I am still waiting to hear back from a contact at BlackBerry whether he can get his hands on an STA100-1. Hopefully he has good news soon.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    I found the STA100-1 on Amazon if you are still interested. It is sold by worldwide distributors/Amazon. If you click about you will find the phone number and can confirm that it is the 100-1. I may go with 100-5 and switch to T-Mobile switching would cut my bill in half but I don't know anything about T-Mobile service, hmmm decision.
    01-07-14 12:02 PM
    I found the STA100-1 on Amazon if you are still interested. It is sold by worldwide distributors/Amazon. If you click about you will find the phone number and can confirm that it is the 100-1. I may go with 100-5 and switch to T-Mobile switching would cut my bill in half but I don't know anything about T-Mobile service, hmmm decision.
    I love tmobile. Service isn't as perfect everywhere like vz but in big cities LTE is great (just the super boonies tmobile lacks). The best part is their plan structure and super cheap prices. I pay $30 a month for prepaid!

Pounded out on the last great qwerty to rule them all.. Q10
    Taede likes this.
    01-07-14 02:11 PM
    Please share the link!!! I apparently don't posses your GoogleFu. :-)

01-07-14 08:24 PM
    Please share the link!!! I apparently don't posses your GoogleFu. :-)

This is the link.
    Amazon.com: BlackBerry Z30 Smartphone Unlocked Import: WorldWide Distributors

I decided to make the switch to T-Mobile STA100-3. I went to GSM Nation and place my order today. I will keep my Torch just in case I need do some serious emailing but I am really looking forward to rocking my Z30

Typo: I decided to make the switch to T-Mobile STA100-5
    Last edited by Taede; 01-22-14 at 08:29 PM.
    01-08-14 01:21 AM
    This is the link.

I decided to make the switch to T-Mobile STA100-3. I went to GSM Nation and place my order today. I will keep my Torch just in case I need do some serious emailing but I am really looking forward to rocking my Z30
    I'm checking the link you provided, but I am not seeing where you were able to tell that it is an STA100-1. How did you make the correlation?

01-08-14 07:50 AM
    I'm checking the link you provided, but I am not seeing where you were able to tell that it is an STA100-1. How did you make the correlation?

I called and spoke with a rep. To locate the number, from the Amazon page, click Worldwide Distributors. Near the top right side of the pages under about seller click read more. There you find their phone number. The rep I spoke with was very helpful and knowledgeable.
    01-08-14 10:17 AM
    I called and spoke with a rep. To locate the number, from the Amazon page, click Worldwide Distributors. Near the top right side of the pages under about seller click read more. There you find their phone number. The rep I spoke with was very helpful and knowledgeable.
    Gotcha.... the number to the vendor not necessarily a model number or something like that. Thank you for your patience and further assistance!

01-08-14 01:39 PM
    Just got off the phone with them and they are currently out of stock on the STA 100-1, but said they're expecting more next week...
    01-08-14 01:45 PM
    Just got off the phone with them and they are currently out of stock on the STA 100-1, but said they're expecting more next week...
    They seem to have more in stock now, has anyone been able to confirm that this is in fact the STA100-1?
    01-13-14 04:28 PM
    They seem to have more in stock now, has anyone been able to confirm that this is in fact the STA100-1?
    Just off the phone and they only have 100-2's
    01-14-14 02:15 PM
    Just off the phone and they only have 100-2's
    Figures. I don't think the 100-1 exists.
    saxxman likes this.
    01-14-14 02:26 PM
    Talking to another company today that "claims," they have the STA100-1. It looks less reputable than the Amazon link, price is $550.00

I may give it a shot.
    01-22-14 10:17 AM
    I have been on the same boat as you are.
    AT&T customer for many years, got a great discount on lines and they sent me a shiny LG G2 and all add'l perks.
    I have been waiting for Z30 since it was released for VZ..

I thought about buying one from online retailers, but lack of warranty makes them risky purchases.
    In NYC the difference between 4G (HSPA+) and LTE is negligible, in fact LTE speeds are so slow I wish I could disable LTE and just force 4G on my phone, so I don't think there will be a major difference in terms of data. It all comes down to your preference. Do you want to get a VZ phone that has eyesore branding but have a place to return or get support and I believe BB honors the warranty, or pick up something from Amazon, from a seller who is unable to provide exact model number and you never know if the model # you will receive will be what they told you on the phone. Sure you can return it, but careful, some of the "Marketplace" sellers have different return policies.

I read numerous reviews, I think I spent way too much time on Z30, and some reviewers say they received open packages and when they asked seller they said "we opened to unlock".. Some of them are getting different model numbers, etc. Perhaps ebay would be a better place to buy with their newly adopted ebay policies protecting the buyer.

In fact Q10 was my first choice but those keyboard problems people kept mentioning stopped me from buying one (I am still eying them on CL, though)
    01-22-14 11:00 AM
    From what I can gather if I purchase any of the Z30s out, it will lack LTE. Is there a big difference between 4G LTE and 4G? It just seems I will be purchasing a Porsche and restricted from using 5th gear or is it 6th?.

If I can get a Z10 on the cheap I would do it until/if the Z30 becomes available on AT&T. Want that Z30 Phablet just the perfect size.
    If you get an 01 you get LTE.
    Even 05 should get some LTE.
    I am on TMO and have LTE on both of these models..
    01-22-14 11:02 AM
    Put a value on your time and don't waste it trying to save a minimal amount.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 11:05 AM
    Put a value on your time and don't waste it trying to save a minimal amount.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think his focus is on trying to save money. He just wants to get the most compatible device with his network. You can buy from the most reputable seller who ships you a phone with a warranty, you can pay premium for that service but they can sell you the model # that won't even get you 3G on your carrier. So, since there is no Z30 for AT&T yet, a lot of AT&T users have been trying to get their hands on STA 100-5 but then they are left without a warranty or a place to return since most of these come from Canada.

