So today i noticed my Z30 with a build defect and funnily enough the guy who posted about ripping the door or what he thought was the door on the left hand side of the phone. Well my Z30 the same trim was peeling off.

I didnt notice it for the past couple of weeks ive had it but today as i was running my hand around the left
    hand side, took off the battery door so wanted to make sure it was seated properly, i felt my finger catch something
    so was surprised/shocked to see that the bit of silver trim was coming off.

So people if you are about to get one, make sure you check that no silver trim is peeling off.

Anyhow rung the place i got it from here in the UK, a seller on Amazon UK and he said send it back for a
    replacement, which i shall be doing tomorrow. Hopefully i will get a new one but wont be till next week as they want to check it for themselves which is fair enough.

So back to my trusty old Z10, which feels absolutely tiny now. But now im in a conundrum, do i keep the Z30 when i get it back or should i sell it brand new as it will be a new one coming. Reason is that as much as i love the Z30, the screen is definitely not as sharp as the Z10...found it quite blurry but then that could be that my Z30 had a faulty screen.

So will see what the new one looks like and if its sharper screen wise than the original one, then ill keep it otherwise it will go up for sale.
    snejpa likes this.
    11-27-13 11:43 AM
    Wow I'm checking my Z30 now. That sounds bad

Posted via my NEW Zed30
    11-27-13 11:50 AM
    Wow I'm checking my Z30 now. That sounds bad

Posted via my NEW Zed30
    Well it wasnt exactly what i wanted to see but it doesnt take anything away from the Z30 which is still an awesome device in itself.

Just sucks that the Q&A testing isnt so brilliant on the Z30...
    11-27-13 12:45 PM
    Well it wasnt exactly what i wanted to see but it doesnt take anything away from the Z30 which is still an awesome device in itself.

Just sucks that the Q&A testing isnt so brilliant on the Z30...
    I see, that's extremely unfortunate. How does it feel going back to the Z30?

Posted via my NEW Zed30
    11-27-13 12:51 PM
    I see, that's extremely unfortunate. How does it feel going back to the Z30?

Posted via my NEW Zed30
    Bit strange getting used to my Z10 now as its much smaller but the Z10 i have is far far sharper than the Z30 i had. So hopefully when i get the new Z30, the screen will be better and sharper as i found the Z30 screen to be blurry compared to the Z10. Maybe i had a defective screen on my Z30 because the shop Z30 i saw a few times before i bought mine...looked pin sharp.
    11-27-13 02:38 PM
    Makes me want to make VZW sell me the demo Z30 I've using, as side by side with the Z10 there was very little difference in the screen sharpness, at least not enough to sway me one way or another. The Z30 did win out on color depth and quality for me. I like the Z10, but the Z30 wins for me.
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    11-28-13 01:23 AM
    So today i noticed my Z30 with a build defect and funnily enough the guy who posted about ripping the door or what he thought was the door on the left hand side of the phone. Well my Z30 the same trim was peeling off.

I didnt notice it for the past couple of weeks ive had it but today as i was running my hand around the left
    hand side, took off the battery door so wanted to make sure it was seated properly, i felt my finger catch something
    so was surprised/shocked to see that the bit of silver trim was coming off.

So people if you are about to get one, make sure you check that no silver trim is peeling off.
    What color is underneath? If it is black then that might not be such a big deal for some.

Posted with CB10 on my exclusive Verizon Z30
    11-28-13 02:03 AM
    The entire phone being replaced when just the back cover could simply be replaced? Hope it gets recycled or something, seems like a waste.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 03:38 AM
    What color is underneath? If it is black then that might not be such a big deal for some.

Posted with CB10 on my exclusive Verizon Z30
    I have no idea what colour was underneath, it was slightly coming off and didnt want to pry it out in case the retailer didnt exchange the phone etc.

The entire phone being replaced when just the back cover could simply be replaced? Hope it gets recycled or something, seems like a waste.

Posted via CB10
    Its not the back cover, read my first post, its the side silver trim on the left hand side. If you look at the phones left hand side you will see that there is a bit that is glued on ie the silver trim isnt just one piece like the right hand side of the phone. I dont know why they made it like that but that little piece of silver trim is coming off slightly and seeing as i use a pouch, thats only going to come off more as i pull it out and put it into the pouch.

The tech guy who posted thinking it was a door and got nailed to the wall in here, have a look at his thread and the pics and that bit he yanked off is the one im talking about.

