Had a chance to play with a Z30 in a Bell store today. I was very pleasantly surprised with the screen clarity and sharpness.

I don't know the details of the technology behind the pixels in the screen, but let me tell you that if you like the Z10 screen clarity, you will have no issue with the Z30. I had my Z10 with me and was able to compare the screens side by side -- and the Z30 held its own and then some.

Somehow -- even though it has the same resolution of the Z10's 4.2 inch screen but stretched out to 5 inches -- it manages to generate a very very crisp and colourful display.

Again, I was very impressed and surprised to see it. Good stuff

Also : the audio is the best I've heard on a cell phone to date.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 02:51 AM
    Very pleased to read this- I have ordered my Z30 without having a look on it... I just hope (and believe) that the Z30 will impress me and will be able to substitute my Z10... I hope to hold it in my hands (the first time!) not later than saturday! :-)
    jrohland likes this.
    11-07-13 03:02 AM
    I'm using a z30 as I type this.

Screen is Brilliant but I feel that the screen's PPI can be better at least 330.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 03:55 AM
    After trying many rival 5" phones I believe that the Z30 is the best phone on the market.. the speed is insane on this phone. I was a nay sayer and a z10 advocate until I got my Z30 and boy there is a difference. The quad core gpu makes all transitions buttery smooth it's unreal. Every BlackBerry enthusiast should go out there and get rid of their awesome z10s and Q10s and UPGRADE them to the Z30 ecause it is more awesome and phenomenonal in every way. I really think that BlackBerry should do a BlackBerry challenge campaign with this phone because it will impress... I don't know if I can emphasise on its speed more .... it's just flipping jet fast, and has a gorgeous display

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    Slamdunc1 likes this.
    11-07-13 06:05 AM
    I can't believe what a big stink a few people here make over the ppi. Probably the same people who thought the note2 had a wonderful screen.

Posted from my Z30
    11-07-13 12:01 PM

Screen is Brilliant but I feel that the screen's PPI can be better at least 330.

Posted via CB10
    Try downloading this screen shot and display it on your Z30. I think you will find that it doesn't need 330 ppi as any icon fuzzies are because of rendering smaller images to get more on the screen.
    Attached Thumbnails Z30 screen looks much better than expected :)-z10_720x1280.png  
    11-07-13 12:04 PM
    I think they did a great job with the speakers

Posted from my awesome Z30 on O2 UK with 10.2.0.224
    11-07-13 12:14 PM
    I posted some less than positive comments in another thread regarding the Z30 display. I'd like to clarify how I feel about the display now that I'm on day 6 of having the Z30, because I think its received more negative comments than justified.

For me the display is very clear and sharp. It has an incredibly smooth glass finish. It's a pleasure to use. The colors are vibrant and there is plenty of contrast, although the white is weak due to the AMOLED technology used. It is usable in outdoor days with bright sunlight. I like it.

The screen due to the SuperAMOLED technology helps the incredible battery time on the Z30. I get the impression that, the engineers intentionally lowered the maximum panel brightness to also boost batter life. I feel the panel should go brighter, and it would be very welcome for the panel to go brighter. Compared to my Z10 LCD display, and my Samsung SII SuperAMOLED display, the Z30 is much dimmer. If I am correct about the engineers limiting the output, then I can understand why it was done. But make no mistake, as good as the display is, it is not as bright as you might be used to.

The bottom line for me is, the Z30 is such an amazing phone in every respect, the slightly dim display is accepted. Best phone I have ever used, much better than I expected (and I was expecting it to be good).
    BravoZuluDelta likes this.
    11-07-13 12:24 PM
    If Tmobile could just have these in store so I could go for a test drive...

Post via CB Z10
    11-07-13 12:32 PM
    Be nice if they gave the option to make the screen brighter. We are not all dummies who will complain about battery life after making the change.
    11-07-13 12:32 PM
    I posted some less than positive comments in another thread regarding the Z30 display. I'd like to clarify how I feel about the display now that I'm on day 6 of having the Z30, because I think its received more negative comments than justified.

For me the display is very clear and sharp. It has an incredibly smooth glass finish. It's a pleasure to use. The colors are vibrant and there is plenty of contrast, although the white is weak due to the AMOLED technology used. It is usable in outdoor days with bright sunlight. I like it.

The screen due to the SuperAMOLED technology helps the incredible battery time on the Z30. I get the impression that, the engineers intentionally lowered the maximum panel brightness to also boost batter life. I feel the panel should go brighter, and it would be very welcome for the panel to go brighter. Compared to my Z10 LCD display, and my Samsung SII SuperAMOLED display, the Z30 is much dimmer. If I am correct about the engineers limiting the output, then I can understand why it was done. But make no mistake, as good as the display is, it is not as bright as you might be used to.

