Z30 price drop and blackberry print ad in Indonesia-bb.jpg

Just saw this in a major newspaper in Indonesia today.
    Love the tagline "A keyboard that takes the initiative"
    Also the Z30 finally followed other countries' price cut. From the initial price of Rp 8 million (~ US$ 700) to Rp 6.5 million (~$570).
    The thing is, I went to 6 authorized resellers (including one Blackberry Store), but none of them knew about the new price. So it's either BBRY forgot to send the memo to the stores including their own store, or the ad is just for show for when John Chen visits Jakarta to announce the Jakarta.

Considering that this is a Good Friday/Easter weekend, I highly doubt the price drop will happen this weekend.
    I might be getting the Z30 from a parallel import (selling for around $500) then. A $70 price difference would be worth it to support the Indonesian BBRY, but at $200 difference, my money is going to the importer. It's legit, but the handset comes from another country's carrier.

It's a shame that BBRY can't get their distribution channels aligned with their programs. But it has been disheartening how quickly people in Indonesia lose interest in BBRY handset. A year ago, when I look around in high end malls, around 70% people will have blackberries. Nowadays, I believe the number would be around 20%-30% only.

We are still a very much BBM oriented nation, but every android phone is advertising their BBM capabilities.
    Maybe as I show people that a BBX unit can run most android apps, some will go back to BBRY.
    04-17-14 09:48 AM
    Congratulation on your Z30!

Did you take the ad into the stores and they refused to honor it?

Sad that when the do manage to do some marketing, they can mange to organize it so that it can be taken advantage of.
    04-17-14 10:15 AM
    I bought my Z30 from parallel import (garansi WII) 2 months ago at IDR5.999.000,-.
    At that time, the official distributors list price was around IDR7.800.000,-

Crazy profit margin by distributors killed BB10 sales.

? BBM channeling at C003910CB
    04-17-14 10:29 AM
    Did you translate or do they use English in all their print?
    04-17-14 10:30 AM
    Did you translate or do they use English in all their print?
    they use English Z except for the currency

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 10:31 AM
    they use English Z except for the currency

Posted via CB10
    Wow, thanks. I didn't know that
    Uzi likes this.
    04-17-14 10:37 AM
    I also find that very interesting. They use english all over the ad, implying they are specifically targeting the business users or the upper end of the demography. Probably they had a hard time translating the catchy phrase of "taking the initiative" to the Indonesian language.

I guess if Jakarta is really launched at around $200, they will be using the local language. Nokia certainly seemed to have a successful launch of their Nokia X last week. Priced at around $150, they are attracting users by announcing Android and BBM availability.
    04-17-14 10:39 AM
    Congratulation on your Z30!

Did you take the ad into the stores and they refused to honor it?

Sad that when the do manage to do some marketing, they can mange to organize it so that it can be taken advantage of.
    Didn't have the paper with me. Tried to access the e-paper version of the newspaper on the Z10, but the browser wouldn't let me go pass the first page. One of the guys even told me to find the ad again and check for fine prints carefully because sometimes there are a lot of terms and conditions on promotions.
    04-17-14 10:44 AM