Anyhow im sure they will replace the phone completely but will see what they do.
    11-28-13 06:03 AM
    This is so confusing. Just took my Otterbox off to check mine and there is absolutely nothing there that I can see or feel that may be coming loose. If everything was good and you didn't have a reason to open the back cover how is it possible. I'm not going to pull my cover off to do any more checks but this is puzzling to say the least. I hope you get yours sorted out soon enough though and good luck next time. Btw I can't see myself going back to Z10 and having a good experience with that after using a far superior device (in my opinion) for a month now. I looked at my Z10 a few days ago and it looked and felt so inferior compared to my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 07:55 AM
    Yep, it is just glued on which means that if it was to come off you could potentially just glue it back on there...
    It is black underneath. I thought you had been talking about a different section but I know now that you are talking about the flap sticking up from the back cover that covers the SIM and SD slots.
    11-28-13 08:23 PM
    This is so confusing. Just took my Otterbox off to check mine and there is absolutely nothing there that I can see or feel that may be coming loose. If everything was good and you didn't have a reason to open the back cover how is it possible. I'm not going to pull my cover off to do any more checks but this is puzzling to say the least. I hope you get yours sorted out soon enough though and good luck next time. Btw I can't see myself going back to Z10 and having a good experience with that after using a far superior device (in my opinion) for a month now. I looked at my Z10 a few days ago and it looked and felt so inferior compared to my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    I updated software on my wife's Z10 last night and I couldn't believe what I saw and felt. I can't believe I ever used a Z10 and I've had my Z30 less than 2 weeks.
    11-28-13 08:25 PM
    Right just an update, got my Z30 replaced the other day. Opened the box up to have a look and my original issue with the first Z30 isnt there anymore so looks like they might have got a defective Z30 ie the silver trim. The new one sent to me looks much better and that bit of the silver trim seems to be glued on better now.

All is well with the world, need to transfer my stuff from the Z10 back to my Z30 but that shouldnt take long.

Have missed my Z30, i have another one that was up for sale yesterday but thats been sold now.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    12-05-13 12:58 PM
    Does the screen still look blurry to you?
    12-05-13 01:06 PM
    Yep still the same but I'm on with it. I had a look at one on display and it was pretty much the same. Guess I've been spoiled by my z10's screen.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 03:55 PM
    Curious, the piece of trim that is glued on... if you turn the phone sideways, was it above or below the charging port on the left side? I have a piece of trim above that looks as though it's coming off, but it's actually a part of the back cover. Is that the piece your talking about?

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 06:30 PM
    My z30 is razor sharp. I had the z10 prior to this and can't imagine going back to the smaller screen.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 06:33 PM
    Curious, the piece of trim that is glued on... if you turn the phone sideways, was it above or below the charging port on the left side? I have a piece of trim above that looks as though it's coming off, but it's actually a part of the back cover. Is that the piece your talking about?

Posted via CB10
    Think so, the silver trim that i was talking about was above the charging port but is not part of the back cover, pull your cover off and you will see that the silver trim that is glued on isnt part of the back cover..its separate.
    12-06-13 07:36 AM
    Think so, the silver trim that i was talking about was above the charging port but is not part of the back cover, pull your cover off and you will see that the silver trim that is glued on isnt part of the back cover..its separate.
    I have seen some reports of this OP.
    Someone who didn't have as much fore thought as you actually ripped the whole thing off and then complained like hell about it.
    I think that there was possibly a a bad batch that went out? These things do happen.
    I had to have my Z30 swopped out, because I sort of broke the sim slot, so waiting for the replacement.
    But that one didn't have an issue with the silver, I'll check the new one when it comes.
    But it should be ok I think. I'm going with a bad batch, was just unfortunate luck

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    12-06-13 09:44 AM
    Would you be able to post a picture of the phone's back with the back cover taken off? On my Z30 and on all others that I have seen so far, the silver trim IS part of the back cover. I wonder if they changed anything?
    Spawn12 likes this.
    12-06-13 12:20 PM
    Would you be able to post a picture of the phone's back with the back cover taken off? On my Z30 and on all others that I have seen so far, the silver trim IS part of the back cover. I wonder if they changed anything?
    You are correct my friend. So sorry to all if I have confused u even more lol.

Yes the silver trim in talking about seems to be part of the back cover.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 12:47 PM