You compared it to the Nexus, not the X! But move the goal posts to feel better.

Posted via CB10
    Moto x and nexus 4 are basically the same phone. Chill out man

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 06:39 PM
    Yep, it's a duel core to fight against Samsung's unnecessary specs.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    HAHAHAH all of you DUAL core PLEASE lmao. Unless you are meaning to fight the z30 to the death. It is hard to take your comments seriously when you don't put your thought into it.8p

Spec-wise. It adds things that improve your experience. They cannot compete, nor have they ever competed directly with specs. They obviously went for battery life, bigger and better sound/display, and better reception. They added ease of use with 10.2 to add for that. Don't expect a company bleeding money to spend double for a 1080 p screen, lose money and lose battery life at the same time. I will buy a z30 because it is designed to work longer, sound loud for alarms and games/music, the have the antenna reception that will hopefully be better than other phones overall. Have you heard HD phone calls through the Z10?
    09-29-13 07:10 PM
    So is there much difference in what's in the z10 to the 30?

Posted via CB10
    the CPU alone is 25% faster plus the gpu is miles ahead
    09-29-13 10:02 PM
    Yes, I have heard HD calls on the z10. Awesome.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 10:08 PM
    the CPU alone is 25% faster plus the gpu is miles ahead
    CPU's more like 13.333% faster, anyway.
    09-29-13 10:17 PM
    HAHAHAH all of you DUAL core PLEASE lmao. Unless you are meaning to fight the z30 to the death. It is hard to take your comments seriously when you don't put your thought into it.8p

Spec-wise. It adds things that improve your experience. They cannot compete, nor have they ever competed directly with specs. They obviously went for battery life, bigger and better sound/display, and better reception. They added ease of use with 10.2 to add for that. Don't expect a company bleeding money to spend double for a 1080 p screen, lose money and lose battery life at the same time. I will buy a z30 because it is designed to work longer, sound loud for alarms and games/music, the have the antenna reception that will hopefully be better than other phones overall. Have you heard HD phone calls through the Z10?
    do you think a quadcore on a cellphone is needed? be honest

the Z30 runs perfectly fine, fast and smooth in all aspects why does it need a quadcore or even a 1080p display? 1080p just slows down the frame rate of the GPU and makes gaming laggier. whats funny is the HTC one and SGS4 both use the same GPU as the Z30 so do most of the other Android devices, end of the day the Z30 will render images better and you really won't notice the difference in resolution. another thing there was a video once comparing the Z10 and Nexus4 and the Z10 loaded angry birds much faster and the game play was smoother then the nexus.

i'm not trying to say one is better then the other but what i'm trying to say is that all these specs are just over kill and they are not needed its just a way for Andcroid vendors to differentiat themselves from eachother. the Z30 will compete on a performance level with all the high end devices but no one will see that because on a hardware end the specs are not even close to the same
    09-29-13 10:18 PM
    CPU's more like 13.333% faster, anyway.
    lol ok i did the tests benchmark comparing 1.7GHz krait 300 against the Z10s krait 200 at 1.5GHz. someone also ran a geekbench on the unfinished software and scored a 2400 my z10 scores 1800, you do the math. by those scores thats 33% faster
    09-29-13 10:22 PM
    lol ok i did the tests benchmark comparing 1.7GHz krait 300 against the Z10s krait 200 at 1.5GHz. someone also ran a geekbench on the unfinished software and scored a 2400 my z10 scores 1800, you do the math. by those scores thats 33% faster
    I'd be curious to see more in depth benchmarks. If the Z30 is indeed that much faster on the CPU front then there's gotta be more going on then just a small frequency bump.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 01:45 AM

"Whereas the current Krait core tops out at around 1.5GHz, Krait 300 will run at up to 1.9GHz.

Another big addition to the architecture is Krait 300 now features a hardware data prefetcher that preemptively grabs data out of main memory and brings it into L2 cache. The original Krait core had no L2 prefetchers.

Single threaded IPC improvements are the name of the game with Krait 300 and like all good evolutions to microprocessor architectures, the new Krait improves branch prediction accuracy. Since there's no increase to pipeline depth, improved branch prediction directly results in improved IPC (and better power efficiency)."

AnandTech | Qualcomm's Next-Gen Krait 400 & Krait 300 Announced in Snapdragon 800 & 600 SoCs

So the processor found in the Z30 is not just faster in terms of Ghz (1.7 vs 1.5), but it's also faster per clock AND better on battery life.

It should be quite a tangible speed increase on CPU alone, without even considering the advantages of the beefed up GPU subsystem which will also potentially take further load off the CPU.

All in all a solid upgrade.
    09-30-13 02:05 AM
    "Whereas the current Krait core tops out at around 1.5GHz, Krait 300 will run at up to 1.9GHz.

Another big addition to the architecture is Krait 300 now features a hardware data prefetcher that preemptively grabs data out of main memory and brings it into L2 cache. The original Krait core had no L2 prefetchers.

Single threaded IPC improvements are the name of the game with Krait 300 and like all good evolutions to microprocessor architectures, the new Krait improves branch prediction accuracy. Since there's no increase to pipeline depth, improved branch prediction directly results in improved IPC (and better power efficiency)."

AnandTech | Qualcomm's Next-Gen Krait 400 & Krait 300 Announced in Snapdragon 800 & 600 SoCs

So the processor found in the Z30 is not just faster in terms of Ghz (1.7 vs 1.5), but it's also faster per clock AND better on battery life.

It should be quite a tangible speed increase on CPU alone, without even considering the advantages of the beefed up GPU subsystem which will also potentially take further load off the CPU.

All in all a solid upgrade.
    yep, but folks don't see past the 1.7GHz dual core and into the architecture of the actual CPU, the 300 pushes krait technology closer to a Cortex A15, in some areas it may be better in some worse but either way its not just 13% faster.

also from my research into the Krait 400 i see performance figures the same as the 300 but yeilds improved battery efficiency, thought the 400 can take clock speeds at 2.2GHz
    09-30-13 04:21 PM
    Expelliarmus!

Posted via CB10
    Avada Kedavra!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 12:44 AM
    Dual core cpu, quad core graphics...so...both.

Trusted Member Genius
    10-02-13 05:07 AM
37 12