I use in mainly lower reception areas. Depending on use I'm getting 15-12 hours use and that's fairly heavy use too lots of phone calls watching some Youtube Web browsing email etc. WIFI bluetooth. I use all the connections also I noticed it picked up the WIFI from a lot further away

My z10 would get maybe 5 hours if I was lucky and not even doing much with it.. so the zed 30 is pretty nice in that regard the z10 would die so fast some days when it was trying to get reception. Basement reception has been good the couple times I made calls from one.

The screen is good too. Large and vibrant colors.

Does feel a bit more snappy. Also it doesn't get laggy when you have all eight frames open the z10 would sometimes get pretty laggy with 7 or 8 apps open.

When I tried usb hosting I thought their might be a bunch of setting up but there isn't! just plug and play. With the usb stick or mouse i was like fug ya!. I have yet to play with miracast Also The 10.2 refinements are sweet. Word to go has a pretty sweet update on 10.2 aswell. PowerPoint is much more powerful with editing and stuff

I would recommend this phone.

Posted via CB10
    DJM626, chm985 and PatrickMJS like this.
    10-27-13 01:20 PM
    I use in mainly lower reception areas. Depending on use I'm getting 15-12 hours use and that's fairly heavy use too lots of phone calls watching some Youtube Web browsing email etc. WIFI bluetooth. I use all the connections also I noticed it picked up the WIFI from a lot further away

My z10 would get maybe 5 hours if I was lucky and not even doing much with it.. so the zed 30 is pretty nice in that regard the z10 would die so fast some days when it was trying to get reception. Basement reception has been good the couple times I made calls from one.

The screen is good too. Large and vibrant colors.

Does feel a bit more snappy. Also it doesn't get laggy when you have all eight frames open the z10 would sometimes get pretty laggy with 7 or 8 apps open.

When I tried usb hosting I thought their might be a bunch of setting up but there isn't! just plug and play. With the usb stick or mouse i was like fug ya!. I have yet to play with miracast Also The 10.2 refinements are sweet. Word to go has a pretty sweet update on 10.2 aswell. PowerPoint is much more powerful with editing and stuff

I would recommend this phone.

Posted via CB10
    Nice review. Have you noticed any issues that would be annoying or hard to deal with? Also I'm assuming the better basement reception is due to the better antennas.
    10-27-13 01:24 PM
    Great phone all around. I can't seem to put it down. I agree with the op.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10 using 1791
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    10-27-13 01:32 PM
    The only annoyance is Some of the apps that were brought over from the backup on the z10 had to be deleted and reloaded but other then that i've found it overall much more enjoyable the the z10. I dunno it's just really nice.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 03:08 PM
    I agree with that guy Slff

Via CB10 from my beautiful new z30! STA100-5/1791
    anon721037 likes this.
    10-27-13 03:26 PM
    I agree with that guy Slff

Via CB10 from my beautiful new z30! STA100-5/1791
    Who are you agreeing with me, leave a comment t about your new phone. Lol

Posted from my Z30 on CB10 using 1791
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    10-27-13 04:46 PM
    I would have to concur with the OP's findings. I would also have to venture that the auto-correct functions have been improved on 10.2 as I can now really type for speed and the system very intelligently picks up where I meant to type. I have very few cases where I really need to look at the keyboard while I type.

Battery life for me has stretched closer to around 18 hours per charge in a low LTE coverage area (HSPA is still a very strong signal though as the carrier has been paying attention to its low coverage areas within its network of late) but I have been living on wifi a lot this past 5 days. That said, with the wifi where I am being all the way down in the basement and often failing to connect in parts of the house, I have noticed that the Z30 keeps a good lock on the signal where other devices usually fail.

I have nothing to test out miracast with, nor have I found anyone with an up-to-date Q10 or another Z30 to try out wifi-direct.

Posted by my Z30 via CB10
    10-28-13 07:53 AM
    Thanks for the review. Cannot wait for these to start popping up in the States with hopefully a good ad campaign behind them.
    10-28-13 08:43 AM
    I would have to concur with the OP's findings. I would also have to venture that the auto-correct functions have been improved on 10.2 as I can now really type for speed and the system very intelligently picks up where I meant to type. I have very few cases where I really need to look at the keyboard while I type.

