With regards to design aesthetics and materials, where would you put the Z30 compared to the other Android flagships? I would put it over the G2 and S4 as I'm not a fan of the glossy plastic look. The Z30 looks to be more premium than those at least.

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    I read recently where a reviewer had a chip out of the bottom of their Z30 - and it hadn't been dropped. Just put in his pocket. Evidently the silver plastic on the bottom is just painted on. Flagship material? I don't think so....
    10-12-13 06:58 PM
    Dave, you're not fooling anyone with the blind acceptance routine. You must realise this is a pretty ordinary specc'd device for a flagship. Compare it to the LG G2, or the S4, HTC One or the iPhone 5s. It's just not there, and won't be. Maybe the next flagship .... if it has a 1080p screen at least.
    Honest question... what are the better specs in the iPhone 5s besides the 64 bit proc?
    10-12-13 08:13 PM
    What did the doctor order? More apps isn't a device.
    The doctor might have ordered them not to submit review devices that reboot multiple times while the reviewer is trying to evaluate the phone.

Oh wait... they were paid by Samsung to say that, right?

(Black helicopter hovers nearby...)

BlackBerry Z30 Review
    10-12-13 08:22 PM
    I read recently where a reviewer had a chip out of the bottom of their Z30 - and it hadn't been dropped. Just put in his pocket. Evidently the silver plastic on the bottom is just painted on. Flagship material? I don't think so....
    Was it like the chips on the aluminum devices?

10-12-13 08:22 PM
    ...BB10 device cameras perform like 2011 Flagship phones. Almost all of the 2012 and beyond Flagships from Apple, HTC, Samsung, and even Sony are better than the BB10 devices...
    This is an interesting assessment because actual websites that did actual tests comparing the iPhone5, Z10 and Galaxy S(3 or 4 not sure) gave the iPhone a SLIGHT overall edge over the Z10 with the Z10 actually garnering the most individual "wins". The Samsung device came in last overall.

Did you have some actual reviews to post here or are we just supposed to take you at your word?
    10-12-13 08:57 PM
    Honest question... what are the better specs in the iPhone 5s besides the 64 bit proc?
    i dont think an iphone will win many spec sheets. But you put the iphone thru some tests and benchmark it and it will dominate almost even time. It will win on battery life, GPU and many other tests even over high end androids.

Take a look thru this review and see how it does in the tests. Its amazing to see these results year after year from them

AnandTech | The iPhone 5s Review
    10-12-13 09:00 PM
    10-12-13 09:01 PM
    The doctor might have ordered them not to submit review devices that reboot multiple times while the reviewer is trying to evaluate the phone.

Oh wait... they were paid by Samsung to say that, right?

(Black helicopter hovers nearby...)

BlackBerry Z30 Review
    I don't believe these bull**** reviews when I haven't heard a single buyer having reboot issues with the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 09:09 PM
    I don't believe these bull**** reviews when I haven't heard a single buyer having reboot issues with the Z30.
    You didn't need to post this. We all knew that this would be the response. Since early this year, you've been saying this about every single shortcoming of the new phones, even though 90% of the problems are now ackowledged to be accurate, even by the mods and the people who write the articles you see on the front page of CB.

I asked you a few weeks back if you would at least admit that many of the problems that you dismissed are now big, real, looming issues. You chose not to respond.

Do you want me to give you a link?

(Black Helicopter revving up...)
    Last edited by mset; 10-13-13 at 03:14 AM.
    10-12-13 10:04 PM
    1. I saw a Z30 with Verizon Branding today. Rebooted 2X. Never saw that on my Z10. Never. Very odd.

2. The Z30 isn't a bad device by any means, just one that falls short of what we expect from a 2013-2014 flagship."

This appears to be a pretty universal consensus. A good device. For $200 on a 2 year contract, maybe. But following a few months behind the Z10 and for $700 off contract. It's just not enough phone for too much money.
    $129 for 2 years on the TELUS network, that my dear sir is a smokin' price and what exactly is expected by the these tech geeks in a 2013-2014 device anyways who makes this list? Is it some i.dustry standard like IEEE, or ASME, no its subjective junk from tech wonderboys period.

Does the phone work great for you and do the things you want it to do then it meets YOUR Criteria for what YOU Expect from a flagship device. Man this BS from the blogosphere rattles my chains.

Posted by the Zed of rockivy
    10-12-13 10:31 PM
    Mine shipped with a lot of hugs. Rebooting, unable to remove bar on Android runtime and really low call volume. Fixed by installing a leak, but come on BlackBerry sending buggy review and retail units out is ridiculous!!

