Pretty decent review of the Z30 over at Engadget.com.
    BlackBerry Z30 review

Here is the conclusion for people who don't want to read the lengthy review:

"The BlackBerry Z30 has plenty of things going in its favor. It's well-designed, isn't cumbersome to hold and, despite its size, looks really stylish. Moreover, BlackBerry 10 is well-suited to a bigger display and the 5-incher here is a good one. So had the Z30 been the first BB10 device launched back in January, perhaps there would have been room for more optimism. We're always full of praise for devices with a strong battery and, while BlackBerry diehards will be annoyed that the cell isn't removable, a 13-hour intensive stint still means it should last for a full day of work or keep you entertained on a long-haul flight. However, we can't be universal in our praise because there are so many small things that add up to a frustrating experience. The constant crashes, middle-of-the-road camera and poor call quality erase much of the goodwill the handset has otherwise earned.

On one hand, the BlackBerry Z30 is the best BlackBerry 10 device yet, and if you're already a convert, this is the one we'd recommend. If you aren't a BlackBerry fan, however, then the situation's a little more nuanced. If you're looking to dump your Android, iOS or Windows Phone device in favor of the Z30, you have to ask yourself: Will you buy a device that really needs some urgent stability fixes -- not to mention the issues we've mentioned above? While we expect the Z30 to be cheaper in other territories, the �500 ($800) UK off-contract price will be another bitter pill for those looking to switch. The Z30 isn't a bad device by any means, just one that falls short of what we expect from a 2013-2014 flagship."
    1magine and wtrmlnjuc like this.
    10-11-13 09:10 AM
    Updated title (spelling error). Thank you for the post.
    10-11-13 09:17 AM
    Updated title (spelling error). Thank you for the post.
    Thank you!
    10-11-13 09:21 AM
    Thanks for the find. The comments about the crashes / reboots is concerning. That's the third review I found mentioning reboot issues. I guess we take solace that they are not emphasizing it as much as they probably could have. Maybe they're distracted by the iOS 7 BSOD problems so it tempered the reviews. Either way, hopefully it stabilizes or gets fixed ASAP before the Z30 comes to North America.
    gfondeur and drmike like this.
    10-11-13 09:24 AM
    I don't understand how all these review units seems to have stability problems and the OS keeps crashing. I have a stock Sprint Q10 and have never experienced this. I don't see any reports of problems with forum members' Z30s or with the CrackBerry review unit. It would be interesting to know which OS version/build is on these review units with problems.
    10-11-13 09:32 AM
    Even I would like to know what is going on with these stability claims.
    10-11-13 09:41 AM
    Yup. We have three reviewers (Forbes, IBTimes, and now Engadget) that I can find mentioning similar issues yet none from countless others (CB, phoneArena, MobileSyrup, Pocket-lint, Gizmodo Australia, CNET Asia, etc...). Hopefully BlackBerry keeps track of these review units and gets it investigated pronto.
    10-11-13 09:57 AM
    Like any other handset, out of the gate, BB's tend to have issues that get fixed with software updates over time. But hopefully they are just software issues and not hardware (like the 9780 keyboard issue people had). Unfortunate for sure, especially since you want reviewers to have as perfect experience as possible. Hope the issues are fixed before I get mine :-)
    Olidamarra likes this.
    10-11-13 10:00 AM
    poor call quality? wtf?

might be a carrier issue...or?

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 10:31 AM
    I cant say I have had huge problems running my Z10 on 10.2 but there have been a couple times where i have had to reboot due to glitches similar to what they talk about. Keep in mind the Z30 is not the same hardware as the Z10 or Q devices so just because your device never has had issues doesnt mean the Z30 will not have some glitches
    10-11-13 10:34 AM
    I don't understand how all these review units seems to have stability problems and the OS keeps crashing. I have a stock Sprint Q10 and have never experienced this. I don't see any reports of problems with forum members' Z30s or with the CrackBerry review unit. It would be interesting to know which OS version/build is on these review units with problems.
    They would be running 10.2 and your Q10 isn't unless you installed a leak. Apples and oranges to compare the 2 as the hardware is different as well.
    KoreyTM likes this.
    10-11-13 10:40 AM
    Surely, there is worser flagship phone out there than Z30.

