I don't understand how all these review units seems to have stability problems and the OS keeps crashing. I have a stock Sprint Q10 and have never experienced this. I don't see any reports of problems with forum members' Z30s or with the CrackBerry review unit. It would be interesting to know which OS version/build is on these review units with problems.
    I heard it's the Mexican Z30's that are having trouble which appears to be legit as it was the (majority) Mexican Z10's that had the reboot issues.
    I doubt it's a pure software issue.
    10-11-13 09:06 PM
    So you've had the Z10 and Q10 and now have a Z30? Are you going to get a Q5 also?

I don't mean any disrespect btw, I buy a lot of phones also. I am just noticing that what I expected to see is turning out true. Every Z30 owner I have heard from thus far has owned other BlackBerry 10 devices. Actually, every one of them so far has owned at least two BB10 devices.

I haven't looked very hard though, just what I've noticed from glancing at Twitter, Facebook and here.
    I own a Z10, Q10 and now a Z30 (which was giving to me by my boss as a 'thank you'). I wouldn't have bought a Z30 as it's not good enough for the off-contract cost.
    I prefer my Q10 - but then my last BlackBerry was a Bold 9700.
    kevinnugent and Saiga like this.
    10-11-13 09:10 PM
    I always find it fishy when they make statements like "middle of the road camera" and "bad call quality" without any supporting evidence. What does middle of the road mean? What about the call quality is bad? signal? volume? clarity? No doubt the Z30 might have some bugs, but every new device does, for example my iphone crashed and rebooted yesterday (mind you it was a fairly quick turnaround time which I am thankful for) Is this going to stop me from getting the Z30? Probably not, especially with 3rd party developers for instagram, snapchat, and vine, Im even more seated in my decision to switch!
    They explained it in the review. Come on, I read it on my phone while half asleep (I was anticipating the review too much...don't question my tactics).
    10-11-13 09:18 PM
    I was particularly struck by the phrase 'it needs a home button.' There's a good unbiased start right there.
    10-11-13 09:22 PM
    I own a Z10, Q10 and now a Z30 (which was giving to me by my boss as a 'thank you'). I wouldn't have bought a Z30 as it's not good enough for the off-contract cost.
    I prefer my Q10 - but then my last BlackBerry was a Bold 9700.
    That is an awesome thank you gift! I would own a Z30 right now if it weren't for the off contract price. Once the price becomes more realistic and they can be had for $300-$350 I'll probably pick one up.
    10-11-13 09:29 PM
    I was particularly struck by the phrase 'it needs a home button.' There's a good unbiased start right there.
    LOL
    10-11-13 11:59 PM
    That's not at all what he said. He just mentioned that without a home button it can be difficult sometimes to wake the phone up one-handed.
    10-12-13 12:20 AM
    That's not at all what he said. He just mentioned that without a home button it can be difficult sometimes to wake the phone up one-handed.
    Because he didn't know there was a wake swipe gesture.
    10-12-13 12:29 AM
    Because he didn't know there was a wake swipe gesture.
    Yes he did, he said it was unreliable for him though. Am I the only one who actually read it?
    10-12-13 12:35 AM
    Yes he did, he said it was unreliable for him though. Am I the only one who actually read it?
    We just read this from the reviewer. What did you read?

...For instance, without a dedicated home button, you've got to rely that the sometimes unreliable up-swipe gesture works, or you'll have to shift your hand to hit the sleep/wake button before unlocking the screen, and it's ultimately much easier just to employ the second paw rather than look a fool on the train station platform...

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    10-12-13 12:42 AM
    We just read this from the reviewer. What did you read?

...For instance, without a dedicated home button, you've got to rely that the sometimes unreliable up-swipe gesture works, or you'll have to shift your hand to hit the sleep/wake button before unlocking the screen, and it's ultimately much easier just to employ the second paw rather than look a fool on the train station platform...
    How does that contradict anything that I said?
    10-12-13 12:45 AM
    ...For instance, without a dedicated home button, you've got to rely that the sometimes unreliable up-swipe gesture works,
    Too many commas in this paragraph so it's a little hard to interpret but here goes.

He's grouping the (sometimes unreliable) up-swipe gesture with his observation that the home button is missing. This implies that his assertion that the unreliable up swipe gesture makes getting around without a home button to be difficult.

Second part:

or you'll have to shift your hand to hit the sleep/wake button before unlocking the screen, and it's ultimately much easier just to employ the second paw rather than look a fool on the train station platform...
    This part of the paragraph deals with unlocking the phone. He doesn't seem to know that the up-swipe gesture unlocks it as he's commenting on the difficulty involved with moving his hand to the unlock button at the top edge of the phone.