The bottom line for me is, the Z30 is such an amazing phone in every respect, the slightly dim display is accepted. Best phone I have ever used, much better than I expected (and I was expecting it to be good).
    This man speaketh the truth!
    On a more serious note yes the Z30 is something you have to experience to appreciate. Samsung and all the android manufacturers led all the consumers on a spec race tirade when in fact at the end of the day user experience is still the number one factor. This speaks volumes about why apple still isn't being dominated by Android in terms of loyalty and build quality. In this regard only apple and BlackBerry make quality phones that are in fact solidly built maybe except for the HTC one and the LG g2

Posted via CB10
    jupiter8 likes this.
    11-07-13 12:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    To increase the PPI you either need to increase the resolution (more pixels on the screen) or reduce the size of the screen (same number of pixels in a smaller area). If you increase the resolution, the phone will use more power and work harder to move more bits of data to the screen. That will mean less battery life and less computing cycles for apps. In my opinion, BlackBerry struck the right balance between the competing requirements.

The factor I have not seen discussed on the topic of image quality is comfortable working distance from the eyes. If you check, you will probably find people will hold the Z10 closer to their eyes than the will do with the Z30. That factor balances the so called jaggies. If you put the 2 phones next to each other and view them from the same distance, the Z10 will look smoother. If, however, your hold the 10 a bit closer as you would likely do in real life, they will look identical in terms of resolution.
    M--Canuck likes this.
    11-07-13 12:50 PM
    As we know, there is a group, I call the cabal, who make it a point to pick at every nit until it bleeds. The reason, I assume is to spread FUD in hopes of building doubt in the minds of potential buyers. I don't know if the cabal is paid or not, but it seams we must live with them as members won't put them on their ignore list.
    jupiter8 likes this.
    11-07-13 12:55 PM
    If Tmobile could just have these in store so I could go for a test drive...
    Post via CB Z10
    I'm not switching to Verizon, but will visit them (hopefully, before Dec 1st) to check out the Z30.
    11-07-13 02:59 PM
    From the talk around here you'd think people were comparing the z30 screen to the pentile crappy screen on the sg3

Posted from my Z30
    11-07-13 03:03 PM
    Try downloading this screen shot and display it on your Z30. I think you will find that it doesn't need 330 ppi as any icon fuzzies are because of rendering smaller images to get more on the screen.
    The text is a bit blurry. However the speakers are great.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 07:57 PM
    I'm not switching to Verizon, but will visit them (hopefully, before Dec 1st) to check out the Z30.
    Good idea. I'll mark my calendar.

Post via CB Z10
    11-07-13 08:48 PM
    Very pleased to read this- I have ordered my Z30 without having a look on it... I just hope (and believe) that the Z30 will impress me and will be able to substitute my Z10... I hope to hold it in my hands (the first time!) not later than saturday! :-)
    May the Z30 come to you faster than expected and may your experience be a joyous one.

Post via CB Z10
    jupiter8 likes this.
    11-07-13 08:52 PM
    You'll never regret getting the Z30. I can't wait to show sales reps, especially ones pecking away at the miniscule IPhone. And peck they do, as it takes them twice as long to do anything. They kind of look stunned. It's fun to be on the right side of the fence for a change. At least as far as user experience is concerned.

Posted via CB10
    jupiter8 likes this.
    11-07-13 09:32 PM
    I was very satisfied by my Z10 and I was sceptical towards the Z30; I was not sure if the "average" specs, the lower resolution and the fractional improving of the quality will substitute my Z10 and will become worth the money...
    Yes- it does! Ist the best BB ever and I�m really impressed. The speakers itself make it worth to spend the money!!!! AAAAWESOME!!! I LOVE 5" Displays (from now!)
    Compare the screenshots:

Z30 screen looks much better than expected :)-img_00000517.jpgZ30 screen looks much better than expected :)-img_00000574.jpg
    Z30 screen looks much better than expected :)-img_00000518.jpgZ30 screen looks much better than expected :)-img_00000577.jpg
    Z30 screen looks much better than expected :)-img_00000519.jpgZ30 screen looks much better than expected :)-img_00000578.jpg

Love it!!!!!
    Z30 screen looks much better than expected :)-img_00000576.pngZ30 screen looks much better than expected :)-img_00000575.jpg
    11-23-13 01:11 PM