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
    bbtino and playpen007 like this.
    10-11-13 10:42 AM
    USA might not even get it

Posted via Harry
    10-11-13 10:42 AM
    poor call quality! I don't believe it since other reviewers have praised it due to the new paratek tech.
    10-11-13 10:57 AM
    USA might not even get it

Posted via Harry
    You can still buy it unlocked
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-11-13 10:57 AM
    This review does not mention such problem
    BlackBerry Z30 - BlackBerry 10.2 Software
    10-11-13 11:00 AM
    Its obligatory for Engadget to make negative blackberry review, its a given. Its iphone or galaxy, nothing else matters to them. They are so blindsided, preaching 2013 hardware blah blah on iphone5, device which got smallest screen, least flexible os in 2013. Probably easier to just benchmark "compared to my iphone " rather than using and judging a system objetively.
    engadget is shallow and clearly biased against blackberry. Waste of time.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur, mrzeolite and SDTRMG like this.
    10-11-13 11:04 AM
    Re: reboot issue. My Z10 had no such problems... that was until a recent 10.2 leak (which I think is close to the gold build shipped with the Z30).

Reboots then became a once-or-twice-a-day occurence.

The latest leak I'm running seems fine again.

I bet the Z30's build has the same bug...

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 11:08 AM
    I always find it fishy when they make statements like "middle of the road camera" and "bad call quality" without any supporting evidence. What does middle of the road mean? What about the call quality is bad? signal? volume? clarity? No doubt the Z30 might have some bugs, but every new device does, for example my iphone crashed and rebooted yesterday (mind you it was a fairly quick turnaround time which I am thankful for) Is this going to stop me from getting the Z30? Probably not, especially with 3rd party developers for instagram, snapchat, and vine, Im even more seated in my decision to switch!
    Nharzhool likes this.
    10-11-13 11:42 AM
    I stopped reading where the reviewer claimed waking up the device was difficult, seemingly overlooking the swipe to wake gesture.

Crashes and stability issues concern me too. This was commonly reported with the Z10. I don't know if software changes fixed this, but to see this again in a new version of the OS is worrisome.

My Z10 has only rebooted once in the 6 months I've had it. I have had to reboot it manually a few times when something stopped working (computer wouldn't see it via USB or WiFi) but on the whole it's been reliable.
    10-11-13 11:47 AM
    Now I'm having second thoughts of getting the Z30 after reading about the stability issues, crashing and random reboots!!! :S
    SEAWARRIOR and Etios like this.
    10-11-13 11:52 AM
    Thanks for the find. The comments about the crashes / reboots is concerning. That's the third review I found mentioning reboot issues. I guess we take solace that they are not emphasizing it as much as they probably could have. Maybe they're distracted by the iOS 7 BSOD problems so it tempered the reviews. Either way, hopefully it stabilizes or gets fixed ASAP before the Z30 comes to North America.
    I have the Z30 since Monday and have no such issues so far !
    10-11-13 11:52 AM
    Now I'm having second thoughts of getting the Z30 after reading about the stability issues, crashing and random reboots!!! :S
    I have the Z30 since Monday and there are absolutely no issues !
    10-11-13 11:53 AM
    Did ALL the reviewers ALL handle the device in their own hands? Or are they just quoting each other (or probably BGR?)
    10-11-13 11:56 AM
    When I see these posts, I am reminded of my last three phones having a glitch at first.
    Nokia 6230-bb8820, and my current 9800. Each one turned out to be a great device. No doubt my future z30 I am busting at the gut to get will be as well.
    10-11-13 12:00 PM
141 123 ...