It looks like the best bet for AT&T users (or T-Mo users alike) who want Z30 at this moment:
    A) Buy STA100-5 online and couple it with Square Trade warranty for total of $675 for 1 year or $750 for 2 years. *
    B) Buy STA100-3 from Verizon Store for about $650.
    C) Wait for AT&T to release STA100-1

Benefit of *A is that you not only get normal warranty, but you also get warranty against damage/loss, but there is a *100 deductible.
    01-22-14 11:28 AM
    This is the link.

I believe you need a sta100-5 with tmobile. It supports an aws signal

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 11:42 AM
    I have been on the same boat as you are.
    AT&T customer for many years, got a great discount on lines and they sent me a shiny LG G2 and all add'l perks.
    I have been waiting for Z30 since it was released for VZ..

I thought about buying one from online retailers, but lack of warranty makes them risky purchases.
    In NYC the difference between 4G (HSPA+) and LTE is negligible, in fact LTE speeds are so slow I wish I could disable LTE and just force 4G on my phone, so I don't think there will be a major difference in terms of data. It all comes down to your preference. Do you want to get a VZ phone that has eyesore branding but have a place to return or get support and I believe BB honors the warranty, or pick up something from Amazon, from a seller who is unable to provide exact model number and you never know if the model # you will receive will be what they told you on the phone. Sure you can return it, but careful, some of the "Marketplace" sellers have different return policies.

I read numerous reviews, I think I spent way too much time on Z30, and some reviewers say they received open packages and when they asked seller they said "we opened to unlock".. Some of them are getting different model numbers, etc. Perhaps ebay would be a better place to buy with their newly adopted ebay policies protecting the buyer.

In fact Q10 was my first choice but those keyboard problems people kept mentioning stopped me from buying one (I am still eying them on CL, though)
    I love my Z30. I got it online from GSM Nation. I ordered it on a Tuesday and it was in my had on Thursday 2 days later. G.Nation doeas a great job at listing the models they carry and network compatiblity. There are instruction above on how check which model works with your carrier. I purchased the STA100-5 this model works with Tmobile. I was with AT&T since 2000 and made the switch. My bill went from $140.00 per month to $70.00 per month. I was skeptical but so far it has been well worth it. I am in New York and Tmobile's coverag here is awesome. I paid $629.00 for my device and will make that money back in savings.

http://www.gsmnation.com/

The Z30's pros heavily out weighs the cons starting with the keyboard.

Con: took some time to get use to touch screen typing
    Pro: typing just as fast if not faster than being on a physical keyboard.
    I miss my physical keyboad. Loveing my Z30 touch keyboard.
    Many of my coworks Apple and Android users included praise the Z30/BB10
    01-22-14 06:43 PM
    I believe you need a sta100-5 with tmobile. It supports an aws signal

Posted via CB10
    Typo I have the STA100-5 with TMO and this thing ROCKS.
    01-22-14 06:48 PM
    I love my Z30. I got it online from GSM Nation. I ordered it on a Tuesday and it was in my had on Thursday 2 days later. G.Nation doeas a great job at listing the models they carry and network compatiblity. There are instruction above on how check which model works with your carrier. I purchased the STA100-5 this model works with Tmobile. I was with AT&T since 2000 and made the switch. My bill went from $140.00 per month to $70.00 per month. I was skeptical but so far it has been well worth it. I am in New York and Tmobile's coverag here is awesome. I paid $629.00 for my device and will make that money back in savings.

GSM Nation - Unlocked Phones | No Contract Mobile Phones | iPhones, Android, Blackberry, Samsung, Sony, Nokia, Motorola

The Z30's pros heavily out weighs the cons starting with the keyboard.

Con: took some time to get use to touch screen typing
    Pro: typing just as fast if not faster than being on a physical keyboard.
    I miss my physical keyboad. Loveing my Z30 touch keyboard.
    Many of my coworks Apple and Android users included praise the Z30/BB10
    Hi, I am in NYC too, I could not agree more that T-Mo rocks in NY and it would rock much harder with Z30, I am sure...
    I am still with AT&T but they cut me a super sweet deal so I am stuck with them for 2 more years. I figured I can always get it out of contract but now we have this band problems..
    I assume you are all good with LTE all over town. Hopefully your low volume issue will be fixed too.

I was about to get one from mobile nations too now I am looking for people who have either -5 or -3 to post their speed tests, I am just curous.
    01-22-14 07:31 PM
    hi, i am in nyc too, i could not agree more that t-mo rocks in ny and it would rock much harder with z30, i am sure...
    I am still with at&t but they cut me a super sweet deal so i am stuck with them for 2 more years. I figured i can always get it out of contract but now we have this band problems..
    I assume you are all good with lte all over town. Hopefully your low volume issue will be fixed too.

I was about to get one from mobile nations too now i am looking for people who have either -5 or -3 to post their speed tests, i am just curious.
    STA100-5 T-Mobile
    Last edited by Taede; 01-23-14 at 03:27 AM.
    01-22-14 08:47 PM
    From
    Z30 shopping overwhelming-img_20140122_225540.pngfrom yesterday in Manchester NH on T-Mobile LTE on an unlocked STA-5

Posted via my kick@ss Z30 on the equally kick@ss CB10
    01-22-14 09:56 PM
47 12