was never spring loaded. Only the SD card slot is
    03-28-15 09:00 PM
    Mine was spring loaded. I have never used sim adaptor, only micro sim card but spring somehow doesn't work anymore..

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 01:10 AM