I just placed my order for a new BlackBerry z30 in White!
    (even though they might announce a new one later this year)
    I'm looking to purchase screen protector for it i'm currently leaning
    towards the official BlackBerry z30 Screen Protector which they
    say has "smudge-proof technology" but has anyone used these?
    that's one thing i didn't like about some other phones i've used in the past.
    the nokia(920 i have used) devices have awesome glass screens some sort of coating on them that hides oil smudges
    I don't want to get the anti glare screen guards don't like how they make the screens look blurry
    03-08-14 02:49 PM
    I have the official BlackBerry Z30 screen protector. While it won't prevent fingerprints showing on the screen, it does stop smudges from distorting what's showing on screen.
    zclash likes this.
    03-08-14 04:13 PM
    How's the fit with the official BlackBerry protector? Is it a dry application?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 07:11 PM
    Yes it is a dry application.

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    Admorris likes this.
    03-08-14 08:02 PM
    If you're looking for an option, see post 3 here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-armor-911413/
    03-08-14 08:43 PM
    Zagg also makes a great screen protector for the Z30

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 09:02 PM
    I have the official BlackBerry Z30 screen protector. While it won't prevent fingerprints showing on the screen, it does stop smudges from distorting what's showing on screen.
    Do you see a good amount of difference between with and without?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 03:59 PM
    Zagg also makes a great screen protector for the Z30

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately, the ZAGG kiosk at a local mall did not have the Z30 screen protector in stock. But, the guy was able to use a universal one and fit it very nicely to my Z30. I used the HD version for my Z10. Although it is smoother than the original, the HD version did pick up scratches like regular screen protectors do. Not nearly as bad, but it did have minor scratches after 6 months of use.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 04:17 PM
    Bought my Z30 two days after release. Still have the protector that came on it installed. Has worked quite well. I look at the screen every couple weeks to check for scratches where the protector doesn't cover the glass. Nothing I've seen yet.

I have started to wear the protector down a bit though. Can see where I swipe to unlock has started to wear a layer off.
    03-09-14 04:49 PM
    Unfortunately, the ZAGG kiosk at a local mall did not have the Z30 screen protector in stock. But, the guy was able to use a universal one and fit it very nicely to my Z30. I used the HD version for my Z10. Although it is smoother than the original, the HD version did pick up scratches like regular screen protectors do. Not nearly as bad, but it did have minor scratches after 6 months of use.

Posted via CB10
    Best Buy Mobile carries the Zagg

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 04:58 PM
    Can the people who have installed Z30 screen protectors from various brand names (zagg, ishields, blackberry, etc...) post pics showing the fit and finish of them on the device?
    03-09-14 07:10 PM
    I'm going to try Ghost Armor. Its gotten good reviews and is supposedly better than ZAGG.

Posted from my Sexy White BlackBerry Z30
    zclash likes this.
    03-09-14 07:25 PM
    I'm going to try Ghost Armor. Its gotten good reviews and is supposedly better than ZAGG.

Posted from my Sexy White BlackBerry Z30
    Please be sure to come back and give your comments once you have it installed!
    03-09-14 08:05 PM
    Trust me on this get a matte screen protector it works wonders and no stupid fingerprints and the screen shows so clear now . You can find it in amazon easily for under 10 bucks and you get a pack of 3 and cones with the wipe and tool to put it on very easy to do it

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 08:11 PM
    I will tomorrow when I'm at work

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 08:12 PM
    Best Buy Mobile carries the Zagg

Posted via CB10
    They do?? I've given up trying to find anything for BlackBerry at Best Buy. I'll have to check it out.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 10:47 PM
    Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 11:23 PM
    I really don't feel comfortable spraying my Z30 with anything or using wet stuff. That speaker grill and the mic hole does not look too good...
    I got a $3 protector from ebay but I am not entirely happy with it, it is actually nice but it doesn't really feel as nice as some of the others I got for my other devices, I would like to get one that is crystal clear yet fingerprint and oil resistant. For now, this $3 will do.
    03-10-14 12:13 AM
    I really don't feel comfortable spraying my Z30 with anything or using wet stuff. That speaker grill and the mic hole does not look too good...
    I got a $3 protector from ebay but I am not entirely happy with it, it is actually nice but it doesn't really feel as nice as some of the others I got for my other devices, I would like to get one that is crystal clear yet fingerprint and oil resistant. For now, this $3 will do.
    Agreed I'm now leaning towards the clear ghost armor but the BlackBerry official ones might be less of a hassle to work with but we will see.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 12:38 AM
    I don't spray my device....spray the protector, or just use common sense and stay away from the speaker. ZAGG or Ghost Armor are the only way to go, imo. You get what you pay for with screen protectors. Not worth it as far as I'm concerned when you have to replace your screen protector every month...btw, ZAGG has a dry install option. I don't know about Ghost Armor.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 05:53 PM
    Just ordered skinomi shield with spray adhesive
    Use skinomi on all my devices and better than zagg for half
    The price quality protector and nearly invisible when applied
    And really hard wearing never scratched on any devices.

Skinomi� TechSkin - BlackBerry Z30 Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield + Lifetime Warranty:Amazon.co.uk:Electronics
    03-11-14 09:36 AM
    My wife got a new Z30 on the weekend and the Bell rep put on a "no name" screen protector as part of a package, but I think it is too thick. My wife has to swipe 2 or 3 times to wake it up. Me too.

My Q10 has thin screen protector, maybe Ghost and it wakes up on the 1st swipe.

I think I will take off my wife's Z30 "no name" and look for something else.
    03-11-14 10:18 AM
    I just ordered a couple from Xtreme Guard. They are 90% off if you use code 90off2
    03-11-14 11:38 AM
    I'm officially using the blackberry brand screen protectors I also purchased the ghost armor and will be putting that once I use up my current screen guards.
    So far so good slightly smudge free but if you have oily hands/fingers it doesn't really work that well.

Posted via CB10 using my beautiful white Z30
    03-16-14 02:29 PM
    I got some I smooth ones from amazon. Went on good with no bubble and are cut to fit. No drag feeling when you swipe. Just put it on, it might not last a long time but I like it so far.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 04:22 PM
32 12