Battery life for me has stretched closer to around 18 hours per charge in a low LTE coverage area (HSPA is still a very strong signal though as the carrier has been paying attention to its low coverage areas within its network of late) but I have been living on wifi a lot this past 5 days. That said, with the wifi where I am being all the way down in the basement and often failing to connect in parts of the house, I have noticed that the Z30 keeps a good lock on the signal where other devices usually fail.

I have nothing to test out miracast with, nor have I found anyone with an up-to-date Q10 or another Z30 to try out wifi-direct.

Ya I noticed the auto correct seems better too.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 10:09 AM
    Did you happen to find that there was a rattling noise when setting the Z30 down or tapping on the back cover near the camera area? May be directly related too Z10 makes rattle sounds when I set it down - BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
    10-28-13 11:17 AM
    How is screen brightness, I've seen many complaints in reviews
    10-28-13 11:26 AM
    Any complaints of brightness may be a bad unit, used mine in bright sunlight a couple times with the slider for brightness set to minimum. The phone does have a bit of an anti-glare coating to help but it really does do a good job with the auto brightness adjuster working through all brightness situations.

10-28-13 01:04 PM
    the rattle sound may come from the side volume up down plastic button. They r loose

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 01:25 PM
    Do you happen to know if this is a widespread issue or just with isolated defected models?
    10-28-13 02:22 PM
    Greetings
    I just bought the Z30 out of HK and I'm living in fiji. I paid $650.00 outright and have been using it for a couple of days now. I'm migrating from the Z10 which I loved but really wanted the larger screen. So far this is what I've noticed.

Build quality on the Z30 is amazing

Resolution is excellent

Speed is a little bit faster but not by much

I side loaded about 6 apps and all are working

Everything ported from my old device Z10 to the Z30 with no problems using BlackBerry Link

All in all the Z30 is an excellent phone

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 03:18 PM
    Did you happen to find that there was a rattling noise when setting the Z30 down or tapping on the back cover near the camera area? May be directly related too Z10 makes rattle sounds when I set it down - BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
    There is a faint noise but it's not as noticeable as on the z10. I have to shake it forward and back by my ear to hear it. Side to side no little click sound.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 03:36 PM
    I don't know what their problems were in Those reviews that is definitely not an issue... let's see this things brightness is... the slider is just past half approximately for brightness and I have it pointed right at the sun and I can still read the screen.. definitely not as nice but I can still see the keyboard and type and read this posting... now If I crank it to full... that makes its a bit better I can see everything even when it's glaring actually.. that's pretty decent I think. And in the shade this is super crisp.

I'm gunna leave it on full and see how long the battery lasts me

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-28-13 03:45 PM
    I'm very pleased with the Z30 so far.

I'll second a lot of the comments here:
    • Outstanding build quality and premium physical feel
    • Much improved battery life over Z10 and even over Q10
    • Noticeably more responsive UI and app performance (especially over Z10)
    • Larger screen is very useful, both for media consumption and for the UI (nice to have that extra row of icons on each app page AND in folders)

Decent handset. Very happy.
    kbz1960, hazarder and revtech like this.
    10-28-13 03:56 PM
    The volume on calls are also too quiet for semi loud environments

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 04:29 AM
    Well I must say after a few days of full brightness I'm not noticing a super huge drop in battery life.

One day was fairly heavy use and lots of signal searching. I got 12 hours which for what I was doing I thought it was decent.

The other day was a bit lighter use and better service area. I got 15 hours and it wasn't even below the 20 percent warning yet.. so that's alright

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 08:51 AM
    The volume on calls are also too quiet for semi loud environments

Posted via CB10
    Ya I've noticed that too... speaker phone and blue tooth no issue which is what I mainly use. But the few times I use it normally it can be hard to hear someone who speaks softly or if your in a noisy place

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 08:54 AM
    Ya I've noticed that too... speaker phone and blue tooth no issue which is what I mainly use. But the few times I use it normally it can be hard to hear someone who speaks softly or if your in a noisy place

Posted via CB10
    That's due to the software that the Z30 is shipped with. People have been running newer leaks and found this issue fixed.
    Also, just a quick question about the 4 microphones...Have you had a chance to test noise cancellation as compared to other phones? Because for me, I use speakerphone frequently at a high volume and have found there is almost always feedback that the other person hears. Thanks
    10-31-13 09:07 AM
    I'll ask over the next few days. nobody has mentioned any annoying feed back so far.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 10:31 AM
    It sounds like you are describing the rattle from the autofocus mechanism of the camera. It's normal.
    10-31-13 10:47 AM