Posted via CB10
    Davidro1 and kevinnugent like this.
    10-12-13 10:46 PM
    Those people are all misusing "flagship" anyway. They think it refers to the very highest-end product but that is normally called a "halo" device. The "flagship" is typically the one that a company sells the most of or is best-known for. For example, Nissan's flagship isn't the GT-R, it's the Altima. /end nit-picking
    LWKING likes this.
    10-12-13 10:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Mine shipped with a lot of bugs. Rebooting, unable to remove bar on Android runtime and really low call volume. Fixed by installing a leak, but come on BlackBerry sending buggy review and retail units out is ridiculous!!
    (Cough...)
    Davidro1 likes this.
    10-12-13 11:07 PM
    Mine shipped with a lot of hugs. Rebooting, unable to remove bar on Android runtime and really low call volume. Fixed by installing a leak, but come on BlackBerry sending buggy review and retail units out is ridiculous!!

Posted via CB10
    Do you happen to know if your variant is the right one for your region? What OS came stock with your device that had your issues and what leak fixed them for you? There may be those who will find the info useful in case it's happening to them as well. Thank you for the info.

10-12-13 11:42 PM
    Funny to read all of these opinions about the review and the phone itself. I do have a Z30. Is it the BlackBerry flagship product? Yes. Does it meet 2013 HW specs? No. Do I care? Nope, because it does the job nicely.
    It is a fantastic device and works as expected. I like it and that is what matters.

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Z30
    owadkelly likes this.
    10-13-13 02:09 AM
    I always find it fishy when they make statements like "middle of the road camera" and "bad call quality" without any supporting evidence. What does middle of the road mean? What about the call quality is bad? signal? volume? clarity?
    Read the review, it provides camera samples. The reviewer says the camera gives good pictures in good light but quality degrades rapidly with levels of light. Also the video mode has some issues.

For call quality, I wonder about that too - he says voice sounds "metallic"? Could be a network problem. He did mention he saw no benefit to the Paraket antenna, he was expecting better reception than other phones (what it does is mainly save power no? With wrong expectations he may have focused too much on low signal areas)
    10-13-13 03:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    Wish mine came with hugs.
    10-13-13 03:05 AM
    Anyone installing leaks in expecting trouble. The phone works well. Engadget reviewer envy is normal..they probably never use Z30 review unit...too busy correcting typos on small screened iphone they worship all day. How do you know that they really review and use the phone for several day?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 03:07 AM
    Those people are all misusing "flagship" anyway. They think it refers to the very highest-end product but that is normally called a "halo" device. The "flagship" is typically the one that a company sells the most of or is best-known for. For example, Nissan's flagship isn't the GT-R, it's the Altima. /end nit-picking
    Ummmm, no.
    10-13-13 03:17 AM
    Anyone installing leaks in expecting trouble. The phone works well. Engadget reviewer envy is normal..they probably never use Z30 review unit...too busy correcting typos on small screened iphone they worship all day. How do you know that they really review and use the phone for several day?

Posted via CB10
    Other way around - the guy here experienced reboots with the shipped version of the OS. The leak actually resolved it for him.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 03:21 AM
    Pretty decent review of the Z30 over at Engadget.com.
    BlackBerry Z30 review
    Didn't read the full review but read the excerpted conclusion and that hardly sounds promising.
    10-13-13 04:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    (Cough...)
    24 hours in and LOVE it. OS is buttery smooth and the screen is vibrant. It IS noticeably less sharp than the Z10 screen but doesn't really bother me. Hmm what else... Android apps seem to run better but I guess that's down to the faster internals. Overall very impressed!

Posted via CB10
    (Cough...Cough...)

It seems sometimes the SAME source provides conflicting results. Maybe an in depth review with a better explanation is needed. So far it is a draw in my eyes.
    10-13-13 06:17 AM
    Seems like BB did a great job at shipping a buggy OS since crashes are a recurring theme, unless it's apps they're talking about.
    badiyee likes this.
    10-13-13 06:35 AM
    Wouldn't worry too much about Engadget review. HTC One got rave reviews from most top tech sites but with delays and poor marketing sales since launch are far below expectations. Mostly die hards read the tech sites. So just market the hell out of the Z30 and get some major buzz going in social media and this Engadget review will become an after thought.
    10-13-13 07:05 AM
    What I find interesting is BB never had a superior tech spec'd phone. Why are people here expecting one now?
    Build quality, Call Quality, Security and Usability for business and everyday use is what BB is about and thats what I expect from BB.

My only concern is the reviewers comments about call quality and rebooting. If these check out as not a concern, I'll be buying this device.
    10-13-13 08:07 AM
141 ... 3456