Ask anyone here...this thing doesn't crash or reboot. Its perfect
    Well I've had a Z10 and it's never crashed / reboot on itself so I'm one of those who thinks it's "perfect"
    10-11-13 12:10 PM
    Did ALL the reviewers ALL handle the device in their own hands? Or are they just quoting each other (or probably BGR?)
    The reviews I've read for the most part seem to indicate they handled the device in their own hands but obviously some will have done more extensive research than others.
    10-11-13 12:15 PM
    Blackberry Z10 is 10x more stable then Apple iphone 5S because that one crash in multitasking and in iworks when you copy/past text etc.

Also the pictures he took is not the pictures I made inside the building and out of the window. Some pictures are ok but most of them he moved his hand or something. maybe he shaking to much.

testing the z30 to open all apps wide open like youtube pro, browsing a movie, game , mp3 and videoplayer and calling my mum, wife and meanwhile texting whatsapp and BBM. after 30 minutes no problem and still . This phone is a beast and i mention it before , this is the phone with a great OS.
    10-11-13 12:30 PM
    Even I would like to know what is going on with these stability claims.
    What I don't understand is how this could be an issue at all. Admittedly, I'm no electrical or software engineer, but all the reading I did leading up to BB10 release talked about how QNX was chosen due to it's tremendous stability, and that was why it was used in new automobile applications, and certain NASA endeavours.

Did the Space Shuttle suffer from reboots?
    21stNow likes this.
    10-11-13 12:32 PM
    Can't speak for the reviewer, but my own experience:
    Device has never crashed to the point where it needed a reboot or power down. Actually device has never been shutdown, because battery lasts so long i always get to a charger before its dead.
    Some apps did crash, but they are all 3rd party or sideloads. I'm guessing they might need a tweak or update for 10.2. However a simple app restart is what is required. Even this occurs very rarely.
    I had to reboot the hub only once, and that was because 1 Facebook chat message wasn't opening thru the hub.

Call quality is superior to anything else i have used. I live in a very low signal area, and this is the first phone where i can make call and receives calls with good quality from within my house. I've had only 1 call drop.
    The one thing i really don't buy from that review is CALL QUALITY and OS REBOOTS, unless that phone has a hardware issue, due to a drop or other manufacturing defect.
    Nharzhool, gfondeur and wincyUt like this.
    10-11-13 12:46 PM
    I haven't experienced a single random reboot on 10.2 leaks. Of all the different versions BlackBerry could have shipped the Z30 with, why the hell would they choose THAT one? Idiots.

Seriously, they Neeeed solid reviews on this device. This isn't going to cut it. There's no room for mediocrity here. What were they thinking?

Posted with my Q10!
    10-11-13 12:56 PM
    Also a Z30 owner here since a couple of days... best BlackBerry ever I had, including my current Q10 and the Z10 which I gave to a friend...

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Z30
    wincyUt likes this.
    10-11-13 01:06 PM
    1. I saw a Z30 with Verizon Branding today. Rebooted 2X. Never saw that on my Z10. Never. Very odd.

2. The Z30 isn't a bad device by any means, just one that falls short of what we expect from a 2013-2014 flagship."

This appears to be a pretty universal consensus. A good device. For $200 on a 2 year contract, maybe. But following a few months behind the Z10 and for $700 off contract. It's just not enough phone for too much money.
    10-11-13 01:12 PM
    I have noticed most reviewers still not praising BB10 software yet even though they know very well it is better than competitors because most of them have too much investment with other platforms.
    wincyUt likes this.
    10-11-13 01:25 PM
    Also a Z30 owner here since a couple of days... best BlackBerry ever I had, including my current Q10 and the Z10 which I gave to a friend...

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Z30
    So you've had the Z10 and Q10 and now have a Z30? Are you going to get a Q5 also?

I don't mean any disrespect btw, I buy a lot of phones also. I am just noticing that what I expected to see is turning out true. Every Z30 owner I have heard from thus far has owned other BlackBerry 10 devices. Actually, every one of them so far has owned at least two BB10 devices.

I haven't looked very hard though, just what I've noticed from glancing at Twitter, Facebook and here.
    10-11-13 01:58 PM
    Z30 is a good device ,but the bb is struggling that may hurt Z30 sales sentiments a bit.
    10-11-13 02:03 PM
    There have been a few threads here about low volume during calls from the Z30 earpiece, maybe that's what the reviewer is complaining about when he says "call quality"?
    PFman likes this.
    10-11-13 02:08 PM
    Its obligatory for Engadget to make negative blackberry review, its a given. Its iphone or galaxy, nothing else matters to them. They are so blindsided, preaching 2013 hardware blah blah on iphone5, device which got smallest screen, least flexible os in 2013. Probably easier to just benchmark "compared to my iphone " rather than using and judging a system objetively.
    engadget is shallow and clearly biased against blackberry. Waste of time.