Perhaps if he learned how to write a proper sentence he'd do a better job getting the point across.
    10-12-13 01:03 AM
    Sorry but the swipe gesture is far more reliable and durable for long term. Because there is no button to break or degrade.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 01:06 AM
    I haven't experienced a single random reboot on 10.2 leaks.
    This struck me as a pretty funny/sad statement. I have a feeling that the hardcore of BBRY defenders here don't immediately get what's funny/sad about it.

Still, I can't wait to try one of these out.
    10-12-13 02:20 AM
    In 8 months, my Z10 only ever randomly rebooted once, and that was on the first OS. My Q10 and Z30 have never rebooted.

Call quality has always been excellent on all 3 devices, although I will admit that it's a little bit quiet on the Z30

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 03:50 AM
    Agree with Engadget! Z30 would have been a slightly better entry level to OS10 last year.

With so many choices, customers need not wait for BBRY to get it acts together. Other makers can keep up. Example: Sammy note 3. It is simply awesome! With a s-note and secure knox who needs bbry?
    10-12-13 03:53 AM
    I agree with Engadget's assessment and it was predictable as soon as the specs leaked. They think the screen is ok but not as sharp as 1080 ones. Lots of people say you cannot see the difference, but Engadget says it can. The other specs are underwhelming.
    10-12-13 04:09 AM
    Agree with Engadget! Z30 would have been a slightly better entry level to OS10 last year.

With so many choices, customers need not wait for BBRY to get it acts together. Other makers can keep up. Example: Sammy note 3. It is simply awesome! With a s-note and secure knox who needs bbry?
    Gee, thanks for the tip; I'm sure we'll all be leaving BB now due to your uncanny insights . . somebody get the lights on your way out.
    Terser Nori likes this.
    10-12-13 07:56 AM
    This struck me as a pretty funny/sad statement. I have a feeling that the hardcore of BBRY defenders here don't immediately get what's funny/sad about it.

Still, I can't wait to try one of these out.
    Not sure I get your point.

What's sad imo is that the company can't get anything right. There are people in this thread calling the reviews BS. 3 reviews about the same issue and people still call fake? That's just sad.

Posted with my Q10!
    10-12-13 08:09 AM

Hahaha. Not a chance. I was tempted by the first note specifically for the S-pen. Then my husband got one so I got to use it. Not too many apps use the S-pen and the ones that do don't do it efficiently so you end with it being more trouble than its worth to take it out.

I'll stick with my BB10 thanks. Honestly don't think I could go to any OS that doesn't have the HUB.
    10-12-13 08:45 AM
    So the constant reboots leaves you saying decent? It's good to see they've fixed that issue. Then we ask why are they on a free fall? Sheesh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    10-12-13 08:56 AM
    I always find it fishy when they make statements like "middle of the road camera" and "bad call quality" without any supporting evidence. What does middle of the road mean? What about the call quality is bad? signal? volume? clarity? No doubt the Z30 might have some bugs, but every new device does, for example my iphone crashed and rebooted yesterday (mind you it was a fairly quick turnaround time which I am thankful for) Is this going to stop me from getting the Z30? Probably not, especially with 3rd party developers for instagram, snapchat, and vine, Im even more seated in my decision to switch!
    Middle of the road means just that. You know Google has definitions right?
    mid�dle-of-the-road
    adjective
    avoiding extremes; moderate.
    "the paper reflected the views of its middle-of-the-road readers"

The best cameras on phones are on the iPhone 5s, Nokia 1020.
    Next best are the 13 mp cameras on Samsung phones and Nokia 9XX models.

Middle of the road would be the ones on BB phones, Moto X, Nexus 4, and on some windows phone 8 devices I don't know much about.
    ElGusta, howarmat and litig8or98 like this.
    10-12-13 10:31 AM
    So the constant reboots leaves you saying decent? It's good to see they've fixed that issue. Then we ask why are they on a free fall? Sheesh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Inertia?
    LWKING and Terser Nori like this.
    10-12-13 10:34 AM
    Well the review was ok, I guess, I mean really, you cant have rainbows and unicorns every time all the time. As Dave Bourque stated above, I would like to see the circumstances under which the phone rebooted, or video of it. I thought I had read that the swipe tutorial is on the Z30 as well. With that said, the "know it all" guys just leap frog through it and get to the meat and potatoes of the phone? Meh... maybe I'm wrong. As for looking like a fool on the train platform performing multiple swiping gestures... WTF??? Does the reviewer feel singled out because they are test driving a BB and everyone is staring at them. Get a clue, then get a grip on reality.

BTW... This phone has no home button.
    10-12-13 10:40 AM
    Based on past negative media coverage, I don't blame you
    Based on BB's history of releasing half-baked products with glitches, I would say the media is once again correct.
    10-12-13 10:58 AM
141 12345 ...