BB updated the KB today and admitted the issue is not fixable by patch/update/etc. Or they don't want to go through the trouble of telling people what to do..

Does anyone know what is the JI774114
    Probably some internal tracking or ticket number.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 09:37 PM
    BB updated the KB today and admitted the issue is not fixable by patch/update/etc. Or they don't want to go through the trouble of telling people what to do..
    This sucks... I'm still waiting for an update of my reseller, but now I know that waiting for a fix was pointless...

What a disaster for BB..
    03-13-15 04:16 AM
    my z30 did the same thing after leaving it connected to HDMI over night causing it to die. screen blank did everything you did. i would only be able to see the screeen when it was connected to the HDMI. i didnt do anything else but wait it out but still nothing until i plugged it in a charger (wall) until it finally came to life on its own. maybe i was lucky but this happened more than 2 times for me lol. everytime it dies it does that but 10.3.1 update fixed that for me.
    03-14-15 12:55 PM
    This sucks... I'm still waiting for an update of my reseller, but now I know that waiting for a fix was pointless...

What a disaster for BB..
    It's now fixed for devices that didn't enter the death state.

Posted via CB10
    nixysug likes this.
    03-14-15 12:59 PM

KB36766-BlackBerry 10 smartphone Screen appears blank or black and will not power on after software update

Does anyone know what is the JI774114
    Well after reading this I went ahead and started the process of a warranty return. Mine still has to August on its warranty so hopefully they will do the right thing and make it good!

Posted via CB10
    nixysug and heading4tomorrow like this.
    03-14-15 07:07 PM
    03-25-15 10:51 AM
    Check news feeds for good BlackBerry news about extended warranty.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 11:20 AM
    I sent my e-mail this morning, and received (automatic response, I guess) this :
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry� Customer Support. We have received your request for support on your Z30 and the issue described in KB36766.

One of our BlackBerry support representatives will be contacting you shortly to review your issue and provide next steps.

Please do not reply directly to this email.

Thanks you for choosing BlackBerry.

Sincerely,
    BlackBerry Customer Support
    FF22 likes this.
    03-26-15 09:48 AM
    Hi guys,

I'm happy to tell you that I received my brand new Z30, in replacement of the bricked one.
    I checked the PIN number and the IMEI, they really replaced it, not only the screen.
    I downloaded the latest updates before everything else, it is running smoothly, I managed to restore my previous Z30's backup with BB Link,
    Everything went well !

I'm finally happy , and I hope it won't happen again

Thank you all for your help and support, guys, you rock !
    FF22 and heading4tomorrow like this.
    04-01-15 02:02 AM
34 12