Posted via CB10
    Of course ,unless they give 10/10 they are biased. The z30 is not a 10 stars device unless you are blind to the shortcomings of its hardware and software. I suggest you stick with the biased reviews posted on this very site.
    Bsbudd, mikeo007 and Terser Nori like this.
    10-11-13 02:22 PM
    I have noticed most reviewers still not praising BB10 software yet even though they know very well it is better than competitors because most of them have too much investment with other platforms.
    just different not better
    10-11-13 02:25 PM
    Of course ,unless they give 10/10 they are biased. The z30 is not a 10 stars device unless you are blind to the shortcomings of its hardware and software. I suggest you stick with the biased reviews posted on this very site.
    Problem is even this site can't give Z30 10/10. Or get behind a $700price tag for the device.
    10-11-13 02:35 PM
    I challenge anyone to show me one perfect phone or platform out there. What qualifications do these reviewers have that would make their opinions/views more objective than any other person? The reviews from all the new owners of the Z30 is actually more reliable IMO.
    10-11-13 04:40 PM
    I don't believe these reboots are affected on the retail devices.... I don't know why they have rebooting Z30 review devices....
    10-11-13 04:46 PM
    Not bad of a review!
    10-11-13 05:40 PM
    Sometimes I feel like one guy has reboots and mentions it in his review, subsequent reviewers Google the device before writing their own review to gauge them opinion of other reviewers and sees them complain about a rebooting device. Already, having preexisting negative BlackBerry sentiment the second reviewer really hangs on to any flaws they read in the first review and just repeats them as if everyone is experiencing them.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 06:03 PM
    Thanks for the find. The comments about the crashes / reboots is concerning. That's the third review I found mentioning reboot issues. I guess we take solace that they are not emphasizing it as much as they probably could have. Maybe they're distracted by the iOS 7 BSOD problems so it tempered the reviews. Either way, hopefully it stabilizes or gets fixed ASAP before the Z30 comes to North America.
    Totally concerning...oh hello, what's this?
    iOS 7 blue screen of death caught on video | iMore

stuff happens...all new products have these sorts of bugs to iron out
    10-11-13 06:37 PM
    There is one thread on CrackBerry about a Z30 random reboot that was posted just now. The reviewers (all three different sites) experienced it, not one, but three so maybe there is an issue. Even if the random reboot was due to their inexperience using the Z30, it happened and it is their job to report it.
    10-11-13 06:42 PM
    I'm sure the US carriers will not allow this to happen again for this release. Verizon specifically took the longest for this reason

Posted via Harry
    10-11-13 06:52 PM
    There is one thread on CrackBerry about a Z30 random reboot that was posted just now. The reviewers (all three different sites) experienced it, not one, but three so maybe there is an issue. Even if the random reboot was due to their inexperience using the Z30, it happened and it is their job to report it.
    I don't trust any of those reviewers... and I want video of the reboot... otherwise it's just bs.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-11-13 07:21 PM
    Based on past negative media coverage, I don't blame you
    10-11-13 08:26 PM
    What I don't understand is how this could be an issue at all. Admittedly, I'm no electrical or software engineer, but all the reading I did leading up to BB10 release talked about how QNX was chosen due to it's tremendous stability, and that was why it was used in new automobile applications, and certain NASA endeavours.

Did the Space Shuttle suffer from reboots?
    I think the QNX used in the hardwares pre-BB10's QNX, were QNX that had almost no GUI. That was one of the reasons why the BB10 dev took a very long time, since they had to literally build one for it. I quote this from one of the podcast, and Kevin Michaluk said this. But let's not take the merit out of the system. It is a very good system.

On Engadget's defense, if you saw that "Z10 for a month" review, its much harsher, and I was led to think that the fundamental argument in their piece is "Where are all the apps?" and "why the camera is so suck-ish!". These 2 have always been the main biting / scratching points that they will nail at BlackBerry. I won't call it that fair (because honestly I don't believe the crash claims, unless they were doing exactly like what they did for the z10 review: sideloaded all the android apps and passing it off as a genuine BlackBerry 10 experience (which they did extensively for the z10 review)
    10-11-13 08:53 PM
141 1234 ...